Diablo® III

Free Set Building Corner [FULL]

Hello Alpha.

I'm just looking to get some advice atm as to where I should focus on next to be able to comfortably run Mp10.

For that matter, i'm currently sitting on just under 200k dps with a WKL, 536 res with OWE, 5.2k armor, 41.5k hp and 4.9% lifesteal yet some elites in mp8 are still giving me a tad of trouble. Am i missing something?

Thanks in advance.
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Hello Alpha.

I'm just looking to get some advice atm as to where I should focus on next to be able to comfortably run Mp10.

For that matter, i'm currently sitting on just under 200k dps with a WKL, 536 res with OWE, 5.2k armor, 41.5k hp and 4.9% lifesteal yet some elites in mp8 are still giving me a tad of trouble. Am i missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Looks very promising. By the time you hit p100 I think you'll hit the 200k dps mark. I too have some trouble with some elite affix combo. If you're going to go with bells then I suggest quickening on FoT and then Blinding light for the bells, the stun could come in handy. You can try substituting serenity with Blinding Flash : Faith in the Light. As for gear. Try to get all RS emeralds first.Are you on the 51%+ for IAS and CC and 500%+ for CD?
Right, so if I understood our brief chat the other day correctly, I should:

Replace Nina helm with cc mempo
Replace rare chest with Inna's Vast Expanse with AR.

Tis will reduce my Vit by approx 240, while increasing life percentage by 24%, with I "think" ends up being a net hp gain.
I will also lose sme 500 armour.

Does that sound right?
What would be the next piece to upgrade, does it need a better Vit roll, and where should I try to make up some armour?

http://d3up.com/b/964540#gear

Im sorry to say golm but I don't remember the last chat session as well. But looking at your items now. I will use the information above on the link (so we can have it in writing as well).

With your original post I agree that you need more HP on your monk. But when you hit p100 you'll be sitting at 48.4k life, 546 res (599 fire), 6.3k armor. The overall mit is also nice 91%+. So I think the defensive side is covered. The DPS is at 177k, you mentioned that you want more cc, but I think that's fine. 52% is good, you are lacking IAS though. I think IAS should be around 51% and CD should be at 500%. Right now if you are using WKL, when you swap them out with CD EF I know the DPS boost is significant. I personally recommend just 1 LS as I think it's enough. You just need to be more careful with RD mobs, Otherwise you're fine. Have you considered a CD WKL if you're really into the WKL.

I see that my IAS is to low. I have been browsing for a dex/5%/9ias mempo... Expensive! That, combined with a new inna chest. I tried my dbl dex inna chest, losing 65ar. Either the loss of 65 ar was significant, or I was having a bad day... Both :)

The mempo will put me on 48% IAS, so I still need sme more. Either another slot or sme upgrades.

I am not particularly attached to a WKL, but everything' i have read says it 6/25% is the BiS for tri-gen.... Whichnis fun, and lazy in pub games. I usallymrun 1xLS, and equip a 2nd on some elites- hence having a good selection of weaps to chose from.
2x LS, 168 DPS WKL & sword)
1x WKL LS, 184k DPS (WKL & mace)
1x LS, 204 DPS (mace & sword)
EF + 10kdps.

Actually, I really don't like the EF.
I have a cd os mace, as my mon-LS weap, currently equipped.

http://d3up.com/b/991429

Looks very promising. By the time you hit p100 I think you'll hit the 200k dps mark. I too have some trouble with some elite affix combo. If you're going to go with bells then I suggest quickening on FoT and then Blinding light for the bells, the stun could come in handy. You can try substituting serenity with Blinding Flash : Faith in the Light. As for gear. Try to get all RS emeralds first.Are you on the 51%+ for IAS and CC and 500%+ for CD?

Thanks for getting back.

Will try out the different skills, definitely see the benefit of blinding flash but that little wuss in me likes having serenity xD

As it stands, on 45% IAS increase ( not including that 15% for dual wield if you count that..), 45% CC (without follower) and 481% CD.

Which slot would you recommend upgrading next, after I'm done with gems?

Thanks!
Hi Alpha

Can I get some advice on what to upgrade

I have my EF on now but I also have a LS weapon close to the one I have on my MH right now that I use also
Hey Alpha,

I am willing to take all the advice i can get in order to help my monk out, i have 180m to waste or so what can i do to my monk with that?
juancho #1304
Hey Alpha,

I will start off by saying i have not played D3 in over a year! I don't know alot of what has changed and i am looking to get back into farming and playing again.

I need some tips and advice on a build and gear. Let me know I will add you later tonight!

Thanks
Ripp
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Golm

I see that my IAS is to low. I have been browsing for a dex/5%/9ias mempo... Expensive! That, combined with a new inna chest. I tried my dbl dex inna chest, losing 65ar. Either the loss of 65 ar was significant, or I was having a bad day... Both :)

The mempo will put me on 48% IAS, so I still need sme more. Either another slot or sme upgrades.

You can also try a high vit inna's chest with 9% ias, they have an all res variant as well. You'll lose some dex but the ias will cover for the dps lost. You just get better sustain if you attack faster. How fast you can get life back. Try to get 9%+ rolls on other items with ias already like pants or ring with almost the same affixes. And to get to the 200k dps try as much as possible to get the highest cc rolls on items like 6 for helm/bracer.
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 8/23/2013 4:30 PM PDT
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Nivre

As it stands, on 45% IAS increase ( not including that 15% for dual wield if you count that..), 45% CC (without follower) and 481% CD.

Which slot would you recommend upgrading next, after I'm done with gems?

Thanks!

You can also do dashing strike for mobility. :)

mm.. while you are actually stacking one res. I think you're stacking them too low. The maximum amount for a single resist is 60. Try to get 50 as much as possible so you only need a few of these affixes rather than a lot of them on different items wasting slot potential. I think you can focus on vit. You at least have to be on the 45k HP to hit 50k HP p100. Try to get the arcane res or all res up so you can drop the res on the belt and get a high vit wh or %life. After that the boots, higher vit as well. :)
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 8/23/2013 4:30 PM PDT
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Holysnikeys

Hi Alpha

Can I get some advice on what to upgrade

I have my EF on now but I also have a LS weapon close to the one I have on my MH right now that I use also

I think you only need one resist and the EF is so good it's a shame not to use it. If you have the cash I think you need to have at least 100 dex on your MH. Solid numbers when you hit p100. 5.1k armor. 595 all res. 52k HP. Aside from the dex on the weapons getting to 300kdps will be weapon perfection and expensive. Maybe a dps upgrade from the lit ring with the same or a little less res will do 50+.
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 8/23/2013 4:39 PM PDT
i'm putting 350$ into a new monk set can you help me rework and find new gear? I say help so I can learn also
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Juancho

Hey Alpha,

I am willing to take all the advice i can get in order to help my monk out, i have 180m to waste or so what can i do to my monk with that?
juancho #1304

What are you trying to achieve first? higher MP farming? 200k dps - 500k ehp?
But on a general look. You need OS on your weapons to get some emeralds in there to boost DPS. :) Also try to stockpile the one resist only. The bracer and gloves although crafted has a different resist.
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 8/23/2013 4:51 PM PDT
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Hey Ripp

Hey Alpha,

I will start off by saying i have not played D3 in over a year! I don't know alot of what has changed and i am looking to get back into farming and playing again.

I need some tips and advice on a build and gear. Let me know I will add you later tonight!

Thanks
Ripp

Just send the FR. :)
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 8/23/2013 5:23 PM PDT
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
Mike

08/23/2013 04:44 PMPosted by MIKE10522
i'm putting 350$ into a new monk set can you help me rework and find new gear? I say help so I can learn also

Hey, 300k dps right? Send me FR when you have the time.
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 8/23/2013 5:27 PM PDT
Hey bro would u mind giving me some gearing advice? I have a budget of 2b atm.
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
08/23/2013 09:23 PMPosted by Nived
Hey bro would u mind giving me some gearing advice? I have a budget of 2b atm.

What are your goals? Do you want to keep the TR build?
08/23/2013 10:46 PMPosted by AlphaShift14

As of right now, yes, i would like to keep TR/Bells. I plan on getting gear for Nirvana later on, so i can switch between the two, but as of right now I'd like to stick with TR/Bells.

Am i right in my understanding that the main difference between nirvana and tr/bells is weapons (nirvana=dw & tr/bells=skorn) and that nirvana is better with a WH and Mempo, as opposed to tr/bells using inna belt/helm?

I am fairly new to Monk, so please pardon my lack of knowledge and thank you very much for helping.. its much appreciated.
Edited by Nived#1902 on 8/23/2013 10:59 PM PDT

Am i right in my understanding that the main difference between nirvana and tr/bells is weapons (nirvana=dw & tr/bells=skorn) and that nirvana is better with a WH and Mempo, as opposed to tr/bells using inna belt/helm?

that is correct, tr/bell is best for leveling atm from what I've read and I've done a lot of reading on monks over the past few weeks as well as just finished building my own. Alpha is a great guy and very helpful. =P

me myself, I went for nirvana because its really fun spamming bells for 5 seconds straight blowing everything up. TR/bell is the same really, I guess just more efficient for leveling.
Edited by Mønster#1710 on 8/23/2013 11:20 PM PDT
Hey Alpha, just wondering how good the balance on my Monk is. I tried pretty hard to keep up ehp while getting extra dps. But I still feel like I'm dying too much on mp10, which is really frustrating. It could be that I'm still trying to play like a Barb, since that's my main class. But if there is anything that needs improving I'd be happy to get input. Thanks!
MVP - Diablo III (Monk)
View profile
08/23/2013 10:58 PMPosted by Nived

As of right now, yes, i would like to keep TR/Bells. I plan on getting gear for Nirvana later on, so i can switch between the two, but as of right now I'd like to stick with TR/Bells.

I am fairly new to Monk, so please pardon my lack of knowledge and thank you very much for helping.. its much appreciated.

08/23/2013 11:19 PMPosted by Mønster

that is correct, tr/bell is best for leveling atm from what I've read and I've done a lot of reading on monks over the past few weeks as well as just finished building my own. Alpha is a great guy and very helpful. =P

me myself, I went for nirvana because its really fun spamming bells for 5 seconds straight blowing everything up. TR/bell is the same really, I guess just more efficient for leveling.

Thanks for getting this one moster. :P I completely agree with the answer as well. :) I would suggest though that you get to some plevels first before you spend the 2b. Although that is correct you can just substitute some components to get from one efficient build to the other.
Edited by AlphaShift14#1155 on 8/24/2013 12:36 AM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]