Diablo® III

GOAL ACHIEVED....WITH SOJ

I have the same question.
I think ias is one question..that's related to number of ticks per second..
crit chance is another, that affect the crit delays..

If one build had 1.09 and the other had 2.07, both have the same sheet dps, what compensate their differences? one has high crit chances than the other?

Once you put an soj, you lose crit chances...that account for difference in crit delays, and hence the overall killing speed.

i dont know if I am making sense here..

I can help if anyone interested in any testing.

This may be a dumb question but I've often wondered how a soj scales with different attack speed builds?

For example when I had my CoB gear I had two setups; one had 1.09 as and the other had 2.07 but both had just about the same sheet dps. So I wonder if i were to equip an soj on both builds does the 30% dmg still get equally applied or not?

The point I'm trying to make is my 1.09 as build was pure raw dmg int, cd, and average dmg only with the exception of my witching hour and my 2.07 as build had less raw dmg but a ton of attack speed. I actually did some ghom tests to test both builds as far as kill time and believe it or not they were both so very close in time that imo I felt it was best to go with the low 1.09 as build because I could run 6% ls instead of just 3% allowing me to face tank more and kill reflects faster.

Unfortunately I no longer have the gear as I grew a bit annoyed playing the CoB build so I sold it all but if anyone else wants to test I would be interested in knowing.
Edited by Luffy#1946 on 8/2/2013 4:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have the same question.
I think ias is one question..that's related to number of ticks per second..
crit chance is another, that affect the crit delays..

If one build had 1.09 and the other had 2.07, both have the same sheet dps, what compensate their differences? one has high crit chances than the other?

Once you put an soj, you lose crit chances...that account for difference in crit delays, and hence the overall killing speed.

i dont know if I am making sense here..

I can help if anyone interested in any testing.

This may be a dumb question but I've often wondered how a soj scales with different attack speed builds?

For example when I had my CoB gear I had two setups; one had 1.09 as and the other had 2.07 but both had just about the same sheet dps. So I wonder if i were to equip an soj on both builds does the 30% dmg still get equally applied or not?

The point I'm trying to make is my 1.09 as build was pure raw dmg int, cd, and average dmg only with the exception of my witching hour and my 2.07 as build had less raw dmg but a ton of attack speed. I actually did some ghom tests to test both builds as far as kill time and believe it or not they were both so very close in time that imo I felt it was best to go with the low 1.09 as build because I could run 6% ls instead of just 3% allowing me to face tank more and kill reflects faster.

Unfortunately I no longer have the gear as I grew a bit annoyed playing the CoB build so I sold it all but if anyone else wants to test I would be interested in knowing.

Luffy, its a great question yet just the one ring IMO with at best 50/6 is going to be somewhat mimimal in the computation in the overall relation of the SOJ vs rare/set. There will be a difference however, yet I think as the soj gains a lot more with the more damage buffs you use, the issue still will always be the SOJ will outperform the rare/set ring by a noticable margin vs elites.
Edited by Gotcha#1167 on 8/2/2013 5:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Congrats on hitting your goal Reaper! That's an epic amount of damage being dealt to elites :)

I actually think the most impressive part of your build is the non-dps element. It's not that hard to hit 400k dps vs elites as a glass cannon, but you've done it with full movement speed, high ehp, and without abusing attack speed. That's a remarkable feat! (Also, nice new weapon!)

My goal is also to hit 400k vs elites, but I'm really struggling to do it without dropping a boatload of ehp.

@The Haters: Nobody cares what you think. That is all.
Reply Quote
Very nice, now go ahead and add PtV, heard it's very end game :)
Reply Quote
Nice 1 reaper ! :)

ignore the haters, why care what they think :) i never ever have :")
Reply Quote
Very nice Reaper!!!

Happy for you. Enjoy the run!!
Reply Quote
Btw, I am still learning and trying to play around PTV build. Wish me luck bros :-)
Reply Quote
That is one awesome Witch Doctor. Congratulations on reaching your goal! I like setting goals for myself as well; it helps to keep the game interesting. My current goal for my Barb is to reach 300k unbuffed sheet DPS (with an SoJ) while still maintaining around one million EHP and over 5% Life Steal. It's going to be tough, but I think I can do it.
Reply Quote
its cool darkvoid ty he knows nothing about me

i have done nothing but support this community and enjoy playing the game with buddies

And yes Reaper I know more about u than u claim. I have never seen anyone waste as much money buying gear off the rmah than u, such a waste.

Have you heard how much money Kanye West spent on buying his baby's crib?

To each and their own. You just sound jealous that he has more expendable income than you :> You should get a job if you want a higher CC limit :>
Reply Quote
View profile
Very nicely done.

Your next mission, should you choose to accept it, is to do it with a two-hander. Stacking IAS to the ceiling on gloves, pants and jewelry would seem to be indicated.

Good luck.
Reply Quote
View profile
Gratz to the OP on that SOJ. Damn thing is sweeeet.

I don't care how you got it, the hatin in this thread is strong. Either way, a very smart choice and beyond all the GAH/RMAH talk in this game, much of the strategy lies in gear choices. Good job on the build!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]