Diablo® III

New pro game mode ?

Separate from norm mode and hardcore. Pro mode: Player trading only no A/H with a ladder system. If blizzard is worried about losing out on money because of no rmah- make a subscription of gladly pay 20 bucks a month to have that competitive feel back to the grind.

I love playing but when I have the temptation of the AH I feel as if I'm cheating.
I'm sure others have thought of this. How hard could it be?
Reply Quote
Let me put this simply... No

They seem to think that adding a comma is hard brah? You want to add entire third option to game?
If resources and personal were this easily available we would have all kinda of DLC, and new items being added to the world monthly... The end game would be more fun and rewarding. And with these changes comes the plethora of other changes and fixes that are sorely needed.
Reply Quote
Yeah.. But dreaming is free and gold is sold in stacks of 50 million
Reply Quote
pro mode.................

still being able to trade would just open up trading sites even more. It would be the SAME THING except you'd trade outside of diablo.

make all items boa. all of them.

then new items could be listed in AH.
Reply Quote
Call it what you want it was just an idea
Reply Quote
07/30/2013 07:30 AMPosted by Jonno
Call it what you want it was just an idea

coming on these forums with the game in this state with an idea is bad news bears -_-
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
We're investigating the possibility of adding a ladder-like system to Diablo III. Nothing is concrete yet, but we'd love to hear from you about what you'd like to see in this kind of feature.

- Would you like access to a separate auction house?

- Would you like to include player trading via the trade window?

- How long would you like the resets to be?

- How many character slots should we enable?

- Should the characters take up existing slots you currently have?
Reply Quote
We're investigating the possibility of adding a ladder-like system to Diablo III. Nothing is concrete yet, but we'd love to hear from you about what you'd like to see in this kind of feature.

No auction house (new game mode like hard core)
Same as above no trades
idk
1 Character that way people actually stick to a character and learn it and it can only be changed when dead (After a certain time period of being dead?)
Yes, like above.
Reply Quote
Adding player trading completely negates getting rid of the AH since 3rd party sites will just sell stuff offline.
Reply Quote
I hated the way the Diablo 2 ladder worked as it rewarded the no lifers who could play 24/7.

It would be great if there were multiple ladder systems. For example, if there ever were an endless dungeon or wave after wave of monsters, it would be neat if there were a leader board.

Or, you could do daily, weekly, monthly ladders.

Just something different then what the Diablo 2 ladders were.
Reply Quote

Allow Ladder and NL characters to play together. Ladder should be in the Arena and other challenges.

No to conventional ladder.
Reply Quote

I would like for you to investigate the League system in POE.
For ladder, no AH, but add a Trading Game search tag.

Quarterly or semi annual resets.

Character slots should be the same, and take up existing slot.
Do micro transactions (in place of AH). WINGS, additional character slots and other aesthetics and *keyword* luxury* account upgrades such as more character slots, stash space ect. that do not directly impact anyones in-game play.
Edited by Vex#1324 on 7/30/2013 3:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote

A ladder should not be a separate mode. It should be a continuation of ones character, just like in the D2 to LoD transition.

We should be allowed to allocate our characters, gear, and gold to the ladder. Otherwise, what is the point in playing? I might as well quit now if all my farming is for nothing!

Personally I want a fair system above all else that isn't a de facto delete of my account. Then moving forward I would like all the same features including the AH.
Edited by Twister#1181 on 7/30/2013 4:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/30/2013 03:57 PMPosted by Vex
luxury* account upgrades such as more character slots, stash space ect. that do not directly impact anyones in-game play.

Please not this part. The other suggestions you make are great but in PoE I feel that stash space is required, not optional. Anyone who is going to play that game should drop at least $20 for the stash package. With D3 having so few character slots I don't really want them to start charging for those or giving them as rewards either, not unless they add another 5 slots or so for free first.
Reply Quote

Adding a third AH (SC, HC and Ladder) would also separate people's gold, playtime and paragon levels even further. I think the idea most people want in a ladder mode is to get rid of the "pay to win" scenario. However, itemization would have to be completely fixed to make this viable. Perhaps not having magic find or golf find in this mode would aide in this. Furtehr helped by letting legendary of all levels drop at any point in the game (find something for future use). Not the best of solutions, but an idea.

Again, as mentioned above, there will be more third party sites popping up if there is no AH, but trading is allowed. The same way gold sites are running rampant. Imagine not only gold spammers, but item spammers! So as long as there is trading, there might as well be an AH. Why let third party sites capitalize monetarily yet for players who actually spend their time earning good items, there is no way to unload them on a global scale (like AH, anyone can see them).

Solution would be full-on Ah and trading as SC is now, or no AH and no trading. I honestly couldn't tell you I believe one is better [or worse] than the other. My 2 cents on the matter.

------------

Character Creation in ladder mode: Perhaps you can pull a level 60 from your current stable without the gear, into ladder mode. IE: You have a level 60 barb, you can drag it into Ladder mode at level 60 with no gear on. Sort of like how the PTR duplicates your character but without the gear. Perhaps it can pull the paragon levels with it.

Paragon? How about paragon per class? IE I have a plvl100 barb, so my HC and Ladder barb both get those benefits? I know that there have been comments made about removing or changing the paragon system to account wide. Why not class-wide instead? THis way there is some benefit to playing that class for many hours prior to jumping game modes.

------------

Character slots should be increased by 5 so you can have a total of 15 characters, thus having the ability to run one of each class in each mode simultaneously.

------------

Stash size. Needs to increase. Hear me out....

There should be an extra page or even separate area for crafting items. Where is the bookshelf where I keep all my recipes, pages, tomes, and other crafting materials? There is an identify all book, but there is no storage space in the bottom of it?

That said, item's should have a more-relative-size. You're telling me that a ring takes up half as much room in my pocket as my skorn? Really?

How about a jewelry bag both on the character inventory and the stash? I could store 50 rings/amulets and 100 gems in a little pouch, why should they take up so much space? Why is it that I can stack a bunch of gems, but not store rings in a similar amount of space.

----------

Friends List! This is supposed to be a social game!

This needs to increase in size! My list is already full of 95% softcore players. I have no room to add HC players at all, nevertheless some Ladder players!

Should have about 100 friend limit per game mode, and you should be able to designate which list people fall within.
Reply Quote
Please not this part. The other suggestions you make are great but in PoE I feel that stash space is required, not optional. Anyone who is going to play that game should drop at least $20 for the stash package. With D3 having so few character slots I don't really want them to start charging for those or giving them as rewards either, not unless they add another 5 slots or so for free first.

They have to make income somehow. Tis the cold truth, and I would rather this method than the current of selling primary currency (gold) and pay-to-win AH. I hate the auction house... so... so much...

Maybe even a $10 a month subscription to unlock all the account luxuries.
Edited by Vex#1324 on 7/30/2013 4:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I hated the way the Diablo 2 ladder worked as it rewarded the no lifers who could play 24/7.

It would be great if there were multiple ladder systems. For example, if there ever were an endless dungeon or wave after wave of monsters, it would be neat if there were a leader board.

Or, you could do daily, weekly, monthly ladders.

Just something different then what the Diablo 2 ladders were.

Leaderboard is a WONDERFUL idea. I made an idea thread that went nowhere LOL:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9573547386#1
Reply Quote
NO to ladder, simply NO! Ladder instantly destroys the economic value of character building. Only noobs who have no chance of ever reaching the high end game would go of ladder. You guys will turn D3 from a character building game to a short turn quick game by adding ladder.
Reply Quote
07/30/2013 04:11 PMPosted by GGyouLOSE
NO to ladder, simply NO! Ladder instantly destroys the economic value of character building. Only noobs who have no chance of ever reaching the high end game would go of ladder. You guys will turn D3 from a character building game to a short turn quick game by adding ladder.

Your fired.
Please pack up your things and leave.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]