Diablo® III

Affixes

In addition to new affixes, I would welcome evolutions to existing ones.

Waller: make walls destructible. It is not fun to be locked in the sewers, to be unable to play, to die (also in HC..) because of them. It would be a funnier gameplay mechanic to actually have to decide quickly to either evade the tough situation, or to shoot 2-3 times to destroy the wall. Giving the right amount of HP to the walls is actually the key here.

Same is applicable to:

Arcane Enchanted: as the arcane trait grows, it should be destructible as well, if the player is not fast enough, the trait is there to stay.

Frozen: same again, destroy it, avoid it, or take the damage.

Shielding: well.. need I say it ?

For the new affixes, I would like to see more affixes like Health Link, which I consider as a positive affix with a trade-off. Positive because we can isolate an elite and hurt him real bad before we take care of the rest, the trade-off being that we sacrifice a player to kite the rest of the group.

Give us buffs with constraints.
Edited by Thaoky#2457 on 8/1/2013 8:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
07/30/2013 06:26 PMPosted by Grimiku
What monster and/or item affixes would you like to see in Diablo III?

For monsters (elites)

breserker
- immune to all crowd control effects

revive
- has a 100% chance to come back to life with 50% health and a 50% chance to come back after the 2nd death and this time at 35% health. Each time the mob will drop loot on death (elite drops will still only fall when the whole pack is dead)

life drain
- deal damage to players in the area that are healing. damage equals to 25% of the damage you heal per second.

blood bomb
- rare (yellow) elite only affix
- minions will explode and deal area damage equal to 50% of their maximum life. (same as fallen manics)
Reply Quote
OH GAWD YES!?

08/01/2013 08:30 AMPosted by Spacecookie
I wouldn't mind throwing some arcane sentry's back in their face a few times
Reply Quote
Monster Affix: Sweeping: Melee attacks from monsters do damage in an Arc hitting multiple targets in front of them creating the need to spread mobs out when grouping with others. Ranged attackers projectiles split into 3 ensuring their spread fire is greater. Multiple projectiles from a single mob may only hit hero once however.

Item Affix Volatile: Health globes when picked up explode a small radius of damage around all effected players healed for damage proportional to health globe amount. Using health globes as both healing tools for dire moments and damage boosts when monsters clump.
Reply Quote
I have been thinking about more mundane affixes (like the type that roll on rare items) and one thing I thought was interesting was hybrid affixes (an affix that counts as one but actually gives you two stats), of which some are actually in the game. For instance, you can roll an affix which gives you a random amount of dexterity and a random amount of vitality. What if you could roll attack speed and critical hit chance? Something like 4% ias + 3% crit. Another thing that I liked in D2 was that you could roll crafted items that had guaranteed affixes other than main stats. What if you could craft a ring that had a guaranteed 3% crit affix + 5 random stats? Then you could get a 9% crit ring. Here's an idea I had for crafting class-specific rings:

Barbarian Ring

50 Strength
+2% crit chance
generate fury on crit
+5 random stats

Monk Ring

100 dexterity
+40 to a random resist
spirit regeneration
+5 random stats

Demon Hunter Ring

50 dexterity
+2% crit chance
hatred regeneration
+5 random stats

Wizard Ring

50 intelligence
4-5 apoc
+5 random stats

Witch Doctor Ring

100 intelligence
+20 resist all
mana regeneration
+5 random stats
Reply Quote
Illusionist affixed to the Treasure Imp.

Along with sheilding and damage refelection.
Reply Quote
I would like to see some kind of exploding enemy affix that damages everything nearby when it's killed. I figure it would create a similar situation to treasure goblins where it makes sense to chase and take out a specific enemy first. How interesting would it be if players were put into a situation of deciding whether to chase a treasure goblin, or try to take it out via an exploding enemy if both were in the same place at the same time?
Reply Quote
Well, since you ask - Here is a thread from the EU forums where we collaborated to make an extensive list of interesting monster-affixes. It already got a blue post, but its quite old so its worth taking a look in case you forgot something ;)

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4941226375

In total it ended up with 50 affixes and an option where once in a while a monster rolled 5 affixes along with a positive affix. It should be well worth the read.
Edited by Rasmus#2429 on 8/1/2013 4:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey all,

I posted my ideas on new affixes on diablofans

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/100196-my-take-on-loot-20/

Wizard Affixes

Disintegrate
- add "x" width to beam
- reduce cast cost by "x"
- increase damage by "x%"

Arcane Orb
- increase width of explosion by "x"

Ray of Frost
- add "x" width to beam

Meteor
- increase speed of impact by "x"
- reduce cost of cast by "x"
- increase radius by "x"

Blizzard
- increase radius of blizzard by "x"

These kind of random affixes could be applied to all classes spells to help bring a diversity of i) builds ii) wanted loot.
Edited by Thwomp#1257 on 8/1/2013 6:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
let mystic add pvp gems or ruins
Reply Quote
View profile
2. Festering touch: similar to Swarm of Locusts, % chance on attack to curse/poison the target, which then spreads to surrounding mobs within a certain distance. This affix could also be made to cast any variety of abnormal status effects - chill, freeze, slow, etc. However, those seem like they'd be a little on the OP side because they'd allow for mass crowd control on proc, which is why I suggested poison on hit, as it simply increases damage but not CC abilitiy.

this right here
Reply Quote
It's likely that you would see additional affixes on items and monsters at some point in the future of Diablo III, but it's not likely that you'd see that kind of update on it's own. Special variations are a great way to add content to the game, and make specific monsters or items feel unique. It's also a lot of fun to think about what affixes you'd like to see added to monsters or items, and we're always interested in seeing those ideas.

some that don't strait up break the game when paired with certain others would be nice.
Reply Quote
item affixes:

Additional projectiles ( for example as a DH with hungering arrow, if i have +2 extra projectile affix, i will shoot 3 hungering arrow instead of 1)

Increase effect / spell radius: no explanations needed i believe :D

Also give +elemental dmg some effects, now only cold slow / freeze, ive never understood that...
Reply Quote
Okay... I have to bold this one for all of my Witch Doctors out there.

GRIN REAPER mimics need to deal some damage and cast more spells!

I have been using this helm since the second patch and honestly I love it. I'd love it even more if the mimics just did some damage... not even increasing the base stats on the helm itself.

I'd love to cast mass hallucination and have my two mimics also cast mass hallucination and actually triple the effect... I.E. three huge spirits dealing damage while confusing everything.

Some might say that would be OP but isn't that the whole point of legendary items??

Also...

The Gidbinn's fetishes need to get stacked on top of the two skills that allow you to summon fetishes; so you can have a massive army of minions and really make the Gidbinn a worthwhile weapon choice over your standard Echoing Fury/1H Rare.

Last Breath's 'Slain enemies rest in pieces' needs to work a bit more effectively. I'd love to cast haunt while wearing Last Breath and once that haunt kills an enemy have that next enemy that catches the remains of that haunt cast to gain the increased damage from 'Slain enemies rest in pieces'.

Peace be the journey...

-Uri
Reply Quote
new Itemaffixes
i think its a good feeling when you have endgame gear and you can spam ur abilitys and some classes lack of a good resource regneration such as WD and DH,

Spirit on Crit
Hatred on Crit
Mana on Crit
Fury on Crit

and maybe some affixes that can proc on wizard off hands that make it possible to make it possible to use another skill than ww for cm, meteor is quite nice, but the proc coefficient is too low to keep up with ww, so an affix like, raises the proc coeffizient of meteor instead of reducing its apcost, which has no effect if you look at the apreg an cm wizard has.
Edited by Sydra#1195 on 8/6/2013 4:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It's likely that you would see additional affixes on items and monsters at some point in the future of Diablo III, but it's not likely that you'd see that kind of update on it's own. Special variations are a great way to add content to the game, and make specific monsters or items feel unique. It's also a lot of fun to think about what affixes you'd like to see added to monsters or items, and we're always interested in seeing those ideas.

D3 should take a note from D2 and remove a monster affix from the game with the expac in addition to adding new ones. Iron Maiden was one of D2's most glaring design missteps when it came to monster design and Reflect is no different in D3. The only thing it accomplishes is ruining the flow of battle by forcing you to tediously whittle down an elite pack or outright ignore them if possible.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
07/30/2013 06:54 PMPosted by Exile

Item affixes:

1. Multi-hit: % chance on attack to perform one or maybe two additional attacks. The initial attack could be anything - basic attack, spell, etc. It would be a little tricky to code, since there is no "locked on" target to which the additional attacks could be applied, but I'm confident someone with more vision than myself could devise a solution, perhaps the additional attacks could be AOE on proc?

2. Festering touch: similar to Swarm of Locusts, % chance on attack to curse/poison the target, which then spreads to surrounding mobs within a certain distance. This affix could also be made to cast any variety of abnormal status effects - chill, freeze, slow, etc. However, those seem like they'd be a little on the OP side because they'd allow for mass crowd control on proc, which is why I suggested poison on hit, as it simply increases damage but not CC abilitiy.

3. Prismatic damage: Not so much an affix as a new damage type, prismatic damage would cycle through alternating elements on each hit (e.g. first attack is fire, second frost, third lightning, etc.). However, this would have no real point until elements besides frost are made to actually do something.

Monster affix:

1. Confuse: True, it would serve no real purpose in solo games, but perhaps it could be coded as an affix only in public games. I think it'd be wicked fun to see your most powerful ally turned against you for a few seconds. Was always one of the most entertaining monster abilities in WoW (partially because I enjoyed murdering my friends when they were unwittingly mind-controlled by some mob).

No.. God no.. not that chance for multi hit. On hardcore that'd be a nightmare. Something triple hit you and you just die instantly.
Reply Quote

Can not be frozen.

Can not be frightened.

Can not be jailed.

Can not be knocked back.

I also would like to see items that give you the ability to "shape shift" or "chagne your apperance". Remember the Werwolf helmet in D2? Jup. that was awesome. it has not to be ridiculously overpowered of course, but usefull that you would consider using it. I mean changing the look of your character in a very ferious, grim looking huge beast would be awesome.
Edited by CrniVuk#2227 on 8/6/2013 7:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]