Diablo® III

Rollback Policy Update for all Diablo III Regions

LOL you can't even buy an authenticator with ten million. I light ten million gold on fire for fun.

In hindsight, maybe that's why i'm so broke.
Reply Quote
So let me get this straight, it took you are year to figure this all out? That people where cheating with rollbacks? You have allowed people to ruin the game because of your ignorance! I still do not get it? Why would anyone need to rollback an account anyway? If someone steals your account? Just do like "Steam" only let people log in from the IP they always use and where is no hacked accounts.
So now we all get to have the economy already ruined, the game and items are all junk now, the CEO of Diablo 3 should be fired! ....So what does the non cheater player get? No way to upgrade there hero unless you buy a Marquise gem for 80- 100 mil coins and we get 4 stat points? Why punish us? If people are overpowered it is because of YOU letting them cheat! DO NOT CONTINUE YOUR STUPID POLICIES! Let the average player find things and upgrade! If people complain the game is too easy, they are probably a cheater, just ban them! don't punish us! EPIC FAIL
Reply Quote
08/04/2013 09:13 AMPosted by Scorp
Just do like "Steam" only let people log in from the IP they always use and where is no hacked accounts.

If you actually believe that you should do more research on the topic, if a new computer or IP is accessing your Steam account they send you a confirmation code to your email. How do compromisers gain access to your D3 account? They have access to your email!

08/04/2013 09:13 AMPosted by Scorp
So now we all get to have the economy already ruined, the game and items are all junk now, the CEO of Diablo 3 should be fired! ....So what does the non cheater player get? No way to upgrade there hero unless you buy a Marquise gem for 80- 100 mil coins and we get 4 stat points? Why punish us? If people are overpowered it is because of YOU letting them cheat! DO NOT CONTINUE YOUR STUPID POLICIES! Let the average player find things and upgrade! If people complain the game is too easy, they are probably a cheater, just ban them! don't punish us! EPIC FAIL

This is all rambling garbage that doesn't mean a thing so, in a nut shell, don't get compromised and your account is fine. This pretty much eliminates any chances of rollbacks being abused and will filter out players who don't care enough about their accounts to secure anything.
Reply Quote
i dont understand, this applies to every player? if i have 50 m then i will have 10m since the 6th august?
Reply Quote
I just got hacked recently.. Will my items be restored? BOA is fine with me.. I just want my items back
Reply Quote
People complaining about this are dumb as hell. You're lucky they even offer restores at all.

If your account is that valuable, and you didn't take steps to secure it, it's your own fault.
Reply Quote
LOL you can't even buy an authenticator with ten million. I light ten million gold on fire for fun.

In hindsight, maybe that's why i'm so broke.

Authenticator is free for smartphones and Windows OS.
Reply Quote
Gems:

Each gem type (Amethyst, Emerald, Ruby,Topaz) up to Perfect Square will be restored up to a total maximum count of 500 of that type (e.g. 500 Flawless Amethysts). Marquise gems will be restored in full, as they are Bind-on-Account. Higher level gems will be restored up to the following limits:
Radiant Square – 250
Star – 100
Flawless Star – 50
Perfect Star – 25
Radiant Star – 10

Crafting Materials:

Each type of crafting material will be restored up to a total maximum count of 500 (e.g. 500 Subtle Essence).
Each type of training material will be restored up to a total of 500 (e.g. 500 Tomes of Blacksmithing).
Each type of crafting plan will be restored up to a total of 1 (e.g. 1 plan for Cain’s Fate).

Gold:

Gold restored will be limited to 10 million.

I find all these numbers a tad high. Specially the gems.
Reply Quote
whats happening can anyone explain in simple ? :) not enough english to understand that terms.

collecting gems and matariels in stash with that much numbers only ? max buyout will be 10m in the ah ?
Edited by Almighty#2300 on 8/5/2013 3:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

If only banks would work like this...

Actually, PayPal once had a similar policy (it might still have it). If you buy a bunch of stuff, then claim your account was stolen, they will reverse the payment.

I once got ripped off $200 by some kid who did this. Sold him a $200 item, just to have it reversed. That's why you always want a 3rd party over-see a transaction, or even a place like PayPal sides with the account owner. Horribly stupid, but that's how it once was (and could still be).
Reply Quote
Smartphone authenticator is bunk, I had one on my account. Thing stopped working and took me 3 days before someone was able to remove it from my account.
Reply Quote
08/07/2013 07:40 AMPosted by GenTsosChikn
Smartphone authenticator is bunk, I had one on my account. Thing stopped working and took me 3 days before someone was able to remove it from my account.
Yeah, I am sure it was the smartphone authentificator's fault and not your phone's or your lack of a backup plan.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
In the future Gen there is an easy way to fix that without removing the Authenticator.

1. Use the resynch feature from the app menu
2. If that does not work then write down the serial # and restore code. Then delete the app and re-install it. Last, go to the restore menu and enter the serial # and restore code to restore your app.

Doing one or both of those will fix the Mobile app 99% of the time. Further directions on those features can be found in the Mobile Authenticator Troubleshooting page https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-mobile-authenticator-troubleshooting
Reply Quote
This looks like a great way for Blizz to secretly remove gems and gold from the economy.

Oh what's that you had 400 million, that you struggled to get in the dismal rate at which this game doles it out? We're sorry you are only allowed to get back 10 million. I'm sorry you also salvaged 2000 brimstones you'll only be getting back 500, it is in the ToS after all..

I can see the hate posts in the forum now.

I just pray I'm not the poor soul who has a legit need for a roll back.

One would think blizz should have the ability to go in and review your account and see oh looky here you moved 300 radiant stars and 50000 mats to another account yesterday and today you are comprised and asking for a rollback. The fact that either they don't or won't is scary. And I'd say won't since they can obviously only restore what they want to restore.

For the record I've never been compromised...ever...

Wanna know something else? Blizzard doesn't have to do crap. They could just hand you back an empty account and say sorry. The fact that they take the time to fix something that is 100% in the hands of the user is damn decent of them.

200 mil worth of gems but only 10 mil in gold? makes no sense. And there should be a 10 billion cap if you have an authenticator running at the time of a compromise.

Except no accounts having an authenticator have been compromised. Or at least proven to be so. Blizzard has even stated multiple times that the accounts compromised don't have authenticators on them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]