Diablo® III

Cluster Arrow

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/demon-hunter/active/cluster-arrow#best

Cost: 50 Hatred
Fire a cluster arrow that explodes for 225% weapon damage as Fire into a series of additional miniature bombs that explode for 100% weapon damage as Fire each.

The proportion of Cluster Arrow (50 Hatred for 225% weapon damage) is just too low.
Reply Quote
quite true, do you really wonder why demon hunter is the weakest and worst class?
Reply Quote
its not 225% it is always 225+200~400% ~= 425~625%

back when WoL was not doing over 800%, you don't see monks spawning them like crazy, but you do now. So whats the point?

hunters are the only class that did not get "any" buff until the recent RF snapshot after 1.05, the introduction of monster power. We are behind because blizz buff all the other 3 classes when people cry about not being able to do MP10... tbh it is just stupid devs working on the wrong focus. When they added MP they where adding more difficulties. When they buffed classes allow with the increase in MP health they destroyed the game.
Reply Quote
for 50 hatred it needs to be reached to 1000% if not more. And its not something you can spam either.

I still feel our hatred should be generated through our critical hits or simply added to our passive spell night stalker. So night stalker would generate hatred and discipline. Other classes able to keep their energy pools constantly full at all times, we need stronger ways of doing the same without losing of already whatever little we gotten.

The class design works very well for normal inferno but new mp system is what weaken the class.(weak foundation) While the class was still weak compared to other classes it could still compete against them but once the bar was risen, the demon hunter completely fell off the map.

the only attention demon hunter ever gotten from blizzard is the pet system and the most recent rapid fire buff. Anything else was just either nerf directly at the class or indirectly.
Reply Quote
08/12/2013 09:38 AMPosted by Krak
for 50 hatred it needs to be reached to 1000% if not more. And its not something you can spam either.

for damage I would say base go up to around 600 and each bomb with 150% will do very good. The current damage is a bit low for 50 when we can get 275x3 with 30 hatred.

I can spend 1 CA per second with 3.01 aps, no prep and NS nor bat, only -10 cost from grenadier. Very fun build, but not really my style as it require the use of a skill I do not like.
Reply Quote
compared to.... a monk w/ fot quickening @ wall of light 1200%

eeeek
Reply Quote
They probably didn't mess with it because you can land Cluster Arrows in stupid places, as it is extremely easy to land. For example if you're in the cathedral and you're on the lowest level of the floor and the monsters are above you on the 2nd level, you can still land CA like you can Multishot and Evasive Fire.

I guess we'll see what happens. They obviously didn't adjust many skills after MPs. Echoing Blast and Rapid Fire I think are the only ones.

People just need to stop crying. This game isn't a competition.

Also, this game had an initial vision and now it's torn between complaints and incompleteness.

p.s. Stop comparing skills with other classes and instead try to make the most out of what we do have. We can already do over 1000% per sec with any of the RF runes but people continue to dismiss the attack speed breakpoints past 2.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 8/12/2013 12:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
When all players want to do, is vault into the middle of a pack and fire off moves with Gloom assist, you effectively remove all other balancing factors of specific attacks. You lose certain perks that certain attacks have, and the only thing that matters is damage.

Not saying I don't want to see a CA buff, because I sure as hell do, it hits weak as hell or rather the AoE is super small. I mean damn, Spike Trap AoE is small, too, except for Scatter.
Reply Quote
The damage/cost ratio for CA got screwed by the WoL and RF buffs. But it's still a powerful skill at low-mid MPs. It's not 225 as someone said, but it's more like 304+100+100 from LfB. Against stationary targets (if you have a good CM in the group), CB can give a RF user a run for their money with max reduction.

230x4=920 @ 30 hatred isn't bad at all.
Reply Quote
While we are QQ'ing, I wanna throw in a vote to make Impale either stronger... Or cost less.

As it stands, Hungering Arow is more powerful, and free.
Reply Quote
yea, im currently trying to work around a build that revolves around CC and CHD with Hungering Arrow - Spray of Teeth and a spammable Hatred spell for single target while using Discipline as my support spells. I only get on usually once a week so its slow lol.
Reply Quote
To me, the only variable rune for Cluster Arrow is Cluster Bomb (230 * 4 = 920) but it is near impossible to aim and utilize unless you got CM/Wiz to in party.

If Cluster Bomb were to change to be to homing bomb once we lock the target that would make this skill really variable despite the projectile delay.

Btw, Impale is already confirmed on list of to-be-fix.
Reply Quote
Lets put aside all the maths for practical reason.

DH with 473k unbuffed dps, MP10 Keep lvl 3, group of white mobs with around 2m hp. Fire CA LB at them. 1st shot ..... 2nd shot and 3rd shot 2-3 of them vanished, hatred emptied.

What a joke with its awful damage multiplier, AOE and resource management. How is it going to scratch the skins of elites? Just don't know what to say! CA is only viable at lower MPs.

CA buff should at least double its dmg, half its hatred and with improved AOE. I m quite sure they are going to do this.
Reply Quote
I am quite sure too that next patch they will buff most of DH hatred spender skill. DH hatred gen skill vs hatred spender skill are at LOL-Comparison at the moment.
Reply Quote

DH with 473k unbuffed dps, MP10 Keep lvl 3, group of white mobs with around 2m hp. Fire CA LB at them. 1st shot ..... 2nd shot and 3rd shot 2-3 of them vanished, hatred emptied.

What a joke with its awful damage multiplier, AOE and resource management. How is it going to scratch the skins of elites? Just don't know what to say! CA is only viable at lower MPs.

CA buff should at least double its dmg, half its hatred and with improved AOE. I m quite sure they are going to do this.

Did your LfB hit for 750k or so on average?
Reply Quote

Without any skill buff and gear bonuses, I hit it like 800k to 1.1m on a small AOE. It is just pathetic. Bola ID give me around 600k - 800k without any hatred consumption and better AOE.
Reply Quote

LfB is a bad rune for higher MPs. You don't see barbs crying because throw barbs suck in MP10, do you?
Also.. You can't take a random set of gear, slap it on a build and say it sucks. If you have a CA quiver+SOJ, and spec Vengeance/NS/Grenadier, you get 5 shots, not 3.

Again, I'm not disagreeing that CA is underpowered compared WoL/COB or RF, but let's at least compare apples to apples.
Reply Quote

Without any skill buff and gear bonuses, I hit it like 800k to 1.1m on a small AOE. It is just pathetic. Bola ID give me around 600k - 800k without any hatred consumption and better AOE.

When in a situation where both LfB and Bola ID can hit, then LfB sucks anyways. But Bola ID can't insert itself into the middle of mobs for instant "on impact" damage. It also can't hit at random elevations like CA(all except Cluster Bombs) can.

Pretty much it's completely relegated to its very small situational windows. It's like a "cherry on top" attack atm, I think. Specialized clusters lol.

And, if it's only hitting for that amount of damage for you for 50 Hatred, it's just not worth it as the front runner. It needs to be 1 shotting the monsters it hits in the MPs, for that specific usage. Otherwise I think the other runes are the answer.

Dazzle good to use as much as possible to continuously stun. Maelstrom and Shooting Star have their own uses, like being caught sandwiched in walls. <- the impact won't go through the walls but the followups on those runes will.

Unfortunately that's all they're there for right now. Our Hatred generators are already the best in the game though, so I ain't even mad that Bola ID does more.

I'd rather them focus the attacks to have buffed utility, too. Instead of just damage. I'd be ok with something like LfB only doing like 800k-1.1m based on your weapon damage, if each time I hit the monsters with it it made them flinch or interrupted their attacks or something.
Edited by ActionKungfu#1184 on 8/12/2013 10:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote

LfB is a bad rune for higher MPs. You don't see barbs crying because throw barbs suck in MP10, do you?
Also.. You can't take a random set of gear, slap it on a build and say it sucks. If you have a CA quiver+SOJ, and spec Vengeance/NS/Grenadier, you get 5 shots, not 3.

Again, I'm not disagreeing that CA is underpowered compared WoL/COB or RF, but let's at least compare apples to apples.

I don't think you see where we are coming from. Similarly, you don't see DHs crying because Elemental Arrow sucks in MP10. Before 1.0.8, CA together with ST are considered the top damage dealers and should be comparable to HOTA if you want to compare apple to apple, but....
Luckily, Blizz save some DHs' life with RF buff.

The purpose of the test was just to show how bad hatred spender skill's dmg compared to non hatred spender skills. There is nothing to do with gears bonuses, of which we definitely know the positive results.
Reply Quote
im looking for a DH cluster bomber to run with my WD 0 dog build
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]