Diablo® III

Anyone here remember Beast and Revrac?

oh, how I missed that L4N farming group.
Reply Quote
The first time I cleared the game, was with my old legacy Natalya's. I was a glass canon back then, 1 mistake equaled the death. It was so fun, I wish they brought back the 2 discipline regeneration per second.
Reply Quote
@ shndany

Damn your DH is almost naked. Did you sell everything ?

Yes, I sold all her gear. After reaching paragon 100, 808 hours and 0 real buffs in the horizon I decided to sell her gear a couple months ago. I was about to quit the game but decided to re-roll a Wizard. And know I'm having fun again.
I wan't to re-roll a Demon Hunter, maybe when buff to dual wielding comes. Or maybe if I decide to play hardcore. Which I don't think that will happen since my internet connection is horrible. But who knows.

hardcore's the place to be in
Reply Quote

Yes, I sold all her gear. After reaching paragon 100, 808 hours and 0 real buffs in the horizon I decided to sell her gear a couple months ago. I was about to quit the game but decided to re-roll a Wizard. And know I'm having fun again.
I wan't to re-roll a Demon Hunter, maybe when buff to dual wielding comes. Or maybe if I decide to play hardcore. Which I don't think that will happen since my internet connection is horrible. But who knows.

Just wondering, how do you deal with disconnections? Because I know I'll have lots of them lol.
Reply Quote
I guess I will give hardcore a run. I had hoped Blizz would of fixed the DC problem first. Yep I'm going to make it in hardcore just like I did in SC. See you all soon in hardcore. The only real Boss I will have to worry about is DC.
Edited by Natasha#1600 on 8/7/2013 4:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/07/2013 04:55 PMPosted by Natasha
I guess I will give hardcore a run. I had hoped Blizz would of fixed the DC problem first. Yep I'm going to make it in hardcore just like I did in SC. See you all soon in hardcore. The only real Boss I will have to worry about is DC.

DC and rubberbanding killed my dh hc fun. =(

So its back to softcore for me. I find sc a better investment of time and effort. Hehe!

Gratz to beast for getting up there!

And to the rest of the dh old timers, keep the faith!

<3 L4N

=D
Reply Quote

Just wondering, how do you deal with disconnections? Because I know I'll have lots of them lol.

1) Life regen and ehp
2) good party to save your !@# when it happens
Reply Quote
Beast is a god in hc; runs mp10 there like most here in sc can't :o
Still wish I hadn't sold my nats mark for almost every piece of gear I had in hc haha
Edited by Neo#1863 on 8/8/2013 1:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This is a nostalgic thread heh.
Reply Quote
08/08/2013 03:54 AMPosted by Xenophis
This is a nostalgic thread heh.

Indeed, I'm currently posting on the Wizard forums also. It's awesome to see that most forum veterans are there...
So sad to see that a lot of Demon Hunters from back then, the legacy Natalya group have quitted this game or moved on to other classes.
Reply Quote
L4n used for nyan snapshotting. Honestly, its impossible w/o l4n set
Reply Quote
Holy smokes! It's good to see/hear from some familiar faces. Like scud & pewpew mentioned, I'm still hangin' out in Hardcore. To be honest, I was really getting bored in SC (to the point of almost quitting) and so I gave HC a try. I ended up loving it so much, I sold off my SC sets and stayed. I played with friend REVRAC for a bit in HC, but he had some pretty brutal moments, losing 2 nice toons very close to one another (the DH was almost 100!) so he went back to SC for a bit to take a break, but never came back. :(

At first, I had my reservations and doubts about HC as well, just like some of you. I was concerned about D/C's, server instability, etc. I'm going to say this: as long as your internet connection is stable and you've got a computer that can handle the intensive graphics (sometimes) and fast load times, it's really not that bad. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've actually had a full d/c and I've yet to die from a d/c (knock on wood, I really shouldn't have said that :X). However, I'm going to be honest, hardcore mode is extremely different than SC and the biggest tip I can give to those of you looking to come over is...you've got to change your mentality and game play. I'll explain below what I mean...

For me, the goal in SC was to be as efficient as possible and that usually meant playing very aggressively. I would use dps-intensive skills/builds and only had the minimum amount of sustain. This, ineveitably, will lead to deaths. But that's ok in SC. You would just get ressurected and restart and the most you'd lose is a little bit of time. If you die in HC, you lose your time, all your gear and all your progress...it's quite a big deal. This is why you'll see most HC players focus on sustain and eHP - a dead player does no dps. The rush HC gives is addicting and that's part of the fun and allure. There's nothing that gets your adreneline rushing/heart beating like running into a double/triple pack in the Vault of the Assassin on mp8+~!

The Demon Hunter will always have a special place in my heart and is, still, probably one of my favorite classes. However, as much as I love them, they need some working on from the developers. In terms of PvP, they are top notch, but for PvE, they are a bit lacking, IMO. You can make them work in HC, but they just require a bit more care...which isn't necessarily a bad thing I guess. One day, I'll build another DH, but for now, I'm having too much fun with the other classes. :D

tl;dr - Hardcore is the place to be :)
Reply Quote
@Beast

Good to see you still logging in.

Haha, as I stated to you before in a PM, I really wish I started playing on HC from day 1 with my DH... As you know I've always been a tank DH, and I know for a fact that it would have been a nice toon for HC. I just don't have the time to invest in creating another toon these days, unfortunately. Due to it being a SC DH, people almost shun the way I've built it. Meh.
Reply Quote
@Beast

It's nice to see you around here~ Back then you were like a god to me, through your posts and comments I've learned a lot about this class, this game and balance between DPS + EHP. And I'm very grateful for all the direct/indirect advice that you gave me.
And I never understood why you quitted the DH just before hitting paragon 100. Your quitting was a huge loss for this community.
Anyway it's nice to see you around here :)

@Xenophis

That's not true at all, you were and you're a very respected player. Your tank DH is awesome, and I think that it's great that you didn't give up on your style.
Reply Quote
@dany

Thanks for the kind words. And as long as I'm logging into Diablo, my DH is going to stay a tank. Nothing will change that, heh.
Reply Quote
Long time no see. If you re-roll, come to HC. I can give you a starter set if you would like to try it out. Beast is correct, HC is the place to be. When you survive a tough encounter, huge adrenaline rush.
Reply Quote
calcstud the necromancer
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]