Paul challenged me as to the sustainabilty of this build on ubbers solo
and tbh havnt tested it on them yet

im up for the challenge and will post video here

i will use my standard ubbe set up but gear will remain unchanged
i will show gear before each portal is opened as well as my bags

of course the tricky one will be siege

wish luck :p
Reply Quote
I would like to add act 4 silver spire level 1/2 full clear with minimal deaths = 1 to 2 deaths if you will take it up too =D
Reply Quote
I'm sensing some jealousy in this thread.
Reply Quote
Congradulation on goal achieved!! It's impressive to see ~300k DPS with SOJ.

I am trying but it's damn impossible using my skorn building. A+++
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 09:31 AMPosted by Phoenixx
I'm sensing some jealousy in this thread.

"some" jealousy?? Heck, I am ALOT jealous lol. Hope my WD would reach those numbers someday... but unfortunately, I'm working on my other toons now...

When I achieve something as good as this too, I want to make a thread about it. It's called bragging rights :D
Reply Quote
400k with soj! Truly awesome man and I hope to hit that eventually. I just hit 300k with mine, LONG way to go haha. Grats
Reply Quote

Like I said if u guys want to admire such a person as this by all means go for it but I prefer to admire and respect a person who actually works for the gear instead of just charging it all up on a credit card. Call me a troll all you want but I have in no way done any name calling or lying about Reaper666 just stated the obvious facts.

Let's see an unemployed kid who "works" playing diablo all the time versus an adult who spends some money on his hobby? I honestly don't see the difference in how someone acquires their loot. First person has little money but free time, second person has little free time but money.

Why you feel the need to insult either type of person is beyond me.

And congrats Reaper - your WD is insane.
Reply Quote
Wow D3up.com sure likes SoJ.

Thirty percent more damage, right on the top of your DPS.

Now you would think, if that were in fact the case, we would see elites die 25% faster (at least) when wearing a SoJ. Wonder why we don't all see that?

Then you could use Hex and Knock them down another 20-30% and get 50% faster kills.

And so on.

Has anyone that uses a SoJ ever timed it to see if in fact it works this way.

So SoJ on Bosses kills them 30% faster?

Who has tested it? And what is the actual percentage observed?
Reply Quote
Wow D3up.com sure likes SoJ.

Thirty percent more damage, right on the top of your DPS.

Now you would think, if that were in fact the case, we would see elites die 25% faster (at least) when wearing a SoJ. Wonder why we don't all see that?

Then you could use Hex and Knock them down another 20-30% and get 50% faster kills.

And so on.

Has anyone that uses a SoJ ever timed it to see if in fact it works this way.

So SoJ on Bosses kills them 30% faster?

Who has tested it? And what is the actual percentage observed?

sky, a soj has more damage to elites yet the 30 percent you are using is skewed. Vs elites a soj will out damage I think pretty much any rare or set ring, etc. in the game if its a 30 percent soj yet its only the difference between the ring you are compairing vs the 30 percent. By that I mean the margin may only be lets say 4k - 10k more damage going to the soj as an example (before any damage buffs are applied) yet what people I think fail to take into consideration is that if you are using a lot of damage buffs that margin on the soj gets even higher. Remeber though, its only vs elites where the added damage is even noticed yet a soj pretty much, with the damage buffs a WD gets, really does shine over other rings vs elites once the damage buffs are all computed and the more damage buffs you use the better the soj can shine on elites vs. the rare or set ring.

Someone correct me if I am wrong with the way the damage buffs somewhat add up a little more in the soj users favor vs elites yet I think I am right on the money on this.
Edited by Gotcha#1167 on 8/2/2013 2:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
skywalker

elites will take that addition % damage listed on your soj along with any other gear that has damage to elites and add that to your base damage

and most definately the kills times are faster :)
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 8/2/2013 2:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes but does it do the 30%?

So killing say Ghom, all skills the same. Regular ring 30K DPS gain. SoJ 30% 100K DPS gain. So what percentage can the SoJ kill Ghom at time-wise. Does it kill him 20% faster than the regular DPS ring in terms of time. Same skills, same buffs.
Reply Quote
swifty is right too...

the real difference between my rare and soj is about 60k dps
to elites

of course i get the extra mana on soj and still maintain the 4 pc zuni for the mana regen

tbh i am concerned about my vit loss but i will test out some runs and see if indeed this set up if fully viable in all mp10 content

oh and swifty ... or course as damage buffs get activated that extra % damage to elites will scale along with those damage buffs. you actually see those numbers on d3up
for example when im fully buffed, damage against elites is a little over 1m but the buffed numbers are really not important to me due to the fact who really runs around fully buffed all the time :p

hope this helps
Edited by REAPER666#1553 on 8/2/2013 3:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 02:57 PMPosted by skywalkerfx
So killing say Ghom, all skills the same. Regular ring 30K DPS gain. SoJ 30% 100K DPS gain.

This should be quite easy to video and proof. Just gear a white spear, no ring, then add in the SoJ ring. Use Melee damage. I'm quite certain we'll get something like 1.06 x 1.30 (6% element, 30% to elites) just from that ring.

So what percentage can the SoJ kill Ghom at time-wise. Does it kill him 20% faster

Not very meaningful to test timing. Delay in clicking, walking, slow in casting, etc, too many variables. If we can prove the extra damage, naturally the kill time ought to be faster.

Time needed = Ghom's Life / DPS
If DPS (due to VS Elites) goes up, Time needed = Ghom's Life / (DPS vs elites) = lesser time needed.
Reply Quote
Does it kill him 20% faster than the regular DPS ring in terms of time. Same skills, same buffs.

It's simple. Provided you both stand and channel until he's dead, You will kill him faster at whatever % your elite dps is over your regular dps with the other ring. So if you have 200k dps with a SoJ on (260k elite dps), and 230k dps with a rare ring, you will kill elites 12% faster with the SoJ. Just divide your dps using another ring by your elite dps using a SoJ. 230/260=0.88 or 88%. 100-88=12 or 12% faster kill time.

This is with no buffs at all. Any buffs just increase that number because SoJ scales with buffs more than any other ring. Use d3up to see your buffed dps and then do the math to see the real difference, which will be much larger. When we play in groups the buffs are out of control. Double bbv and a monk spamming overawe. SoJ is untouchable in a situation like that.
Reply Quote
good job, reaper...
try mp 10 azmo. ;P
Reply Quote
Ok done, proof is here:
Video - http://youtu.be/guFnk0Ue9GM

Quite simple actually, white spear with empty ring slot, then put on a 6/30 SoJ. Use Melee attacks.

No Ring ------------------------ With SoJ (on Elites)
Non-Crit --- Crit -------------- Non-Crit --- Crit
975 --------- 2174 ------------ 1338 -------- 2984

*Ignore the 741 number, that's my thorns damage.

For non-crit, SoJ higher damage by 1.3723 times
For crit, SoJ higher damage by 1.3726 times

6% element, 30% to elites, 1.06 x 1.30 = 1.378 (slight rounding error, but in line with expectations)
Edited by PaulNg#6869 on 8/2/2013 3:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
totally agreed...
besides, if reaper's rare ring has 60k dps difference from soj... reaper's other rare ring probably has ias. So his soj has crazy mana management benefit...

Well, with that soj, I have self buffed elite dps max'ed over 1mil (numbers from d3up)..and i am even just using a skorn. numbers from 1h users like reaper will be so damn crazy

(1 mil DPS.. I am so amazed.... so proud of WD!!!!!!)

Does it kill him 20% faster than the regular DPS ring in terms of time. Same skills, same buffs.

It's simple. Provided you both stand and channel until he's dead, You will kill him faster at whatever % your elite dps is over your regular dps with the other ring. So if you have 200k dps with a SoJ on (260k elite dps), and 230k dps with a rare ring, you will kill elites 12% faster with the SoJ. Just divide your dps using another ring by your elite dps using a SoJ. 230/260=0.88 or 88%. 100-88=12 or 12% faster kill time.

This is with no buffs at all. Any buffs just increase that number because SoJ scales with buffs more than any other ring. Use d3up to see your buffed dps and then do the math to see the real difference, which will be much larger. When we play in groups the buffs are out of control. Double bbv and a monk spamming overawe. SoJ is untouchable in a situation like that.
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 8/2/2013 3:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This may be a dumb question but I've often wondered how a soj scales with different attack speed builds?

For example when I had my CoB gear I had two setups; one had 1.09 as and the other had 2.07 but both had just about the same sheet dps. So I wonder if i were to equip an soj on both builds does the 30% dmg still get equally applied or not?

The point I'm trying to make is my 1.09 as build was pure raw dmg int, cd, and average dmg only with the exception of my witching hour and my 2.07 as build had less raw dmg but a ton of attack speed. I actually did some ghom tests to test both builds as far as kill time and believe it or not they were both so very close in time that imo I felt it was best to go with the low 1.09 as build because I could run 6% ls instead of just 3% allowing me to face tank more and kill reflects faster.

Unfortunately I no longer have the gear as I grew a bit annoyed playing the CoB build so I sold it all but if anyone else wants to test I would be interested in knowing.
Edited by heyguyslol#1302 on 8/2/2013 4:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/02/2013 04:04 PMPosted by heyguyslol
So I wonder if i were to equip an soj on both builds does the 30% dmg still get equally applied or not?

It should be exactly the same. SoJ just scales with damage. There's no mechanic like elemental damage scaling with average damage.

imo I felt it was best to go with the low 1.09 as build because I could run 6% ls instead of just 3% allowing me to face tank more and kill reflects faster.

That is my opinion as well, which is why I love SoJs. A comparable dps ring would have to have ias, which would just make it harder to manage mana with no actual damage gain beyond paper dps and trash mobs.
Reply Quote
soj scales with different attack speed builds?

SoJ adds to the black damage portion of the weapon, so you could say it is a buff to the character sheet, before skill damage per hit or per tick is calculated. APS helps you to hit or tick faster.

one had 1.09 as and the other had 2.07 but both had just about the same sheet dps

Since they have the same sheet DPS, they will output the same DPS in-game, unless your skill is a channel or DoT type. Poison darts, for example, will give you the same damage output.

On the other hand, CoB identifies which APS bracket you're in:
1.09 is 2.22 ticks per sec
2.07 is 4.29 ticks per sec

1 tick is half a "hit". Depending on your "damage per hit", the 2 different APS brackets may give you different results.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]