Diablo® III

I built a Diablo stats site. Invite you to check it out

This guys site is pretty raw.. I won't lie..
props to you sir!
Add me in game! #1204
Reply Quote
Looks pretty sweet man. ive only got two suggestions for the site and they are both aesthetic.
1. get some cool pictures and let each user choose a background for their account/character.
2. it would be awesome if the picture of the character off to the left showed the gear you were wearing instead of a nooby little wiz B)

otherwiz (punny) pretty goo stuff man, maybe grab some ideas from dialbo progress i love how they can track rank
Reply Quote
Great work!

Possible future suggestions:

-add an EHP calculation
-add an 'ability damage' selection (will take some time due to the number of variables involved, I understand... but still would be pretty cool, like say I wanna know what kind of #s my 'loaded for bear' or the death grenade would do, for example).
-add 'best stat to increase' for dps and same for EHP sliders for min-maxing.

Amazing potential here, you could make good money with this!

I'll add an EHP in the 'life related' section today.

Adding 'ability damage' will need a lot of work. but considering I already spent so much time implementing all set bonus and item skill bonus, I'll probably add that too in the near future.

"Best stat to increase" I cannot think of any universal criteria now. For example, some builds don't really care about attack speed, some builds (such as CM wizard, 0-dog WD) the attack speed matters so much, even it's over 2.4, would still need to be considered as the best stat to increase. but I will think about that.
Reply Quote
In overall, I really like your site. It's bright and good to look at and every stats is well seperated.

I only thought of one thing right now that I would find useful to add, but I don't know if it would be possible.

Here's the thing: When I use 2 1h weapons, the game always tells me that using a 2h weapon boost my dps because it compares itself only with my main hand weapon. Is there a way for your site to calculate the dps you do with a standard 2h weapon and the dps you do with 2 1h weapon? (You could remove the stats the weapon gives and do the maths with a generic unbuffed weapon for each type so you know which one the rest of your gear is better for.)

Like I said, I don't know if it's possible. Tell me if it's possible or if you don't understand what I mean, I'll try to make it more clear.

It's definitely possible.
Before I even thought of building an "Auction House Advisor", show all the stats before and after you switch an item.
This is still in my plan.
Reply Quote
sucks o_O
Reply Quote
07/30/2013 11:34 AMPosted by jburm
sucks o_O

Np it doesn't, its actually a very useful site if you put it to use. Please direct your negativity somewhere else. Obviously the web page is in the process of being completed and not done yet so your jumping to a conclusion.

@aresling, I like it and keep up the good work and please repost when its all completed im really curious what you decide to do with it next and especially with the background.
Edited by NeLLy#1854 on 7/30/2013 11:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
As one developer to another, good job.
Reply Quote
Looks pretty sweet man. ive only got two suggestions for the site and they are both aesthetic.
1. get some cool pictures and let each user choose a background for their account/character.
2. it would be awesome if the picture of the character off to the left showed the gear you were wearing instead of a nooby little wiz B)

otherwiz (punny) pretty goo stuff man, maybe grab some ideas from dialbo progress i love how they can track rank

I can probably let people select their own character image (any image they want) by saving the image to local cookies. I'll put this to my future plan.
Showing the gears on the character is not really doable as Blizzard are not exposing that through their API. if I have enough time to hack into their binary library...., i am afraid that's still not feasible. :D

Diablo progress for sure is a good site, They have huge database to store character information and sort it out by most concerned attributes. I think my site will keep targeting individual character stats.
Reply Quote
07/30/2013 11:39 AMPosted by NeLLy
sucks o_O

Np it doesn't, its actually a very useful site if you put it to use. Please direct your negativity somewhere else. Obviously the web page is in the process of being completed and not done yet so your jumping to a conclusion.

@aresling, I like it and keep up the good work and please repost when its all completed im really curious what you decide to do with it next and especially with the background.

Thank you NeLLy, I'll add an update log today to list all I've updated and what I plan to do next.
Reply Quote
I'm going to add "EHP" to the defense section.
Since i already include melee / ranged damage reduction, I'll use an average of all different type damage reduction to calculate a more meaning EHP.
I'll put up an explanation page as well, my Internet is down at home tonight. I'll update the site no later than tomorrow night.
Reply Quote
Really clean man! I like the site a lot
Reply Quote
View profile
You should probably check d3up.com. Seems like that is what you would like your site to become eventually. Even if you arent planning on doing all the things that site does you can at least steal some ideas from the build generator which is what your site kind of looks like.
Reply Quote
I vision my site will focus on helping people track character stats while D3up has decent build (data mining) report.

I'll eventually let people log in and take snapshots of characters.
Maybe then build a gallery of various builds. Let people which character snapshots are good examples for each build.
Reply Quote
Fixed the "Contact" page. Please send me a message through this page if you find any issue.
Thank you.

-- aresling
Reply Quote
Great site, love the minimalist format and simple design.

As a designer, I'd recommend adding some "flavor" to the interface to make it a bit more Diablo-esque (of course while maintaining the simplicity).
Reply Quote
Great site, love the minimalist format and simple design.

As a designer, I'd recommend adding some "flavor" to the interface to make it a bit more Diablo-esque (of course while maintaining the simplicity).

Yeah, I'm working on multiple color themes now.
Reply Quote
Very nice. I really like a site that's neat, tidy, easy on the eyes, and easy to navigate.
Reply Quote
visiting your site install l337 h4x0r5 on my computerzzzz!!!!

nah, just kidding. nice start on the site. to expand on what narull mentioned earlier regarding the colour scheme; I find the white dreadful and hard on the eyes, especially on my larger LED monitor vs. my dimmed laptop monitor. However appearance is nothing if functionality is there, and from the quick look I took, my first impression was good and I liked seeing such comprehensive stat information. I like how you've categorized and organized the info.

I haven't played with it much, but I've bookmarked it to return this weekend and give it a more thorough look. if i find any issues worth notifying you, I will do so.

one idea I always thought would be cool is if at the bottom of a stat sheet (or down the side, w/e) the available skills for that character were displayed (not just the active ones), where clicking one would adjust your stats accordingly. this would allow for one to quickly see an important change from a different build.

As I mentioned; good start. Look forward to seeing it develop. Good luck with your project.
Reply Quote
Nicely done!
Reply Quote
visiting your site install l337 h4x0r5 on my computerzzzz!!!!

nah, just kidding. nice start on the site. to expand on what narull mentioned earlier regarding the colour scheme; I find the white dreadful and hard on the eyes, especially on my larger LED monitor vs. my dimmed laptop monitor. However appearance is nothing if functionality is there, and from the quick look I took, my first impression was good and I liked seeing such comprehensive stat information. I like how you've categorized and organized the info.

I haven't played with it much, but I've bookmarked it to return this weekend and give it a more thorough look. if i find any issues worth notifying you, I will do so.

one idea I always thought would be cool is if at the bottom of a stat sheet (or down the side, w/e) the available skills for that character were displayed (not just the active ones), where clicking one would adjust your stats accordingly. this would allow for one to quickly see an important change from a different build.

As I mentioned; good start. Look forward to seeing it develop. Good luck with your project.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions.
I'll add a skill tab to display current skills and each skill damage or more information.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]