Diablo® III

Rollback Policy Update for all Diablo III Regions

Community Manager
Over the past year, we've made some changes to our account rollback policy for players in the Asia, Americas, and Europe regions. These updates were an added step in protecting the in-game economy from the noted rise of false compromised account claims by players attempting to duplicate items. To date, these policy changes have been effective in helping to reduce the number of duplicated items in the game.

On August 6, we'll be further updating the policy to include a cap on gold and commodities that are restored as part of the process, adding further protections for the game economy.

[What's Changing Starting Tuesday, August 6]

All character equipment (including weapons and armor) restored via the Diablo III rollback service will continue to be bound to the restored account. The restored items cannot be traded with other players or posted on the auction house, but they can still be shared with other characters on the account and sold to merchant NPCs.

Additionally, the below changes to gold and commodities restoration will also occur:

• Gems:
    • Each gem type (Amethyst, Emerald, Ruby,Topaz) up to Perfect Square will be restored up to a total maximum count of 500 of that type (e.g. 500 Flawless Amethysts). Marquise gems will be restored in full, as they are Bind-on-Account. Higher level gems will be restored up to the following limits:
      • Radiant Square – 250
      • Star – 100
      • Flawless Star – 50
      • Perfect Star – 25
      • Radiant Star – 10

• Crafting Materials:
    • Each type of crafting material will be restored up to a total maximum count of 500 (e.g. 500 Subtle Essence).
    • Each type of training material will be restored up to a total of 500 (e.g. 500 Tomes of Blacksmithing).
    • Each type of crafting plan will be restored up to a total of 1 (e.g. 1 plan for Cain’s Fate).

• Gold:
    • Gold restored will be limited to 10 million.

As always we are committed to continuing to monitor the overall health and economy of the game and make additional tweaks if necessary.

[Protecting Your Account]

Considering that the rollback service is intended to help players whose accounts have been compromised, we obviously wish that no one ever needed to use it. The best way to help protect yourself from account compromise is to secure your PC and Battle.net account, for example by adding a Battle.net Authenticator. While no security measure is completely foolproof, we've often found that many accounts are compromised a second time simply because players do not take any action to protect themselves after being compromised the first time.

To learn more about the Battle.net Authenticator and some best practices for securing your PC against viruses and malware, check out the links below.

Reply Quote
Gold:Gold restored will be limited to 10 million.

Yikes.
Imagine a legit billionaires account becoming compromised and all of a sudden...
Edited by thaaad#1762 on 8/1/2013 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yikes.

Imagine a legit billionaires account becoming compromised and all of a sudden...
Gold:
Gold restored will be limited to 10 million.

• Gold:
    [/ul]

I'm sorry, but if you are "rich" and you don't protect yourself accordingly, it's kind of looking for trouble.
    Reply Quote
    I really like what you are doing =)
    Reply Quote
    I think 10 million is kind of low. But well, better 10 than nothing.
    Reply Quote
    These restrictions are ridiculous. Why do you restrict the number of crafting materials if they are cheap? And 10 million is very little considering the ongoing inflation. This number should be 100 million.
    Reply Quote
    View profile
    I like the new changes but would like to address this

after this is applied, you should roll-back all those accounts that were banned on 1.08 because of the gold exploit. These players need to be punished for exploiting this "bug" but it was overall a miss by your company. Instead of banning from the Game they should be rolled back. If they think the game is more than about gold/trade/money then they will continue to play with their rolled back semi-fresh account.
    Reply Quote

• Gold:

Further it emphasizes Blizzard wants you to use RMAH for all funds.
    Reply Quote
    lol 10million gold....JUST LOL
    Reply Quote

• Gold:

Further it emphasizes Blizzard wants you to use RMAH for all funds.

Agreed...
    I'm not even rich.........
    People trade bil of gold like np...
    I have 200m and I think I cant further improve my chars...

I'm glad I never lost anything except, at one point, the a.h. nom nom'd one of my item's transaction. Never saw the gold of it (75m I think). Which was also my biggest. Thought it would come through one day but it never did.
    Reply Quote
    - Diablo III
    View profile
    For the people saying or implying that the lack of full restoration of commodities such as gems and gold is unfair, think about it this way.

If you care about your account, if you care about what you have on the account, be it gear, gold, excess crafting materials and gems, wouldn't you protect it? Much like you would protect things you hold onto in real life? No security measure is 100% foolproof, but just by having a good password supplemented with an authenticator can go far in preventing account compromises. Without a doubt, it'll be much better than having no security measures.

Key words here are: Protect. Your. Account.
    Reply Quote
    Very nice. I would like to be optimistic about the economy in general. Maybe with a new patch or expansion we can have a resurgence of players in this game. If not, just a bit late I think....

Love to see more Blue posts too...
    Edited by TomD#1756 on 8/1/2013 11:14 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Lol 10 million gold max restoration.

50 million gold is going for $1.00. Come on, man. Use your heads, Blizz. As a legitimate user usually having a billion gold at a time, having only 10 million restored is a slap in the face. I'd rather you gave me nothing than insult me with such a petty amount of 20 cents.
    Reply Quote
    More interested in why there has been so much maintenance this week, when there doesnt seem to be any changes in game other than the gold cap. Why was the server down today? Should we be expecting the same amount of downtime over the comming weeks?
    Reply Quote
    10m is a bit too low I think. I'm sure you've gone over this internally, and expected a bit of blow back, but I really think it needs another look.
    Reply Quote
    Hi, Just want make it clear.
    So if I bought say 200 mil in gold what's going to happen with my gold I bought using real money?

Why all the changes?
    When will you resolve items drops in mp8-10?????
    I have over 500% magic find and get 1 item Green or Brown every hour..
    VS mp1-3 (6-7) items per hour?
    What is this.......
    When will an item drop that I don't have......its always the same thing all the time.
    I don't complain much but WFT....( I'm sorry)
    Can someone please give me an answer....
    Please no kids...I'm 36 yrs old.
    thx
    Reply Quote
    85 Human Death Knight
    08/01/2013 10:08 AMPosted by Lylirra
    Radiant Star – 10

08/01/2013 10:08 AMPosted by Lylirra
    Gold restored will be limited to 10 million.
    \

200 mil worth of gems but only 10 mil in gold? makes no sense. And there should be a 10 billion cap if you have an authenticator running at the time of a compromise.

10 mil also makes no sense because that is $0.25 worth of gold lol. At least make it $2 worth. No one is going to fake the nightmare of a hacked account for 2 bucks imo.
    Reply Quote
    Gold:Gold restored will be limited to 10 million.

Yikes.

If someone has billions of gold and no authenticator they were asking to lose it all.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]