Diablo® III

Shared Paragon Rewards = "Account Paragon"

We don't know enough about the paragon level changes to really make any statements about it, this is purely an idea.

My idea is that each character still has their own individual paragon levels but the inherent bonuses are account-wide and are based on an accumulative "Account Paragon" total. These bonuses will affect each character created within that given league, but each individual character is still capped at P100.
Note: they don't include the main stats character's receive on their journey to P100.

-Account P0 > P100: The existing 300% MF/GF bonuses (now account wide)

-Account P150: +5% Movement Speed, +2 yards to Gold Pickup Radius

-Account P200: +50% MF/GF on top of cap

-Account P250: +5% Movement Speed, +2 yards to Gold Pickup Radius

-Account P300: +50% MF/GF on top of cap

-Account P350: +5% Movement Speed, +2 yards to Gold Pickup Radius

-Account P400: Greatly increased Legendary Drop chance for Bosses/Goblins

-Account P450: +5% Movement Speed, +2 yards to Gold Pickup Radius

-Account P500: +100% MF/GF, +5% Movement Speed, Cosmetic Bonuses

So for a player to get the maximum Account bonus they would need 5 x P100 characters in that given league. This means that players won't feel gimped by playing alts and will rather actually be encouraged to roll numerous characters and level them individually to obtain the Account bonuses.

Full P500 Account bonuses to each character in given league;

• +500% MF/GF
  • +25% Movement Speed
  • +8 yards to Gold Pickup Radius
  • Increased Legendary drop chances from Goblins and Bosses
  • Cosmetic Bonuses

• Edit: As many have pointed out a bonus to Pickup Radius can actually be detrimental to some builds, so I have changed the bonus to Gold Pickup Radius.
    Edited by DamienJohn#1321 on 8/3/2013 6:36 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    That's not bad, actually, although everybody doesn't love Pickup Radius as a bonus -- some players like to be more tactical about their health globe pickups.
    Reply Quote
    08/02/2013 12:39 AMPosted by Waitubold
    That's not bad, actually, although everybody doesn't love Pickup Radius as a bonus -- some players like to be more tactical about their health globe pickups.

That's a great point, I didn't even think about that. So perhaps scratch the pickup radius buff, or maybe just have it apply to gold pickups only?
    Reply Quote
    We don't know enough about the paragon level changes to really make any statements about it, this is purely an idea.

My idea is that each character still has their own individual paragon levels but the inherent bonuses are account-wide and are based on an accumulative "Account Paragon" total. These bonuses will affect each character created within that given league, but each individual character is still capped at P100.

-Account P0 > P100: The existing 300% MF/GF bonuses (now account wide)

-Account P150: +5% Movement Speed, +2 yards to Pickup Radius

-Account P200: +50% MF/GF on top of cap

-Account P250: +5% Movement Speed, +2 yards to Pickup Radius

-Account P300: +50% MF/GF on top of cap

-Account P350: +5% Movement Speed, +2 yards to Pickup Radius

-Account P400: Greatly increased Legendary Drop chance for Bosses/Goblins

-Account P450: +5% Movement Speed, +2 yards to Pickup Radius

-Account P500: +100% MF/GF, +5% Movement Speed, Cosmetic Bonuses

So for a player to get the maximum Account bonus they would need 5 x P100 characters in that given league. This means that players won't feel gimped by playing alts and will rather actually be encouraged to roll numerous characters and level them individually to obtain the Account bonuses.

Full P500 Account bonuses to each character in given league;

• +500% MF/GF
  • +25% Movement Speed
  • +8 yards to Pickup Radius
  • Increased Legendary drop chances from Goblins and Bosses
  • Cosmetic Bonuses

• hehe im gona be happy as hell if this happen lol.
    Reply Quote
    A question:

Does the extra bonuses only affect the characters that are P100 or do all characters, even the level one character, receive these?

The former sounds quite interesting but the latter would be too powerful. You probably explained this well enough but I read OP twice and just wanted some clarification.
    Reply Quote
    I'd settle on the itemization upgrades leading to us not needing to rely so heavily on magic find bonuses...
    Reply Quote
    +25% Movement Speed
    +8 yards to Pickup Radius

both of this means that i dont ever need pickup radius and move speed on my gear. tbh, its great and all but its kinda too OP.
    Reply Quote
    Community Manager
    Feedback on what you'd like to see in a shared Paragon system is very much appreciated, and I encourage everyone to do so if you feel like it. There is a lot of potential in a system like this, and personally, I'm very excited about seeing how the new Paragon system turns out. Here's a couple of example questions you can ask yourself to help get you started.

- Would you like to see shared stats?

- What stats would you like to see shared?
    Reply Quote
    It shouldn't be shared BUT:

- Every 25 paragon levels you get an item that increases the experience you get (this item will be account bound) so you can trade it to your alts and level paragon way faster.

Example:

P25: Tier 1 experience token: + 10% experience
    P50: Tier 2 experience token: + 20% experience
    P75: Tier 3 experience token: + 30% experience
    P100: Tier 4 experience token: + 50% experience

This will help to avoid the terrible and boring 12 acts we have to pass until we finally reach lvl 60. The first time we beat the 4 acts was ok but 2 more times till inferno? Boring...
    Edited by BattleToad#1238 on 8/2/2013 10:16 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    Feedback on what you'd like to see in a shared Paragon system is very much appreciated, and I encourage everyone to do so if you feel like it. There is a lot of potential in a system like this, and personally, I'm very excited about seeing how the new Paragon system turns out. Here's a couple of example questions you can ask yourself to help get you started.

-Aside from Magic Find and Gold find, individual stats should not be shared. (Primary stats)

PLvl should bring new skills/runes or the ability to make existing skills more powerful, more interesting or more unique.
    Reply Quote

-Aside from Magic Find and Gold find, individual stats should not be shared. (Primary stats)

PLvl should bring new skills/runes or the ability to make existing skills more powerful, more interesting or more unique.

+1
    Reply Quote
    I like the idea of shared paragon lvls giving some kind of bonus like what the OP said. We just need some incentive to keep the grind going.
    Reply Quote
    I like the idea of shared paragon lvls giving some kind of bonus like what the OP said. We just need some incentive to keep the grind going.

This!

Giving all characters on an account the current paragon bonuses makes the grinding already done on alts rather pointless,as well as overpowered.I have 9 characters currently at L60,from Paragon 1 to 83 (I get bored grinding away with the same one constantly) but currently paragon leveling IS the endgame!

Unless there are other rewards beyond GF/MF,once I hit 100 on one or more there's not much left to do.
    Reply Quote

I'd like to see some of OP's Ideas incorporated where P levels of all characters are accumulated into an account based P Level with stat bonuses awarded to each character, but it'd be nice if the program applied to any character in your account that was in the process of accumulating P Levels. In other words, the program would apply to all P Level characters, not just P Level 100 characters. If you had characters with P Levels of 25, 37, and 66, with 2 characters that were still leveling or were 60 with no P Levels your 3 existing P Level characters would all receive level 100 bonuses, or if an accelerated system like the one OP suggested was developed, level 128 bonuses.

Some awesome ideas being offered here.
    Reply Quote
    I like this, especially if they ever remove the ridiculous Move Speed cap. I mean - I get why they put a MS cap in place, to encourage players to stick together. But for soloing? It'd be a much welcome change to get rid of it.

My apologies, though.. not trying to hijack your thread. Back on topic. Maybe instead of +2 Pickup Radius, we got some other bonus like +20 All Resistances for a total of +80 at Full Plvl 500. Then again, that's not much of a bonus for someone who's put in the time to level all 5 characters that high who probably already has as much AR as they'll ever need.

Maybe instead... For each character you get to P100, you receive a free trip to the Goblin King's lair... dun dun dun! This can only be done solo, or with 3 other P100's making their trip there at the same time.
    Edited by TheMoj#1726 on 8/2/2013 10:59 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    I don't believe Paragon level should be shared at all. I think it really needs to be reworked though.

If I designed paragon levels, it would be essential for some kind of custimizable character bonus. I would reduce the time it took to reach paragon lvl 100 and each paragon level would add a point. These points could then be used for upgrading what the player wants. Such as STR, DEX, INT, VIT, Gold Find, Magic find, Pick up radius, increased elemental damage of type, block chance, dodge chance, etc. These could be limited by allowing a certain point allocation to each bonus.

Examples
    1 Point into STR would add +10 Str with 10 points allowed.
    1 Point into +Fire Damage would add +5% damage with 5 points allowed.
    1 Point into Crit Damage would add +10% damage with 5 points allowed.
    1 Point into Block chance would add +2% chance with 5 points allowed.

As for the OP idea, I have to say, "HELL NO!". I don't want to be forced to play 5 characters just to maximize the games potiential.
    Reply Quote
    There are a few stats I wouldn't mind seeing shared as part of an account-wide paragon system, because they're stats that everyone finds useful, but don't specifically gear for:
    - +MF
    - +GF
    - +XP%
    - Pickup radius

Some other bonuses that could be added, as long as they were minor (Gives dedicated players an edge, but not to the point where people thought it was necessary). For example, the 3% crit from scoundrel is a nice buff, but it's not so large that it discourages me from playing in groups:
    - run speed
    - small damage reduction %
    - small damage buff such as flat % or crit chance
    Reply Quote

I would def LOVE to see pickup radius + MS shared. However, this would really hurt, Thing of the Deep for WDs. Regardless, I feel that the quality of life of the game would be much more enjoyable overall. Be more mobile, and pickup gold easier - should make picking up gold easier/funnier/better to farm and get your gold up, right?

If you are talking primary stat, I guess Vit and maybe you get to pick one other stat? Maybe players would rather pick strength (as it adds armor), or maybe they want to pick dexterity (to help dodge rates and chances), maybe some people would rather double down on one stat because they just want to be the sickest wizard ever (so you dump all your points into 1 stat such as Intelligence)

Maybe you can pick a % damage bonus to a spell?

There is def a ton of potential in what you could do with the paragon system. It would be cool to choose a buff to a certain spell or rune as well.

Let's make it epic guys
    Reply Quote

I thought it a bit lame idea at first but making 5 level 100 characters is really to much of an esports.

If you are going to do this you could remove the level cap, take the total paragon experience points from all characters and add it all up.

The most obvious reward imho would be addition skill slots and passive slots. At paragon level 100 you take away all of the paragon bonuses and give an extra passive slot. Leveling is just like being paragon level 0 again only you need more experience for level 101 than for level 100.

At paragon level 200 you again loose all of the bonuses including the extra passive slot, and now you get a skill slot!

At level 300 you loose the stat and mf again but now get both the skill and the passive slot.

At level 400 your character is finished. You've played diablo 3 for 10 000 hours, you've been a good boy and get 10 billion gold as well. :P

Another fun idea I had....

Playing different classes could give an experience bonus. For example: If you play a class and get 5 valor stacks you get 5% bonus experience on the other characters for a given duration.

Play the next character and get 5 valor stacks and the remaining 3 get a 10% boost (5% for the first) Play the next one and the remaining 2 get a 15% boost. The 5th and last class you play gets 20% bonus. When you go back to the first it will also get 20% extra.

That way you get to play the most terrible character you have in a useful way. The bonus could last a whole week. No pressure.
    Reply Quote
    Against any of the regular stat point to be account wide. I don't think that new characters should be powerful just because you already have a powerful char. I know that you can just buy a complete set of the AH, but there need to be some things that you have to achieve with dedication and time investment in that character itself.

Same goes for MS. IIRC, there's just one ability that has MS as an offensive component, but it does mean you can drop MS from your gear. There are/probably will be a couple of pieces that are charming just because they offer MS and I find it silly that they have to lose that charm just because you've maxed out a character. Additionally, I find it to be one of those things you have to achieve as well.

Not fond of shared PUR at all. It has a much larger offensive component than MS in this game and I hope that that component will expand. Like I said, I don't like characters to be more powerful just because you already have a couple of powerful one.

I'm all for shared MF/GF. Imo, that would be enough motivation to play more with your alts.
    Edited by Joren#2795 on 8/2/2013 12:05 PM PDT
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]