Diablo® III

Free Set Building Corner [FULL]

Thank you AlphaShift14. I really appreciate you taking the time to check over my monk.
Now armed with your advice, I know where to focus.

Darph.
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Thank you AlphaShift14. I really appreciate you taking the time to check over my monk.
Now armed with your advice, I know where to focus.

Darph.

Pleasure is all mine. :)
@ alphashift

Really nice of u do this for the community. Will appreciate if you can look over my gear and provide some input. :)

Am looking for a dps solution without cutting my ehp. Been crafting but no luck yet.

Will be gd to have a veteran look my monk over and focus on the weakest links to focus on.

Thanks a lot!
Curious to see what advice you could give me to help improve.

Goals, currently, are to do 200k DPS and hit MP10 a bit faster than I'm currently doing it while keeping 4 Inna set bonus.

I know Amulet is a low point right now and could improve on glove and bracer. Haven't found good craft/AH buy yet on those after upgrading other pieces.

Currently key/xp/item farm at MP7 for decent speed and can jump to MP9 for a cut in speed but for pretty much for sure key drop.

Any suggestions? Let me know here or add me in game if you want, I'm usually on for a bit most nights.
08/12/2013 02:09 AMPosted by AlphaShift14
another good thread :)

Thank you kreyzie. How is everything going? :)

building another set... having hard time finding items ..
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
@ alphashift

Really nice of u do this for the community. Will appreciate if you can look over my gear and provide some input. :)

Am looking for a dps solution without cutting my ehp. Been crafting but no luck yet.

Will be gd to have a veteran look my monk over and focus on the weakest links to focus on.

Thanks a lot!

Let's target p100 since your items are almost end game. I do remember giving you an advice to marquise everything up. :P And after you do that on p100, you get 646eHP, 57k life, 589resist, 5.5k armor so good all around numbers defensively. Offesively its 238k dps, 58ias, 50cc, 539 cd. If you want to reach 300k dps i think you need to sacrifice some of your EHP. The increase in DPS you will do will balance out the increase output you will get from LS. Most of the 300k dps monk I see are barely on the 500k eHP mark. they just try to hit the basic corners of 50klife,500res,5k armor. Aside from gear perfection on rolls, try getting a cd/os EF. Try to simulate that if it gives you a big boost. If I had your gear I'd be happy already. =P So much better than mine. :P
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile

Goals, currently, are to do 200k DPS and hit MP10 a bit faster than I'm currently doing it while keeping 4 Inna set bonus.

I know Amulet is a low point right now and could improve on glove and bracer. Haven't found good craft/AH buy yet on those after upgrading other pieces.

Currently key/xp/item farm at MP7 for decent speed and can jump to MP9 for a cut in speed but for pretty much for sure key drop.

Any suggestions? Let me know here or add me in game if you want, I'm usually on for a bit most nights.

Given the parameters you have you can also try to look for a better helm somewhere with a big boost on vit first. OR find something with above that can upgrade the dex as well. after doing that you can free up multiple affixes on items like you can do without he life% on the amu and focus on dps. Why do you have combination strike if you only have 1 spirit generator? If you want to add a new one, WotHF:BF or DR:FS would be the best bet.You can shed an item with armor roll too. :)

Given the parameters you have you can also try to look for a better helm somewhere with a big boost on vit first. OR find something with above that can upgrade the dex as well. after doing that you can free up multiple affixes on items like you can do without he life% on the amu and focus on dps. Why do you have combination strike if you only have 1 spirit generator? If you want to add a new one, WotHF:BF or DR:FS would be the best bet.You can shed an item with armor roll too. :)

Despite only using 1 spirit generator, Combination Strike will still provide the bonus. So it's a flat 8% DPS bonus for as long as I attack. Not a huge DPS increase but anything is better than nothing. That and I find a lot of the other passives not too interesting.

Ended up rolling a slightly better dps bracer without a huge loss to EHP last night so I know crafting DOES work but will take awhile. Will search for a new helm sometime to see what's out there but I do like at least 1 item to have some pickup range as I find it helps.
@ thanks alpha! Will work towards that.

You are as good as they get!
I'd love your advice. Recently getting back into the game after a nine month break. I know the boots and inna's pieces need to be upgraded along with HP.

Let me know what you think
AlphaShift,
I can use some help with my Fists of Thunder ..
I'm more defensive gear on but have offensive skills..

Thanks

Zcube3

While the EF and WKL are both nice I think it never really is advised. You can start off with your pants. You're armor is too high, you can shed off 700. Get a high dex/vit inna pants. Since you already have double LS (assuming you won't change your weapons in the future..) You don't really need LPSS in your helm. You can try to get a high vit inna helm there as well with all 70+ all res. Now this will make up for the AR you lose when you swap out your belt. Get a WH so you can boost your DPS (there are cheap ones already, preferably with vit. you can even go high vit here and 50dex).

Now for the long run. Your amu and bracer are good but you need dex stats in both. Nats set combo is also very nice cause of the cc bonus. You might want to consider swapping out the SOJ. The % dps you get is not significant because of your low total dps.

AlphaShift,
added Nats combo..changed to 570 ar and 5300 armor.
i feel it takes me 8 sec to kill Elites now without my soj @mp5 instead of like 5 sec with..Ill have to do more testing..My damage with buffs (3 sec) 360K now , about 210K before..

Should I be LVLing @ MP5 or MP7 (quickest to p100).?

I got a cool helm if u wanna check it out..
Thanks again for your help..
Edited by zcube3#1614 on 8/16/2013 2:45 PM PDT
Hey Alphashift,
I currently have a 100 mil budget left, wondering what best areas to improve, I just started rebuilding my monk , I know I could have much better weapons but from the times I remember I could not crack anywhere close to 140k dps or more, looking for 180k dps and up , not sure if its possible with 100 mil but any tips appreciated, Thanks

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/milendra63-1637/hero/1263630
Hey alpha. I have the gold for my set but decided to up it to 1.5b to give you more wiggle room. I'm headed to work for thw next 18 hours. Whens a good time for you ?
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Uncas

I'd love your advice. Recently getting back into the game after a nine month break. I know the boots and inna's pieces need to be upgraded along with HP.

Let me know what you think

First you need to have a solid goal. Is it 200k dps and 500keHP? Then if that's your goal, even if you can't upgrade all your items you should upgrade towards that path. The end game targets are 5k armor, 50k life anf 500k eHP. that's the minimum for mp10. You can upgrade whichever gear you see fit. But personally I would recommend you getting pieces that has 50+ your resist doubled with 70+all res, getting these 2 as high as possible on an item can free up some affixes you may need for other items.
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 8/17/2013 3:25 PM PDT
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Zcube

AlphaShift,
added Nats combo..changed to 570 ar and 5300 armor.
i feel it takes me 8 sec to kill Elites now without my soj @mp5 instead of like 5 sec with..Ill have to do more testing..My damage with buffs (3 sec) 360K now , about 210K before..

Should I be LVLing @ MP5 or MP7 (quickest to p100).?

I got a cool helm if u wanna check it out..
Thanks again for your help..

VERY nice helm in my opinion. :) Replace your belt with a witching hour. Preferably life oriented and when you hit 40k-45k life I suggest the quickest way to paragon 100 is mp9 and mp10 with a party. :)
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 8/17/2013 3:32 PM PDT
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Milendra

Hey Alphashift,
I currently have a 100 mil budget left, wondering what best areas to improve, I just started rebuilding my monk , I know I could have much better weapons but from the times I remember I could not crack anywhere close to 140k dps or more, looking for 180k dps and up , not sure if its possible with 100 mil but any tips appreciated, Thanks

The toon does not have a complete set on her? Or it's not appearing properly as of yet. but if it is what we need to work with? You may want to update it first (log out and relog back in the game). But to hit 200k I think we might need at least 300m-400m and that depends on the items listed on the ah. :)
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 8/17/2013 3:38 PM PDT
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Catalyst

08/17/2013 08:20 AMPosted by Catalyst
Hey alpha. I have the gold for my set but decided to up it to 1.5b to give you more wiggle room. I'm headed to work for thw next 18 hours. Whens a good time for you ?

Good timing. Im going to be on most day/night so I can get it anytime. PM me when you see me online.
@Alphashift14

My Monk is Almost end game, i was looking to push 300k with BOH
I am currently, Right now at 52.50 CC 597 CD 554 AR 55k HP With 272k BOH and 2.44 aps.
I have a 850-950m budget which could include a 4-5 CC Mempo / Higher Dps Nats ring,
And is it even possiable to push 300k with BOH from where I stand with said amount,
or should I move on to building a Barb setup?
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Iceman

spite only using 1 spirit generator, Combination Strike will still provide the bonus. So it's a flat 8% DPS bonus for as long as I attack. Not a huge DPS increase but anything is better than nothing. That and I find a lot of the other passives not too interesting.

Ended up rolling a slightly better dps bracer without a huge loss to EHP last night so I know crafting DOES work but will take awhile. Will search for a new helm sometime to see what's out there but I do like at least 1 item to have some pickup range as I find it helps.

IMHO I think that's a wasted passive right there. It's not being maximized. If you're running solo. Pacifism/resolve/guardians path could greatly improve your survivability. Fleet footed could provide great mobility. Can even do Trans or ES to improve spirit pool to kill things faster. One item with pickup radius is an option. Maybe try a better version of that helm?
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Triton

@Alphashift14

My Monk is Almost end game, i was looking to push 300k with BOH
I am currently, Right now at 52.50 CC 597 CD 554 AR 55k HP With 272k BOH and 2.44 aps.
I have a 850-950m budget which could include a 4-5 CC Mempo / Higher Dps Nats ring,
And is it even possiable to push 300k with BOH from where I stand with said amount,
or should I move on to building a Barb setup?

IMO the end game is 300k - dps unbuffed. 500k eHP. :) but 200k dps is almost end game already. its going to get expensive otherwise. There are also other builds you can try out there.. :)

But of course it is your gold.. :) You need to do whatever you know you'll get more satisfaction from.. :)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]