Diablo® III

Torchlight 2 vs. Diablo 3

So I have been playing a lot of TL 2 lately, and it is really a fantastic game, I truly look forward to all the mods and end game that it has to offer.

I really like Diablo 3, I have gotten a lot of play time out of the game, but at the moment, it just feels so bland. I know itemization is coming and a paragon change with the possibility of allowing us to pick where our stat points goes. These changes feel a little to late... there was a 10 year gap between D2X and D3, why didn't any of the nostalgic mechanics make into D3 in the first place?

TL2 feels like all the mechanics D3 should have: stat points, skill tree, hot keys (ie not limting builds because there is only 6 buttons), comprehensive itemization, ability to socket / enchant, gambling. The only thing it's missing is rune words, but their enchant and upgradable uniques/epic's seem to keep it fresh. I feel like the only thing missing from TL2 is the barbarian class. There is even a mod that is widely played that adds a necromancer class to the game...
Reply Quote
08/04/2013 11:13 PMPosted by FortySixAnd2
TL2 feels like all the mechanics D3 should have

Torchlight and Torchlight 2 development teams included former members of Blizzard North.
Reply Quote
A lot of pure haters.... but TL2 is an amazing game for the $4.99 I paid for it.

The mods and community are what really make it special though.
Reply Quote
The mods are pretty excellent, some involve new classes or trees to mess around with, very good application of extra content, others change itemization a bit, or add to it, others also provide skill differences or synergies, bassically anyone who's had d2 nostalgia should actually check out the mods list. There's lots.
Reply Quote
08/05/2013 08:38 PMPosted by KradisZ
bassically anyone who's had d2 nostalgia should actually check out the mods list. There's lots.

yup, there is a mod that adds necromancer class to the game.

08/05/2013 02:29 AMPosted by Unwell
Torchlight and Torchlight 2 development teams included former members of Blizzard North.

makes sense

08/05/2013 02:44 AMPosted by Skillol
I rather play d2 for the next 10 years than play another 2 minutes of tl2. That game is garbage.

lol, I played d2 yesterday for about 10 minutes. The graphics are so incredibly bad, it doesn't run well on windows 7. The game lags even though I have a 80Mbps connection and a beefy computer. Bot spam is everywhere and public games don't exist, mostly because of bot spam, but nobody plays anymore.
Reply Quote
theres no reason to have Torchlight and path of exile installed

poe is free
torchlight games are VERY cheap
Reply Quote
Please don't compare Path of Exile and Diablo 3.Both games have their Pros and Cons.No game is perfect.Plus,Blizzard Company doesn't even know that GGG is going to create a game like POE and Blizzard Company also doesn't even know how POE is going to work.You guys said that POE or Torchligh 2 is better? Want to know why? That's because since the released of Diablo 1,Diablo 2,and Diablo 3,I believed that other game developers have tried the game.And I also believe they beat the game many times.For what? To find what Diablo game lacks or its imperfection part.They study the Diablo games carefully.Once they found what Diablo lacks,they create a solution.And that's where a game like Torchlight and POE was created.A game like Diablo but with more better mechanism,better gameplay or simply put,an IMPROVISATION.
Diablo is original(correct me if i am wrong).Blizzard create Diablo without copying from any other game but their original idea.(correct me if i am wrong).Believe me guys,if there's going to be Diablo 4,it will be better than POE,Torchlight and prevoius Diablo game itselves and you will remember it 4 ever.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]