Diablo® III

gear checks/upgrades/best community thread!!!

hello fellow monks its time we become recognized for our awesome community. to long have we been following the path to enlightenment watching others lead astray.

this thread will be used for philanthropy only. i plan to make this thread to help other monks gear and understand builds.

the basic idea is i will post my old gear up on this thread if its of help to another monk then ill access their need for it over others and who ever is most deserving will get the item. i encourage everyone to participate. paying it forward goes a long way in a game like this and if we can all help a little then we will make the monk community a better place.

furthermore anyone wanting a gear check or some friendly advice about build feel free to post here. im not always on the forum but if i dont anwser you can find me in game (pwnmatt#1916) my hopes are that over time others will help me MOD this thread and provide gear help to others.

feel free to add me id love to do runs with all you and want to build an awesome community so lets get to it.

[u]Starter sets for free:[u]

If you are a starting monk or dont know if you want to play monk I will happily make you a starter set probably around 100-300mil set so you can get started. only condition to the starter set is you will be required to give be the gear slot by slot as you upgrade your monk. this way we can stick to the theme of paying it forward and constantly have gear we can pass down to newer monks.

the starter sets will have the mitigation needed for mp10 however i cant give the needed dps with that budget so it will probably be geared more toward mp7 clearing. if you leave what type of build you would like to try i will gear the set toward that build.

RULES OF THE THREAD:

- no trashing others. this is a place of help
- if you end up taking an upgrade you must leave the slot it replaced for another monk (this way we can keep the cycle going and help out as many people as possible)
- if you want to post your own old gear feel free i will continuely update the main post so everyone can check current gear getting given away

Current Gear available:

Inna helm: 70+ all res 16x dex 1xx vit 10% sweeping winds dmg.
inna pants:
>198vit 90dex 8asi 1cc 12% movespeed (gone)
> will always have 160+ vit 90+ dex 9asi (depends on ah price for extra stats)
nat rings: (gifted a ton of asi avg dmg dex ring) add in game or ask for specifics

rare rings:
> will always be able to give away
> 4.5cc 40cd 40avg 70+ dex rings (exact stats depend on ah deal atm)

Shenlong's Relentless Assault:
1022.8 DPS
197 Dex
11% IAS
803 LOH

Fire Walkers
37 Str
242 Dex
72 Intel
48 Fire Res
12% Movement
Melee dmg reduction 4%
Burns ground

Lacuni Prowlers
98 Str
61 Dex
164 Vit
9% IAS
12% Movement

Inna's Radiance (One socket)
190 Dex
120 Int
36 Vit
1.82 Spirit Regen per sec
6% CC
15% Life (Amethyst Star in socket)

Inna's Temperance (Two sockets)
100 Dex
9% IAS
162 Life Regen per sec
12% Movement
1% CC
68 Vit (two flawless squares in sockets)

Inna's Favor
7% Holy Damage
51 Str
123 Dex
241 Armor
1%CC
Controlling effects reduced 14%

Natalya's Reflection
89 Dex
47 Fire Res
9% IAS
17% Gold
227 Life per second regen
Globes/Potions +4405
Edited by pwnmatt#1916 on 8/1/2013 10:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
currently at work however i will put up the gear i have once i am off. will be around 6 hours from now.
Reply Quote
I will pass a few piece's of gear if needed, always willing to help the fellow monk community!!

Monk's FTW!!
Reply Quote
I will pass a few piece's of gear if needed, always willing to help the fellow monk community!!

Monk's FTW!!

i know that i have a nice pair of gloves some pants helms and chest that ill be putting up. should also have a nat ring or to.
Reply Quote
i am looking for an upgrade to my boots and helm. I would really like to upgrade to a mempo if i go with a new helm so if anyone has some things for sale that we could make a deal on.
Reply Quote
i can give you a great deal on some nice nat boots. dont have exact stats but they are very close the the ones i have on just with a little less vit on them.
Reply Quote
Hi! I'm not really sure what to upgrade to be honest. Just started playing my monk again and have been having so much fun. I Would like to be able to handle mp10 tho. I got about 100-200m to burn not sure its enough, here's hoping you can work your magic on me. Also some build advice would greatly help. Thanks in advance :)
Reply Quote
i dont know about mp10 for 100-200mil but we can def do some big changed and get you much more comfortable for that money. i can make it so you can tank mp10 but it will be slow. i think mp7-8 would be better to aim for.

a big problem is your stacking an expensive resist phy is the most costly res there is.

first thing i would change is chest aim for 2xx vit as high dex as you can get for 30-50mil.

drop inna 4 piece for witching hour. will give you a lot more gains at your current dps. depending on the cost of a phy wh id either go for a single res double dex wh. if phy is to costly go for a vit dex wh.

bracers can be upgraded get lower vit and 1xx dex on them with as my all res as you can.

actually add me in game. i want to take a look at the current ah pricing it may be better to go crafted bracer and change up your your weapons for now.

the problem that limiting your gear is the single res is expensive and your very low on dex.

you dont need all the +armor rolls that will come with more dex. you will also need double ls.

but if you add me pwnmatt#1916 ill see what we can do once im off work.
Reply Quote
ok thanks! I already sent a request. cya in a bit
Reply Quote
Hi, Thank you for this thread.

I am quite new to monk, just wondering if there are things that i should take note of for building a cyclone monk.

What are some of the best skills runes? Higher aps > paper dps? Avg dmg > crit dmg? What is the ideal mitigation / regeneration to completely stand on plague, arcane, and molten on MP 10?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Noob monk here need some suggestions.

Want to build a bell monk cuz it is fun to play. Read a lot of post regarding different build, but the thing is I really don't want to die. I don't dare to directly copy the build, so I need suggestions from more experienced monks here.

About the gear, what is the cheapest next upgrade for me?

Thanks very much!
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
I'm doing a bell build, any suggestions on which way to go gear wise? I would like to be able to farm mp 10 efficiently. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Faust-1455/hero/7109183
Reply Quote
I just wanted to pop in and publicly acknowledge how awesome Matt is. He took some of his time (a commodity which I personally cherish) to evaluate my setup, give me some pointers and direction. We exchanged a piece of gear and that gave me the nudge I needed to pursue a new (OWE free) path of enlightenment.

TLDR: Thanks a ton Matt!
Reply Quote

I am quite new to monk, just wondering if there are things that i should take note of for building a cyclone monk.

What are some of the best skills runes? Higher aps > paper dps? Avg dmg > crit dmg? What is the ideal mitigation / regeneration to completely stand on plague, arcane, and molten on MP 10?

Thanks!

thank you for your post. if you looking to build a cyclone monk for mp10 there are a couple of different builds that are viable right now. are you looking to do a support monk with group buffing(pull monk) or for solo farming?

if you want to do solo farming there is a really nice nirvana build using pillars that clears both trash and E fast. the skill set i use for this build is Fist of fury, cyclone strike/implosion, sweeping winds/blade storm, MoC/overawe, infused with light, bells/pillar.

its basically a nirvana build using the free skill slot for cyclone strike. depending on your gear lvl and if you doing OWE or not i would use the passives: beacon, sieze the initiative, exhaulted soul.

if your OWE then change exhaulted soul for OWE.

gearing for this build is very simple you want a high dmg mainhand with a stat stick off hand. get double ls if your under 250k dps. priority of stats on dmg slots should be cc,cd,avg dmg,asi (a lot of people like higher aps for nirvana so you can put more bells down in the 5second period)

gear priority fro defense 50k hp 500all res 5k armor

if you can hit those stats you should be fine in mp10.
Reply Quote
View profile
Noob monk here need some suggestions.

Want to build a bell monk cuz it is fun to play. Read a lot of post regarding different build, but the thing is I really don't want to die. I don't dare to directly copy the build, so I need suggestions from more experienced monks here.

About the gear, what is the cheapest next upgrade for me?

Thanks very much!

he sorry im not going to much help. i dont play HC and i dont play 2h. i know there are some really good TR bell build for 2h play. i dont know if its the best build to run in HC tho. although bells in general are because they are much easier to kite with. check out druin he knows a lot about 2H farming and build.
Reply Quote
I'm doing a bell build, any suggestions on which way to go gear wise? I would like to be able to farm mp 10 efficiently. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Faust-1455/hero/7109183

GAHHH i just made a huge post and it didnt go. grr sorry mate im not typing it all out again. give me an add in game tho i have a good idea of what we can do and i have some cold res gear to bring your life up. also have some options to change around your build order and make you less spirit gen dependant.

pwnmatt#1916
Reply Quote
just wanted to pop in and publicly acknowledge how awesome Matt is. He took some of his time (a commodity which I personally cherish) to evaluate my setup, give me some pointers and direction. We exchanged a piece of gear and that gave me the nudge I needed to pursue a new (OWE free) path of enlightenment.

TLDR: Thanks a ton Matt!

thanks for the kind works. hope the search for OWE free is going well. i know your close to it now. and your dps has come a long way for one day. GRATZ

honest if you got one more slot with like 70 all res you can drop OWE. well close you will need to get a little bit more in the slots you already have all res. but your bracers look prime to add some res. keep up the crafting
Reply Quote
updated current gear available. also have boots and rings that i will be adding later. to get this thread started i think im going to go pick up a 4.5cc 18x dex mempo to give away.
Reply Quote

Thanks!

thank you for your post. if you looking to build a cyclone monk for mp10 there are a couple of different builds that are viable right now. are you looking to do a support monk with group buffing(pull monk) or for solo farming?

if you want to do solo farming there is a really nice nirvana build using pillars that clears both trash and E fast. the skill set i use for this build is Fist of fury, cyclone strike/implosion, sweeping winds/blade storm, MoC/overawe, infused with light, bells/pillar.

its basically a nirvana build using the free skill slot for cyclone strike. depending on your gear lvl and if you doing OWE or not i would use the passives: beacon, sieze the initiative, exhaulted soul.

if your OWE then change exhaulted soul for OWE.

gearing for this build is very simple you want a high dmg mainhand with a stat stick off hand. get double ls if your under 250k dps. priority of stats on dmg slots should be cc,cd,avg dmg,asi (a lot of people like higher aps for nirvana so you can put more bells down in the 5second period)

gear priority fro defense 50k hp 500all res 5k armor

if you can hit those stats you should be fine in mp10.

Thanks for the detailed explanations, I shall give that a shot!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]