Diablo® III

Cluster Arrow

LfB is a bad rune for higher MPs. You don't see barbs crying because throw barbs suck in MP10, do you?
Also.. You can't take a random set of gear, slap it on a build and say it sucks. If you have a CA quiver+SOJ, and spec Vengeance/NS/Grenadier, you get 5 shots, not 3.

Again, I'm not disagreeing that CA is underpowered compared WoL/COB or RF, but let's at least compare apples to apples.

I don't think you see where we are coming from. Similarly, you don't see DHs crying because Elemental Arrow sucks in MP10. Before 1.0.8, CA together with ST are considered the top damage dealers and should be comparable to HOTA if you want to compare apple to apple, but....
Luckily, Blizz save some DHs' life with RF buff.

The purpose of the test was just to show how bad hatred spender skill's dmg compared to non hatred spender skills. There is nothing to do with gears bonuses, of which we definitely know the positive results.

Eh, I can kind of see where Blizz was going with their thought process. For example, let's compare vs HOTA. Here's what they were thinking:
-HOTA is 400%, because CA is ranged it should do less damage..so they reduce it to 300.
-DHs have natural Hatred regeneration, which can be increased to ~10/sec. Barbs don't. So DHs skill must cost more. They're logical thoughts on paper that mostly fail in real play.

If they decide to balance out CA by say.. reducing base cost to 40 and upping the base damage to 350 (and LfB to ~550), I'd be all for it. Before RF buff, I ran CA on my DH. Dazzling Arrow and cluster bombs are actually very powerful on MP10 and let you facetank as well as Traps/RF.
Reply Quote
Seems like a lot of people in this thread don't know that when using the LFB rune, you only get 1 hit from the rocket, the others are nullified. If they all hit, then this would be a great skill.
Reply Quote
Seems like a lot of people in this thread don't know that when using the LFB rune, you only get 1 hit from the rocket, the others are nullified. If they all hit, then this would be a great skill.

what??????

08/12/2013 09:38 AMPosted by Krak
for 50 hatred it needs to be reached to 1000% if not more. And its not something you can spam either.

well my personal record was 16 cluster arrow spam before I have to go back to my HA.

08/12/2013 09:16 PMPosted by Cameo
How is it going to scratch the skins of elites? Just don't know what to say! CA is only viable at lower MPs.

LOL. Dude, pleaseee

08/12/2013 10:11 PMPosted by Cameo
Without any skill buff and gear bonuses, I hit it like 800k to 1.1m on a small AOE. It is just pathetic. Bola ID give me around 600k - 800k without any hatred consumption and better AOE.

08/12/2013 10:44 PMPosted by ActionKungfu
I'd be ok with something like LfB only doing like 800k-1.1m based on your weapon damage, if each time I hit the monsters with it it made them flinch or interrupted their attacks or something.

Same here with 800k to 1.2m damage back then BUT those figures are the arrows which hits first on impact. Don't forget the smaller bombs.
Reply Quote
Seems like a lot of people in this thread don't know that when using the LFB rune, you only get 1 hit from the rocket, the others are nullified. If they all hit, then this would be a great skill.what??????

I think he meant shooting stars and he is correct.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]