Diablo® III

Free Set Building Corner [FULL]

- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Been having it with playing so I'm taking a break and doing this for free. Feel free to post here for questions or if you want me to build you a set.

Most of my clients give me the gold straight up so they can enjoy their time grinding away while I look blankly into my computer finding deals. @_@ But I prefer it much this way because this beats the difference in timezone and activity level.

I always strive for striking that perfect balance between DPS and eHP. The 5/5/5 principle not unless the client wants to have it otherwise. I can pretty much build you anything except for TR inspired monks. I haven't tried it personally. =(

You can also find me here with the people I've already helped. =) You can also posts questions there.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9572937222

Important!!!:

Please post here first if you want some advice or service. I want to have a copy of your battletag for future reference. :) Don't shoot me a blind invite without posting here. Thanks! :)

I will update the status of this post to reflect the workload I have:

[Available] = Taking in requests
[Building] = Too many requests and I'm trying to cope

Basic Set Building Principles:
1. Use d3 stat calculators. There's a lot. I personally use www.d3up.com
2. The targets at paragon 100 are as follows.
a. Defensively: 500 All Resist / 5,000 Armor / 50,000 Life / 500,000 eHP
b. Offensively: 50 IAS / 50 CC / 500 CD / 200,000 DPS
3. You get some affixes cheaper on some item slots compared to others.
4. You should always build your items depending on the type of monk you want to be. (Nirvana / Cookie-cutter / TR)
5. Farming mp10 is nice but don't force it if your gear is not ready for it. Dying is not efficient.
6. While getting to the 200k DPS mark is nice, you can't really do damage when you're dead so balance it out with eHP.
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 9/26/2013 1:57 AM PDT
I'd like to use your service tonight! Add me in game and I'll give you gold/discuss the needs :)
ill vouch for him. hes a nice guy and has helped me out a ton moderating and giving helpful advice in my thread. if your looking for a gearing service he has a very balanced monk and has some very helpful input into stat allocation and gearing on a budget.
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
08/08/2013 07:22 AMPosted by TheRedeemer
I'd like to use your service tonight! Add me in game and I'll give you gold/discuss the needs :)

talk to you later. :)
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
08/08/2013 07:28 AMPosted by pwnmatt
ill vouch for him. hes a nice guy and has helped me out a ton moderating and giving helpful advice in my thread. if your looking for a gearing service he has a very balanced monk and has some very helpful input into stat allocation and gearing on a budget.

thanks for the vouch! :)
Actually, I'll save that for later! I'll try to work on it a bit again and come to you for advice!
Edited by TheRedeemer#1573 on 8/8/2013 4:53 PM PDT
i can vouch for AlphaShift also, He built a set of gear for me told me ahead of time where I would be able to play [mp 7} After struggling at mp3 for long time it is like a whole new game for me. Also gave me lots of helpful advice and took me on some runs. Also did a very nice thing for my son. He is what the community should be.
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
08/08/2013 03:30 PMPosted by TheRedeemer
Actually, I'll save that for later! I'll try to work on it a bit again and come to you for advice!

anytime. :)
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
08/08/2013 05:07 PMPosted by Cujoeg
i can vouch for AlphaShift also, He built a set of gear for me told me ahead of time where I would be able to play [mp 7} After struggling at mp3 for long time it is like a whole new game for me. Also gave me lots of helpful advice and took me on some runs. Also did a very nice thing for my son. He is what the community should be.

thanks for the vouch cujoeg. :) lets run again sometime. :)
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Just finished building another set. :)
08/08/2013 05:58 PMPosted by AlphaShift14

anytime. :)

I looked a lot on the AH for upgrades yesterday and even with no budget limit, I cannot find any piece of gear that can give me enough DPS boost without getting me under 500k EHP. I have pretty much the 5/5/5 and I even resigned to a (low) CC mempo which gave me 6k more DPS without much EHP loss (only 4k life actually).

I think I mostly need to craft.

But if you ever stumble on a good upgrade (at least 7-8k DPS without sacrificing much EHP) for me, not over 2b, I wanna hear it. And get it!

hi could i get a gear check please! thanks (:
I'd like a bit of help. Adding you :)
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
08/09/2013 08:40 PMPosted by soonkiat
hi could i get a gear check please! thanks (:

After hitting p100 you get 195k dps and 609k eHP. Congrats! =)

Covered all basis with all res, hp and armor. I see you're using OWE. Improve your chest with dex, ditch the fire res there as you can sustain the drop. Get as close to the vit you have now and ias. If you want to maintain your skorn, i'm not really sure with the skorn build but i aim for 45%ias, 500%cd and and 51%cc. So you can strive for those. The cd from the amu could use some improvement as well. You can shed like 300 armor. CD on gloves could help as well. I suggest getting the trifecta there with resist the only thing you need there for eHP.

Maximize your gems to radiants first at least you'll use them through out your journey. That will also net you the 200k dps mark without really buying anything.
hi!!!
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
08/09/2013 09:45 PMPosted by myfataltouch
hi!!!

hello, very solid build IMHO. Much better than mine. Full plevels and marq gems and youll be 300kdps worth. Just ride the breeze now and p levels will help you with the eHP and survive. :)
View profile
I'll give alpha a vouch very good monk to have on friends list
If you're still doing sets / build help, i would be interested in some assistance with a quite fresh Monk, I do have some pieces but they were just bits I found and stashed.
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
08/09/2013 10:53 PMPosted by BladeMaster
I'll give alpha a vouch very good monk to have on friends list

hey thanks BM! I owe it all to you and Silver32. :)
- Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
08/10/2013 06:04 AMPosted by Dextorb
If you're still doing sets / build help, i would be interested in some assistance with a quite fresh Monk, I do have some pieces but they were just bits I found and stashed.

Currently doing set for Dextorb. :)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]