Diablo® III

Which version will get most support longterm?

PC or Console?

Just another factor that could go into some of our decisions on whether or not to get the console version or not.

Do you think all future patches/expansions/updates/etc. will come out on console just as they do on PC? Obviously months and months later, but will they get them?
Reply Quote
blizzard have said in many interviews that both versions will be supported equally but PC patches will always come out first, and then they will decide what to add from each patch to console
Reply Quote
Community Manager
We plan on supporting Diablo III to the best of our ability no matter what platform it's on, but something to keep in mind is that there are a lot of inherent differences between the console and PC versions of the game. A patch for one may not translate as well to the other, but that will have to be determined on a case by case basis.
Reply Quote
PC
Blizzard will abandon the Console versions after launch since they have no RMAH
Reply Quote
08/05/2013 05:33 PMPosted by Grimiku
to the best of our ability

-looks like the nail in the coffin there
Reply Quote
PC
Blizzard will abandon the Console versions after launch since they have no RMAH

lol sounds about right.
Reply Quote
View profile
Must be console , Have you read the PC 2013 1Q & internal sales report? both DROP heavily! you expect blizzard to invest in a dying market?

D3 in current situation wont success in console as console play never want to play same content again again and again.....

don't use monster hunter as an example as the goal of it is very clear ( to get specific item) . D3 is waiting for a jack pot....

D3's result is just same as D1
Edited by MADTHUNDER2#3452 on 8/9/2013 10:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I would think you would get more regular support with the PC version but I'm sure the console 1 will see some updates.
Reply Quote
They don't want to play again and again? I think the Final Fantasy series would like to have a word with you.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/12/2013 04:17 PMPosted by Ghyzmo
They don't want to play again and again? I think the Final Fantasy series would like to have a word with you.

Have you try FF before? every series have different story. If you said FF XIV it is a MMO which D3 is not
Reply Quote
Look what happened to Team Fortress 2.

There's your answer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]