Diablo® III

Rollback Policy Update for all Diablo III Regions

08/01/2013 10:55 AMPosted by Mønster
lol 10million gold....JUST LOL

Ultimate gold sink!
Reply Quote
Lol 10 million gold max restoration.

50 million gold is going for $1.00. Come on, man. Use your heads, Blizz. As a legitimate user usually having a billion gold at a time, having only 10 million restored is a slap in the face. I'd rather you gave me nothing than insult me with such a petty amount of 20 cents.

Don't be an idiot, you have to get your account compromised first before all your insults are valid. What? It's as if you're planning to get hacked just make your point.

Protect your account. If it gets compromised and you lost your 'billions', then it's not their fault. It's yours.
Reply Quote
It's like this people can go in together put all the items on one account, best gears and stacks of gems and lots of gold. Let that be recorded as the types of stuff they have in their inventory and then "fake" or allow their account to be "hacked." Then call Blizzard for a rollback on the account and now there is double the items/gold in the game. Before both sets were up for exploits then it was just the one. Now it may be the one but with less of the other items that went along with the rollback. Now we may not have any rollbacks if any.
I think it is good that they are doing something to help legit players or even the players that had to resort to cheating to feel like they could get anywhere in the game. People will now have to think about stuff before they just load up. So you get to buy a lot of gold but now you have to use it. I agree that some of the gold should be increased, but as it is people don't buy items they just keep a big stash of gold. This will also help with the GAH and items that are not being moved and being priced way too high.
Edited by Skunkleaf#1838 on 8/1/2013 12:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/01/2013 12:03 PMPosted by Nickenslice
Radiant Star – 10

Gold restored will be limited to 10 million.
\

200 mil worth of gems but only 10 mil in gold? makes no sense. And there should be a 10 billion cap if you have an authenticator running at the time of a compromise.

10 mil also makes no sense because that is $0.25 worth of gold lol. At least make it $2 worth. No one is going to fake the nightmare of a hacked account for 2 bucks imo.

Exactly, that's the point of doing all this. To prevent false claims of account compromise just to dupe items/gold. Get it?
Reply Quote
This looks like a great way for Blizz to secretly remove gems and gold from the economy.

Oh what's that you had 400 million, that you struggled to get in the dismal rate at which this game doles it out? We're sorry you are only allowed to get back 10 million. I'm sorry you also salvaged 2000 brimstones you'll only be getting back 500, it is in the ToS after all..

I can see the hate posts in the forum now.

I just pray I'm not the poor soul who has a legit need for a roll back.

One would think blizz should have the ability to go in and review your account and see oh looky here you moved 300 radiant stars and 50000 mats to another account yesterday and today you are comprised and asking for a rollback. The fact that either they don't or won't is scary. And I'd say won't since they can obviously only restore what they want to restore.

For the record I've never been compromised...ever...
Edited by AxeLord#1992 on 8/1/2013 12:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
08/01/2013 10:46 AMPosted by vortexwolf
These restrictions are ridiculous. Why do you restrict the number of crafting materials if they are cheap? And 10 million is very little considering the ongoing inflation. This number should be 100 million.

A common duping method is to load an account full of crafting materials, Craft thousands of ilvl 62 weapons, and if you don't get a godly craft out of it they claim the account was hacked and roll the account back to a point before the crafting. Thus recovering all their crafting materials.

This would prevent that from being possible.

IMO this should have been addressed a year ago. I do think that 10 Mil is a bit low when you can buy 50 mil with $1.
Reply Quote

• Gold:
    • Gold restored will be limited to 10 million.
    [/ul]

This is why people think you guys have no idea what's going on in-game. 10 Radiant Star gems of each type (~200 million gold) but only 10 million actual gold? Also, a SINGLE stack of crafting materials?

If you actually know how this game works you should know these ratios are really weird. So either you guys pulled numbers out of a hat or you don't actually know the state of the game economy, neither of which instills confidence.
    Reply Quote

For the record I've never been compromised...ever...

So you're complaining because...?
    Reply Quote
    If you actually know how this game works you should know these ratios are really weird. So either you guys pulled numbers out of a hat or you don't actually know the state of the game economy, neither of which instills confidence.

I vote hat. Wasn't there a video of Jay and some guys sitting on stage answering questions wearing a hat...?
    Reply Quote
    People are abusing the restore policy and so they had to make it more restrictive and somehow its their fault? You are lucky they restore anything at all. Learn 2 secure your account.
    Reply Quote
    Hi, Just want make it clear.
    So if I bought say 200 mil in gold what's going to happen with my gold I bought using real money?

Why all the changes?
    When will you resolve items drops in mp8-10?????
    I have over 500% magic find and get 1 item Green or Brown every hour..
    VS mp1-3 (6-7) items per hour?
    What is this.......
    When will an item drop that I don't have......its always the same thing all the time.
    I don't complain much but WFT....( I'm sorry)
    Can someone please give me an answer....
    Please no kids...I'm 36 yrs old.
    thx
    Reply Quote
    Welp, this is about all that needs to be said.
    Reply Quote
    First off, why can I not report this post as trolling? It seems to be what it is...

I can see what you are trying to do, and it is a good idea, but you should consider a couple things

10 radiant stars spread across an account where a player has five classes decked out in decent gear, is nothing, heck you use over half that just on one character. I believe it should be 10 gems in your stash plus the ones equipped on your characters.

10 mill? lol, thats barely enough to craft ammys after a couple days farming.
    Reply Quote
    I think this is a good change. Know they need to address more of the bot accounts head-on
    Reply Quote
    Gold:
    Gold restored will be limited to 10 million.

im suddenly nervous
    Reply Quote
    08/01/2013 10:08 AMPosted by Lylirra
    As always we are committed to continuing to monitor the overall health and economy of the game and make additional tweaks if necessary.

Do something against bots would be a option, but well... bnet 2.0. is flooded with bots just like d2 on old bnet 1.0

i am thankful
    Reply Quote
    First off, why can I not report this post as trolling? It seems to be what it is...

I can see what you are trying to do, and it is a good idea, but you should consider a couple things

10 radiant stars spread across an account where a player has five classes decked out in decent gear, is nothing, heck you use over half that just on one character. I believe it should be 10 gems in your stash plus the ones equipped on your characters.

10 mill? lol, thats barely enough to craft ammys after a couple days farming.

I was thinking the same thing, then I just figured they meant loose gems not ones socketed in your gear.
    Reply Quote
    As always we are committed to continuing to monitor the overall health and economy of the game and make additional tweaks if necessary.

when i read this all i could say is blizzard obviously has no clue what there doing in this game or the gold cap would have been raised on the gold AH i mean what they make gold .25 for 50m when that change actually takes effect its gonna be pretty hilarious when third party sites undercut blizzard and there like "wow why did we do this LOL" blizz should just get the players that know everything about there class and people who live on the AH to make the game cause clearly blizz isnt very good at working with a economy
    Reply Quote
    All of you complaining about the 10m gold cap are utterly retarded because:

1) 10m costs nothing. Regardless of your opinion of the RMAH, 1 million is getting close to costing 1 penny.

2) Get an authenticator. ITS FREE. Most people with compromised accounts don't use an authenticator. Stupidity is not something Blizzard can help you with, despite their best efforts.

3) The other restrictions seem fair. Who on Earth would have dozen of radiant square gems in their inventory for any extended period of time, other than as an occasional hedge against market fluctuations when new changes (items, etc) are introduced?

4) If you legitimately have billions, why would you have any substantial amount (2b is NOT substantial) sitting around? If you bought gold to trade for a GG item, then trade and be done with it.

5) If you get an authenticator your chances of an account compromise are next to 0.

QQ more cheaters. I welcome this change
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]