Diablo® III

Save game and trophy transfer between PS3/PS4

So I saw that multiplayer will be localized to PC, XBOX360, and PS3. They do not mention anything about the PS4, or if you can cross play between PS3 and PS4, not sure why you wouldn't be able to.

This leads into my main questions:

1. Save games will not transfer between PC and XBOX 360/PS3. What about transferring save games between PS3 and PS4?

2. If I play Diablo 3 on PS3 and then later on PS4, will by trophies transfer over, or will it be like how the PS3 and Vita have different sets of trophies for certain games (Metal Gear Solid HD Collection). They probably won't transfer over, but still an interesting question.

I bring this up because I'd like to start playing Diablo 3 on my PS3, and then when the PS4 comes out, continue my progress on that. I already have a PS4 preordered, but am not sure when Diablo 3 is coming out on PS4.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
So I saw that multiplayer will be localized to PC, XBOX360, and PS3. They do not mention anything about the PS4, or if you can cross play between PS3 and PS4, not sure why you wouldn't be able to.

1. Save games will not transfer between PC and XBOX 360/PS3. What about transferring save games between PS3 and PS4?

2. If I play Diablo 3 on PS3 and then later on PS4, will by trophies transfer over, or will it be like how the PS3 and Vita have different sets of trophies for certain games (Metal Gear Solid HD Collection). They probably won't transfer over, but still an interesting question.

I bring this up because I'd like to start playing Diablo 3 on my PS3, and then when the PS4 comes out, continue my progress on that. I already have a PS4 preordered, but am not sure when Diablo 3 is coming out on PS4.

We're still looking at the best way to utilize the features offered on the PS4, and the answers to your questions depend on how we do that. These are some great questions, though, and we plan on answering them as soon as we're able to.
Reply Quote

Sony announced that your PS3 "PSN" account will be the same as your PS4 "PSN" account (which would be what saves/holds your trophies etc). So assuming you use the same PSN account to play the game on both consoles, the account info will remain.
Reply Quote
how are players going to get the future game patches if they bought console copies?
Reply Quote
08/07/2013 05:30 PMPosted by MisterAjikko
how are players going to get the future game patches if they bought console copies?

I don't have Ps3 but my kids have Minecraft on Xbox and they get downloaded updates all the time?
that game was also bought online and downloaded.
Reply Quote

We're still looking at the best way to utilize the features offered on the PS4, and the answers to your questions depend on how we do that. These are some great questions, though, and we plan on answering them as soon as we're able to.

I check back in for a day and see the responses havent changed at all. Still we wil answer your questions as soon as possible. SO basically a day before it gets implemented
Reply Quote

I check back in for a day and see the responses havent changed at all. Still we wil answer your questions as soon as possible. SO basically a day before it gets implemented

How can you answer a question without knowing the answer?

You can't just develop something in 5 minutes.

You people are so demanding! =D
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
08/07/2013 05:30 PMPosted by MisterAjikko

Blizzard have confirmed they are working with Sony and Microsoft to bring out patches via the consoles online networks. It won't be at the same time as PC patches and somethings will change I'm sure as things are different between versions but patching will just be done via the PSN/Xbox live.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Mage
to the forrum manager i'am curious about the levelling cap on the ps3 version if you know anything soon please share
Reply Quote
It's the same, level 60 and 100 levels of Paragon.
Reply Quote
08/07/2013 02:47 PMPosted by Grimiku

How about fixing the PC version first? Who really cares about console anyways? No wonder the game is a total failure. Seems like you guys have your priorities all messed up...
Reply Quote
08/08/2013 11:13 PMPosted by Moe

How about fixing the PC version first? Who really cares about console anyways? No wonder the game is a total failure. Seems like you guys have your priorities all messed up...

How about stop being an !@# hole all your life?

How about they have a console team dedicated to the console and a PC team dedicted to fixing the PC version?

You need to put down a little respect boy.
Reply Quote
08/09/2013 07:01 AMPosted by Zombie

How about stop being an !@# hole all your life?

How about they have a console team dedicated to the console and a PC team dedicted to fixing the PC version?

You need to put down a little respect boy.

They say they have different teams. Truth is we don't know. Matter of fact, we have no clue what they are doing at all. We ONLY know that nothing for PC is scheduled for months. Not even any 'ask the devs'. Personally I think they have transferred the entire team to rushing out/polishing the console versions; which is respectable, but it'd be nice for a confirmation of what the inferno is actually going on with our next patch. The most we have is the devs saying "great theory crafting guys, keep it up!"
Reply Quote
@Moe:
I think your concerns are certainly valid, and I share a lot of the same feelings of disappointment about the PC version of D3. On the other hand, though, you're a lot more likely to have a constructive impact if you speak to your audience. Slapping somebody in the face is not a great way to incite a positive change. =)

This is a thread about D3 on the PS3/PS4, and I don't want to keep the tangential conversation going. I do have another relevant question, though...

Is there any possibility of PS3/PS4 cross-platform multiplayer? I know that PS4 multiplayer access will be contingent upon Plus membership, but I don't know how far that carries--whether the underlying servers are still connected or if it's a separate PSN (in the same way that WC3 and WoW are unlinked).
Reply Quote
2. [...] I bring this up because I'd like to start playing Diablo 3 on my PS3, and then when the PS4 comes out, continue my progress on that. I already have a PS4 preordered, but am not sure when Diablo 3 is coming out on PS4.
Any update on that question?

I am thinking about getting DIII for PS3. That decision would be much easier if I would know whether the PS3 savegame is transferable to the PS4 version of the game.

Probably many people have the same question and waiting due to that with their purchase decision --> a clarification would be in Blizzard´s interest.
Reply Quote
Bump... Any updates to this Blizzard??? I would love to buy your console game for the Xbox 360... assuming you're releasing it for the Xbox One and saves will transfer over....
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 is a PS4 next gen Exclusive.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]