Diablo® III

What to do with 67 million I didn't earn?

So here's the gist: Took a long break from the game, account got hacked, chars erased, had 1 lvl 60 monk that I immediately erased, he managed to get 67 million gold (I had ~300k when I left).

Now the question: How do I get rid of everything but 300k? I noticed on the RMAH you can only sell 50 mil at a time. I guess I could give it to someone...? If anyone needs it feel free to ask.

I just hate having THAT much gold I didn't earn at my disposal. So what is the best way to get rid of it? And no, I don't want to buy gear from the AH. I'm going self found this time around.
Edited by WihteSparrow#1980 on 8/9/2013 9:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You log in and give it to me...

pretty simple..
Reply Quote
View profile
You could find a 67-mil gold item in the AH, buy it, them drop it in a multiplayer game.
Reply Quote
View profile
I'll take it
Reply Quote
Keep it for crafting. Giving it to someone would ruin his or her experience. But if you really don't want to keep it you can let me carry the heavy burden :P
Reply Quote
I'd certainly help you with it. I won't even ask for it all but a simple share of it. :)
Reply Quote
Why don't you give it to your daddy?
Reply Quote
You don't want to buy gear from AH at all (to avoid compromising account with gold from hacker) or just don't want to use gear from GAH?

If that's the case, you can jus buy a couple Radiant star gems (and some other gems) on GAH and just sell them for 1000 gold. (I think it's possible). They'll sell instantly.

Or you can send a ticket and ask for a rollback for a state before the hacking (since you want to go SF, the bind on account limitation won't be an issue).
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
It is up to you what you do, but you might want to report the account compromised and ask for a restoration. That will take you back to a save point where you only have your 300K although it also makes things soulbound. What is more important, is that it documents the fact that you were compromised so that when the next round of banwaves comes out that you don't get swept up in it (or at least have evidence to use when you appeal). Of course, this only works if you really were compromised based on the logs Bliz has.
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 8/9/2013 9:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I do actually need to get a few gems since I had some really nice ones before I left and now they're gone. I should probably do that first. But that definitely won't spend everything.

@BattleTag - ...What?
Reply Quote
MissCheetah: Can I report the account without getting a rollback? I've already started a new barb and I would rather stick to not having several fairly progressed chars to deal with after such a long break from the game.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
That is a good question and I am fairly sure you can. After all, you can send in a ticket for nearly anything and it serves as a paper trail.

There is no premade option for it but you could use D3 > I have an issue managing my account > My issue is not listed here. You could say something like

"I would like to report my account compromised and used for botting. I have access to the account and control of it again, have run a security sweep, and added an Authenticator (if you have). I do not need a restoration but I want it on record that a compromise occurred in case actions are taken against the account"

Araxom would be the one to really answer it though.

You also want to be very sure to secure the account, your email, and PC or the hackers will be back into it.
Reply Quote
Did you misspell your handle?
Reply Quote
The only security measure I haven't taken is adding an authenticator (don't have the means to, currently). Thanks much for your advice, MissCheetah! I submitted a ticket similar to the way you suggested as a precaution. :) Paper trails are super important when it comes to technicalities!
Reply Quote
ChurchMouse - Negative, my man. :P It's like that in ever game I play. :) Does it drive the OCD in you nuts? ;) haha!!
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Great! Now hopefully they read it, verify the compromise by reviewing the logs, and make the note on your account...without temporarily disabling the account. The only way this could backfire for someone is if the account was not actually compromised.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the gold!! Much appreciated! And hope you can find a use for those items that were clogging up my stash :)
Reply Quote
Just spend it, you will have a lot more fun farming on high MPs. It is pretty hard to find public games on low Mps.
Reply Quote
67 million gold isn't really that much gold anymore. When I first saw this thread I thought it was a necro, but the time stamp is current, which makes me conclude that the chances are you've all been trolled.

But I've been wrong before.

BTW gbasso, how can you make it onto high MP's with 67 mil without being a horribly undergeared leacher?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]