Diablo® III

Free Set Building Corner [FULL]

MVP
View profile
The other forums don't GET you like I do Rit.

We have been here since the beginning and I say you sip all the damn coffee you want!

<3

We have been here since the beginning and I say you sip all the damn coffee you want!

<3

/hat tip

/sips coffee
Would love it if you would build me a set, im just getting back into the game and could use all the help you can give. ill add you in game, and when youre not busy let me know some how, i probobly wont be playing much untill you help me out. Thanks
I am looking to sway away from the Tempest Rush spec so I can do ubers and party play. I don;t know much about gearing or how much money I need.
But i have 50mil and I just want to be able to do mp5-6.

Let me know if you can help please and thanks.
I'm fairly new to the Monk, I play on MP5 alot just because I enjoy not dying. Looking to see what you think I should be focusing on for upgrades. Thanks!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/derp-1948/hero/29401687
Edited by derp#1948 on 9/5/2013 7:57 PM PDT
MVP
View profile
Ritalynn

Hello!

http://d3up.com/b/525843/ritalynn

Currently i'm doing cookie cutter runs, with a new skorn i got, thought i got a fairly good deal on it for how much crit damage/lifesteal/socket it had 450m. Might be trying to sell it to get some 1 handers but i'm enjoying the melting during essence farming!

I just recently changed from a cold OWE monk to arcane, so i know that i'm in need of shoulders/bracers to makeup for the resist, i'm now lacking (since it's still cold on those pieces).

I'd like to higher my dps, EHP, and definitely my max health.

Currently dropping my chest for innas, to get a mempho is an option but my chest gives such high armor /resist it's been fairly hard to replace.

My budget is currently 1.3billion, I've been so stingy with gold and afraid to upgrade.

Typically farming MP10 with my barb friends, I run bells, with my 2hander or sometimes some dual lifesteal 1 handers.

Solo I essence farm mp7-8 for essences quickly doing VoTA.

I'd appreciate any input you have on gearing,crafting for more damage/effective hp.

/gross I forgot to change guardians path with my scorn equipped, i could have so much more damage ahhh.

Hey there. First thing you need to do is to finish with the switch that way we can see what affixes can be freed up. I'm curious why switch res why you can go OWE free? Just a thought but anyhoo, since your life is too low. Get vit on your boots (min 80vit / 75ar [80 would be sweet] / as high dex as possible). Try to get a 90+dex / 150vit+ pants because once you get the other gears in sync with arcane the all res on the pants are not needed anymore. Or an alternative is 90dex-70-ar (prefer 95-75) inna's pants.For the helm since it's only 30arcane res you can drop that and look for a double vit roll. And then of course you need to match the shoulders and bracers to arcane with almost nice rolls like those (again why the switch? T_T). Then I guess you can do the ammy and nats ring. Try to squeeze in more DPS on those slots. Lastly try to find a wh belt with almost the same roll but min 80dex/130vit (prefer 150) with or without arcane (just a sweet bonus) what you can try to look for is %life on the belt if there's a cheap one posted ( you might need to lower vit requirement to 100 if you add %life affix).
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 9/6/2013 3:50 AM PDT
MVP
View profile
09/05/2013 10:34 AMPosted by Druin
Hello!

/sips coffee

Hey druin. I'm honored to see your post on my thread. :)
MVP
View profile
09/05/2013 02:21 PMPosted by dypfla01
Would love it if you would build me a set, im just getting back into the game and could use all the help you can give. ill add you in game, and when youre not busy let me know some how, i probobly wont be playing much untill you help me out. Thanks

I accepted you already. :)
MVP
View profile
Bewbilicious

I am looking to sway away from the Tempest Rush spec so I can do ubers and party play. I don;t know much about gearing or how much money I need.
But i have 50mil and I just want to be able to do mp5-6.

Let me know if you can help please and thanks.

That's the thing with TR spec. You REALLY need to avoid ias which makes other builds viable. 50m might not be enough. 200m - 300m would be a nice budget since you have equips we can use. And of course I think there would still be a lot of change with the 200-300 budget.
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 9/6/2013 4:01 AM PDT
MVP
View profile
09/05/2013 07:54 PMPosted by derp
I'm fairly new to the Monk, I play on MP5 alot just because I enjoy not dying. Looking to see what you think I should be focusing on for upgrades. Thanks!

Looking pretty solid IMO can handle mp7? How much all res do you have with OWE?
MVP
View profile
09/05/2013 02:44 AMPosted by gooofish
Added you ulit... :)

You're set is difficult to upgrade. >_< Perfect balance already in my opinion. Gear that you can upgrade are higher dex on the shoes. Higher dex on the gloves you dont need to worry about the vit you'll lose cause plevels will get those back. And then finally the jewelry you have. Go for the trifecta or quadfecta. :) It's 140 poi res though. What you can do to accomodate is get res on your pants. And then on one of the jewelries put res and/or vit. You have about 5k life to spare and 40 res points that you can let go at paragon 100 for DPS.
bro if i got 500m for budget the monk can go for which mp of inferno?
Ritalynn

Hello!

http://d3up.com/b/525843/ritalynn

Currently i'm doing cookie cutter runs, with a new skorn i got, thought i got a fairly good deal on it for how much crit damage/lifesteal/socket it had 450m. Might be trying to sell it to get some 1 handers but i'm enjoying the melting during essence farming!

I just recently changed from a cold OWE monk to arcane, so i know that i'm in need of shoulders/bracers to makeup for the resist, i'm now lacking (since it's still cold on those pieces).

I'd like to higher my dps, EHP, and definitely my max health.

Currently dropping my chest for innas, to get a mempho is an option but my chest gives such high armor /resist it's been fairly hard to replace.

My budget is currently 1.3billion, I've been so stingy with gold and afraid to upgrade.

Typically farming MP10 with my barb friends, I run bells, with my 2hander or sometimes some dual lifesteal 1 handers.

Solo I essence farm mp7-8 for essences quickly doing VoTA.

I'd appreciate any input you have on gearing,crafting for more damage/effective hp.

/gross I forgot to change guardians path with my scorn equipped, i could have so much more damage ahhh.

Hey there. First thing you need to do is to finish with the switch that way we can see what affixes can be freed up. I'm curious why switch res why you can go OWE free? Just a thought but anyhoo, since your life is too low. Get vit on your boots (min 80vit / 75ar [80 would be sweet] / as high dex as possible). Try to get a 90+dex / 150vit+ pants because once you get the other gears in sync with arcane the all res on the pants are not needed anymore. Or an alternative is 90dex-70-ar (prefer 95-75) inna's pants.For the helm since it's only 30arcane res you can drop that and look for a double vit roll. And then of course you need to match the shoulders and bracers to arcane with almost nice rolls like those (again why the switch? T_T). Then I guess you can do the ammy and nats ring. Try to squeeze in more DPS on those slots. Lastly try to find a wh belt with almost the same roll but min 80dex/130vit (prefer 150) with or without arcane (just a sweet bonus) what you can try to look for is %life on the belt if there's a cheap one posted ( you might need to lower vit requirement to 100 if you add %life affix).

Recently crafting a lot of arcane, BoP gear that was much better than my cold gear, so i have both sets still i'm just going with arcane now vs cold and making the change due to the huge increase in damage. If i could i'd love to just be able to drop OWE but the gear required for that is just much to far off budget.

I guess mostly i'm afraid of spending the 1.3bil lol, I hate being cheap but i have to, to survive and upgrade I guess.
MVP
View profile
Recently crafting a lot of arcane, BoP gear that was much better than my cold gear, so i have both sets still i'm just going with arcane now vs cold and making the change due to the huge increase in damage. If i could i'd love to just be able to drop OWE but the gear required for that is just much to far off budget.

I guess mostly i'm afraid of spending the 1.3bil lol, I hate being cheap but i have to, to survive and upgrade I guess.

Well I think if you earn them you got to spend them. But yeah the prices are really steep with OWE free. But I think sniping some items off and putting all res on the right item slots could greatly free it off. How's the hunt doing?

P.S BoP stands for? Sorry.
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 9/7/2013 3:39 AM PDT

Well I think if you earn them you got to spend them. But yeah the prices are really steep with OWE free. But I think sniping some items off and putting all res on the right item slots could greatly free it off. How's the hunt doing?

P.S BoP stands for? Sorry.

Oh BoP was for Bind on Pickup, aka crafted gear.

Well i've found some decent legs so far, and decided to step back into my 1handers, my dps lowered but my dual lifesteal is much better.for surviving.

I'm now pushing 53k hp, hunting for a good innas chest/helm (potentially a mempho) with enough of a change to keep me happy.

I've also been dabbling in looking into new weapons, possibly a really nice butcher sickle/echoing/won kim. Upgrading nats boots within a decent price range is yielding a round a 3k+ dps 3-4k+ hp change. I've also taken to looking at some good Witching Hours which i have a few bids on.

At this point, I must really buckle down and farm essences and try to pump out some good bracers/shoulders to see if i can't bump my resist over 700 again.
Hey, I'm wondering what my next upgrade should be?
09/07/2013 08:09 AMPosted by SERPENT

Resolve is pretty awful, you should really be using, Seize the initiative.
Thanks, made that change
MVP
View profile
Ritalynn

Oh BoP was for Bind on Pickup, aka crafted gear.

Well i've found some decent legs so far, and decided to step back into my 1handers, my dps lowered but my dual lifesteal is much better.for surviving.

I'm now pushing 53k hp, hunting for a good innas chest/helm (potentially a mempho) with enough of a change to keep me happy.

I've also been dabbling in looking into new weapons, possibly a really nice butcher sickle/echoing/won kim. Upgrading nats boots within a decent price range is yielding a round a 3k+ dps 3-4k+ hp change. I've also taken to looking at some good Witching Hours which i have a few bids on.

At this point, I must really buckle down and farm essences and try to pump out some good bracers/shoulders to see if i can't bump my resist over 700 again.

Feels like you're trying to go for multiple stuff in one go. The skorn you mentioned earlier is really sweet. I think you need to decide which weapon style you want to use. The 15% ias bonus for DW is really big, that it can affect the foundation of your gearing. Skorn would need more ias to utilize its LS efficiently while DWs need more dps. I'll be having my day off from work maybe we can talk in depth in game.
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 9/7/2013 3:07 PM PDT
MVP
View profile
09/07/2013 08:09 AMPosted by SERPENT

Ill chek you up when I get home.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]