Diablo® III

Shenlong Set

Hiiiiiii people!

I really think that the Shenlong set is awesome and has some kind of balance. I tried to use it a while ago on my EU monk and was not able to do much.

Now I have seen CaptainCarl rocking them and he seems to have success. It brought back the desire to use it but thing is, unless you want to miss out on a lot of DPS (which the set already lack a bit) you won't have LS. I have bought the cheepest amulet and rare ring with LOH I could find with decent DPS (which made me lose a good 20k dps) and tried a run with it on MP8. Thing is, I really don't see how you can stand in arcane/poison/molten stuff with no LS.

I have 640AR, 4700 armor, 2100 LoH and 43k life and I die kinda fast. Is my 2.43APS too low?

I don't know if many of you guys use LoH and/or Shenlong but if you do, a little help on how to survive without the LS? Or should I sacrifice a socket to get LS on one of them?
Reply Quote
I haven't run without LS for quite a while, so I'm not much of an expert on all things LoH, but I don't think you'll be able to tank while standing in elemental pools and relying on LoH as your sole sustain. At the very least, you'll have to crank up those mitigation stats way beyond the commonly accepted averages and even then you may have to move around quite a bit. Playing on high MPs without LS is indeed possible, but it requires high DPS and lots of kiting.

Also, if you intend on persisting with the Shenlong set, you may want to consider getting yourself a Radiance with high LpSS roll - it will nicely complement your Fist of Legend and make things a little easier.
Reply Quote
with my old shen set i ran with a high loh unity ring, loh ammy and 900 loh on the shen..could survive mp10 pretty easily cept for a few mobs..was stuck around 220k dps..finally switch to 6/25/ ls wkl and a rare sword..loving the change but still miss my shens. so around 2k loh makes mp10 doable with shens with a bit of kiting.
Reply Quote
Okay so it's not much possible to tank only with LoH...

I Don't like that mcuh the idea of changing my Radiance since it has a lot of life and dex. I would have to d oa huge overhaul of my gear for it to work again. I'm a little too tight on my stats for now. But at one time or the other a mempo will be great and I'll lose the EHP anyways so might have to prepare for it.
Reply Quote
a bit more ais would help, for some runs i would drop overawe for transgression..i was running around 2.60 ais
Reply Quote
you're build is pretty similar to my shen build..maybe a bit more armor would help..other than that..looks like it should work with some kiting of the annoying packs.might wanna throw serenity in there for those OH SH*T moments
Reply Quote
Examine my monk, it's hybrid build, and I just got to 100k DPS, which it seems for the community a low amount of damage for MP10, but I find it viable still.

http://d3up.com/b/914428/ (data sheet)

I survived with 2700 LoH, then upped it to 3400, and more recently got that up to 4000.

My goal was to maintain my eHP and still keep 100k DPS and that took some gear swapping. I ended up losing capped movement speed for it, but that's fine. I met my milestone.

I can tank through most affixed, what gets rough is a desecrator plague combo, but I can manage for several precious seconds before having to reposition, and when needed I hold down "force stand" and move my cursor to another target to teleport.

I have 5000 armor 970 All Res, trying to up it to 1000 but not finding the armor I need.
If you raise overall mitigation while dropping raw HP, you will be more resilient because your sustain will have to work less to fill keep your health globe filled.

But it is possible to tank with Shens. Add me in game and title the subject "Shenlong" so I know it's not a random friend request and we'll party together. It'd be fun.

Monk Parties are always the best; I had to pleasure of partying with CC and 2 other monks several nights ago. I think 3 of us were Shen users. Epic times my friend.
Reply Quote
@sRank, I added you. Lets try that sometime!
Reply Quote
Just accepted invite, says offline for 20 minutes, can you request friends through the forums? Hrm, interesting.
Reply Quote
View profile
Redeemer your should be fine LOH to run MP10 and to facetank i would up it to about 2500-2900 but your Armor and Life are a bit low. Test this out by using Hard Target, Enchantress and Earth Elemental to inflate those numbers a bit for testing purposes. Add in IAS in as many spots as you can as this helps your LoH tremendously. Also shoot for a litany :D
B
Add me up ill be on this weekend.

Cheers,
CC-
Edited by CaptainCarl#1923 on 8/1/2013 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm a big fan of both the Shenlong and Danetta weapon sets (other classes have them too, but not interested in those classes). Dual wielding in general has always appealed to me, and I enjoy the fact that these weapons are the underdog due to LoH not performing -as- good as LS. However, if you balance your character out correctly, these weapons - along with LoH as well - can shine just as bright as LS.
Reply Quote
Hiiiiiii people!

I really think that the Shenlong set is awesome and has some kind of balance. I tried to use it a while ago on my EU monk and was not able to do much.

Now I have seen CaptainCarl rocking them and he seems to have success. It brought back the desire to use it but thing is, unless you want to miss out on a lot of DPS (which the set already lack a bit) you won't have LS. I have bought the cheepest amulet and rare ring with LOH I could find with decent DPS (which made me lose a good 20k dps) and tried a run with it on MP8. Thing is, I really don't see how you can stand in arcane/poison/molten stuff with no LS.

I have 640AR, 4700 armor, 2100 LoH and 43k life and I die kinda fast. Is my 2.43APS too low?

I don't know if many of you guys use LoH and/or Shenlong but if you do, a little help on how to survive without the LS? Or should I sacrifice a socket to get LS on one of them?

Shenlongs are going to be amazing when we can socket items...there I said it:) I even bought a pair missing sockets but that have everything else a 300K unbuffed monk with dual LS would want:)
Reply Quote
Weapons already having sockets, may still get.... another socket.

2 Sockets Weapons.

Manticore with 3 sockets? O_o
Reply Quote
Wouldn't hold your breath on adding a socket to a weapon that already has a socket. That's probably taking it a bit far. I also wouldn't be surprised if you can't add a socket to an item that has the maximum amount of attributes on it. Also wouldn't be surprised if for example you take weaponry; and can't physical enhance its raw DPS value, but rather only the individual bonus attributes it has on it. IE: IAS, LS, LoH, STR, ect.

However, I am hoping that the Mystic will allow you to enhance attributes within the item, and can be done however many times up to a certain percentage of completion. For example, you can upgrade an attribute to 90% of its full potential. Course it would take an X amount of ingredients and monetary value per incremental upgrade. While also doing so would make said item Account Bound. Since at that point it is mostly for your own benefit, and not to be exploited for future sales.
Reply Quote
I'm still waiting to find my first Relentless Assault.
Reply Quote
I found a Fist of Legend today. It's sitting UNID'd in my stash. Also sitting there with a nice UNID'd Samurai Helmet.
Reply Quote
You should ID it. My FoL s on par with my EF. Not that either is a world-beater.
Reply Quote
I love my shenlong's set. With better gear and a marquise in my fist of legend I could probably hit 160-180k dps and I was lucky enough to get relentless assault with LS. I think I'd have to make big sacrifices in EHP to hit 200k dps with the current set I have tho.
Reply Quote
@ TheRedeemer using swords now. RIP Shenlong set.

Are you finding swords with dual life steal better?

08/02/2013 10:29 PMPosted by RoadRage212
I love my shenlong's set. With better gear and a marquise in my fist of legend I could probably hit 160-180k dps and I was lucky enough to get relentless assault with LS. I think I'd have to make big sacrifices in EHP to hit 200k dps with the current set I have tho.

You have 448,012.64 eHP currently. Upping your DPS to 200k in your current armor stat will result in a glass cannon build. Gotta think about that eHP. Hope itemization and the patch also make eHP something to consider. In hardcore, it's priority.
Reply Quote
@ TheRedeemer using swords now. RIP Shenlong set.

Are you finding swords with dual life steal better?

Yeah I put shenlongs in my stash for now. I don't have the good gear right on to be efficient. But I did not give up, some paragon leveling and maybe gold may bring them back! It's just not efficient for me right now since they require almost a whole different gear up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]