08/09/2013 01:05 PMI myself see some diversity here thats not being tapped into. Is Impale 100% stun? Why does noone use hungering arrow SOJ and deadmans... f impale always stuns wouldnt you be able to keep a target stunned and get a lot of devouring arrows off before you run out of hatred with your chain stun? Why is everyone so stuck on manticore... IMO hungering arrow becomes far more dangerous with calamity with more chances to pierce for bonus damage. I personally dont like sharpshooter... I crit far too often to hold any form of real sharpshooter bonus. Initial burst is great with it obviously but after that i dunno... id personally prefer nightstalker with calamity... it feels like having legacy nats im telling you. And hwow is rapid fire any good in pvp at all?
Posted by PsYk1K
1) Impale is not 100% stun, if the target dodges it does not stun and it only has a 65% even if it does connect. Next there are cc diminishing returns for stun-locking a target (similar to elite cc reduction).
2) Hungering Arrow is good but the damage output is too low. Try facing a tanky target like a top Barb or WD with Hungering Arrow and when you see it pecks them for <10% of their max hp per crit hit, you will understand lol. Use it as a harassment tool while you are regenerating hatred to keep them from regenerating health or to keep them on the run.
3) Again, Impale stuns are very unreliable since they also can be broken with any CC breaking skill like Serenity, Smokescreen, Spirit Walk, etc. And the base duration is also reduced by 35% in PVP so you wouldn't have time to alternate with another skill.
4) Manticores are superior when it comes to damage per hit and thus more damage per hatred. Calamities are too low on damage (or critical hit damage) generally to be of use. The target will not generally stand there for you to optimize damage with a high attacks per second build! You need to run in, shoot once or twice, and run out, so damage per hit is superior to damage per second.
5) Sharpshooter is useful because a lot of the time you are not attacking someone but rather running away for resources to regenerate or they are running away or behind cover where you cannot hit them. Sharpshooter helps tremendously in these situations as you will not be constantly resetting the bonus!
6) Nightstalker is trash in PVP for two reasons. One, you burn through discipline MUCH faster in PVP than you do in PVE so the minimal few discipline you would gain wouldn't really matter much. Two, Nightstalker only procs on crits and is multiplied by the proc coefficient; generally, you don't get to crit your opponent more than a couple times in a period of 5-10 seconds and thus you would see only a minimal amount of discipline. There simply aren't hordes of monsters for you to bola shot on and regain massive discipline like in PVE.
7) Rapid Fire is the most powerful attack DH currently have in PVP at the moment. The only times you will want to use something else like Impale - Chemical Burn is against a high evasion target due to the mechanics of Chemical Burn with Sharpshooter.