Diablo® III

ShocknadoCannon -The Definitive Guide

V1.4 of SnC allows us to chase dizzying heights of dps exceeding 400k (refer to the Vital Statistics portion; below) with lesser mitigation that means All Resist and Armor because the slack is covered by Diamond Skin -Crystal Shell.

Furthermore, anyone can enjoy crafting shoulders to their delight.

Last but not least, 15% higher dps aided by Glass Cannon as displayed on your profile after "Log Out" gives us some satisfaction.

Note: An interesting build name was suggested by Loroese therefore, ShocknadoGlass has been renamed to ShocknadoCannon.

V1.0
Active Skills
Energy Twister -Wicked Wind
Teleport -Safe Passage
Diamond Skin -Prism
Frost Nova -Bone Chill
Explosive Blast -Unleashed
Storm Armor -Shocking Aspect

V1.1
Active Skills
Teleport -Safe Passage
Diamond Skin -Prism
Frost Nova -Bone Chill
Explosive Blast -Chain Reaction
Storm Armor -Power of the Storm

[Credit to Loroese for improvement hence its inevitable existence]
V1.2
Active Skills
Teleport -Safe Passage
Diamond Skin -Prism
Frost Nova -Bone Chill

[For rare pants and lacuni prowlers aficionados only]
V1.3
Active Skills
Teleport -Wormhole
Diamond Skin -Prism
Frost Nova -Bone Chill

Passive Skills
Critical Mass
Glass Cannon
Cold Blooded

V1.4
Active Skills
Teleport -Wormhole
Diamond Skin -Crystal Shell
Frost Nova -Deep Freeze

Passive Skills
Critical Mass
Glass Cannon
Cold Blooded

Vital Statistics (latest)
DPS = 401,754.74 (latest) / 370,283.53 (8b) / 347,721.16 (8a)
Attacks per Second = 2.76
Armor = 3,755 (latest) / 4,068 (8b) / 3909 (8a)
All Resist = 702 (latest) / 710 (8b) / 721 (8a)
Maximum Life = 53,425 (latest) / 41,744 (8b) / 41,658 (8a)
Life Steal = 2.3% (latest) / 2.9% ( 8a & 8b)
Life per Hit = 459 (latest & 8b) / 1,059 (8a)

How to Gear
1. Head = Storm Crow that comes with Critical Hit Chance
2. Main Hand = Rare Sword that comes with % Damage, Intelligence, Critical Hit Damage, Life Steal, Increase Attack Speed and open socket
3. Off Hand = Chantodo's Force that comes with 10 Apoc
4. Intelligence crafted Shoulders = Preferably that comes with Vitality, % Life and either, All Resist or Armor (if not, both)
5. Wrists = Lacuni Prowlers that comes with Critical Hit Chance, Vitality and All Resist.
6. Torso = Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit that comes with All Resist, Vitality and %Life or All Resist and double Vitality
7. Waist = The Witching Hour that comes with All Resist and Armor

[Credit to Boozor for item #8 improvement]
either 8a. Neck = Blackthorne's Duncraig Cross or rare amulet that comes with trifecta specifications and Life per Hit
or 8b. Neck = Rare amulet that comes with quadfecta specifications
or latest. Neck = Tal Rasha's Allegiance that comes with trifecta specifications

9. Legs = Inna's Temperance that comes with Intelligence and Vitality
10. Finger (Right) = Rare ring that comes with quadfecta specifications inclusive of Average Damage and All Resist
11. Finger (left) = Zunimassa's Pox that comes with trifecta specifications
12. Feet = Zunimassa's Trail that comes with All Resist and Armor

Note: Bifecta (IAS and Critical Hit Chance) specifications pieces should work for those who are budget conscious.

Please feel free to ask questions.

How to Play
Video is up and to demonstrate its prowess, please watch it.
http://youtu.be/I0w4kSwiArk

Cheers! and enjoy.

Important feedback responses made by our valued Contributors

01/24/2014 04:32 PMPosted by Loroese
08/11/2013 03:56 AMPosted by MOBAjobg
2. Main Hand = Rare Sword that comes with % Damage, Intelligence, Critical Hit Damage, Life Steal, Increase Attack Speed and open socket

% damage+minmax takes 2 rolls, so you have to drop int if you want IAS on the weapon.

Also, just to help with the breakpoints, here's a link to a spreadsheet that has gear IAS requirements needed to reach breakpoints for weapons with various APS and IAS values:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569327950

I'd just paste the table for swords, but pasting tables on the forums doesn't work very well. If anyone is bored, feel free to copy and paste the sword part. I find the table very useful when planning my gearing.

The gist of the table is:
Weapon IAS/Gear IAS for 2.5 aps/2.73aps
8 / 66 / 81
9 / 64 / 79
10 / 63 / 78
11 / 61 / 76

So you need 81% IAS from gear to hit 2.73 APS with a 8% IAS sword, but you only need 76% if you can get an 11% IAS sword. For 2.5 APS you need considerably less.
Edited by MOBAjobg#6966 on 1/29/2014 11:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
I assume that the 10 APoC is concrete? No 8-9 APoC?

And have you tested it against Ubers solo?

And how often do you feel like GC may be hurting more than helping?
Reply Quote
I assume that the 10 APoC is concrete? No 8-9 APoC?

And have you tested it against Ubers solo?

And how often do you feel like GC may be hurting more than helping?

1. Yes

2. Not yet, but I think GC is a no go for Ubers and should be replaced with either Blur or Evocation instead.

3. So far, I've not encountered any harmful affixes combo yet.

Updated Active Skills with improved playability V1.1
Edited by MOBAjobg#6966 on 8/11/2013 7:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Did you check the Edps and multiplier ?

Looks like it's going to be much less Edps because losing shards/ evocation/ thunderstorm

And why a sword with no ias ? It would be better with ias because people can hit breakpoints easier.
Reply Quote
08/11/2013 10:48 AMPosted by Boozor
Looks like it's going to be much less Edps because losing shards/ evocation/ thunderstorm

Agreed, dropping shards for GC is ok but dropping SA is going to be a big dps loss. Personally I'd rather use SA and take the reduced damage vs singles due to lower APoC.
Reply Quote
You forgot pants.

Also, I ran 2.59 APS against ubers solo with 10 APoC and the standard SNS spec (even running Safe Passage).

Freeze strength is pretty terrible, but it works. You still have to end up kiting periodically when ubers escape your grip and you're out of AP to sustain yourself.
Reply Quote
After re-reading this acouple times.

I see no reason to gear in this way.

You've hit 2.5 BP, with 81% attack speed? ... Is that really necessary when you could easily do this with an IAS sword?

Also, why BT cross with no BT bonus? For LOH? Why the rare ring? For LOH ?

I can see this high LOH/safe passage working with your 41k HP pool and ~87% mitigation... But seems like such a handy cap to be forced to use all these AP redux skills + safe passage to make the set work.

Would have an easier time gearing around an IAS sword.
Reply Quote
After re-reading this acouple times.

I see no reason to gear in this way.

You've hit 2.5 BP, with 81% attack speed? ... Is that really necessary when you could easily do this with an IAS sword?

Also, why BT cross with no BT bonus? For LOH? Why the rare ring? For LOH ?

I can see this high LOH/safe passage working with your 41k HP pool and ~87% mitigation... But seems like such a handy cap to be forced to use all these AP redux skills + safe passage to make the set work.

Would have an easier time gearing around an IAS sword.

Of course, it's definitely easier to hit the aps breakpoint with an IAS LS sword but much more expensive to finance.

I'll test with my barb's LoHless rare amulet and report the findings. So, my initial 1st impression; Wow!, ~385k dps is certainly impressive so, GC passive is irresistible.

Agreed, dropping shards for GC is ok but dropping SA is going to be a big dps loss. Personally I'd rather use SA and take the reduced damage vs singles due to lower APoC.

Taking SA over PoTS is still playable and does not break this build.

You forgot pants.

Also, I ran 2.59 APS against ubers solo with 10 APoC and the standard SNS spec (even running Safe Passage).

Freeze strength is pretty terrible, but it works. You still have to end up kiting periodically when ubers escape your grip and you're out of AP to sustain yourself.

My vision of an endgame Swordplosism wizard is IAS LS sword and rare pants but not sure whether Depth Diggers is viable or not.
Edited by MOBAjobg#6966 on 8/11/2013 3:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Updated "How to Gear" -Item #8. I'd just found out that LoH is not mandatory after intensive testing as suggested by Boozor.
Edited by MOBAjobg#6966 on 8/11/2013 4:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Indepth testing confirms your observation and recommendation is an improvement that can kill elite or champion pack faster, thanks. I would have picked Storm Armor -Shocking Aspect over -Thunderstorm anytime.

Updated Active Skills to V1.2
Edited by MOBAjobg#6966 on 8/11/2013 8:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Profile showing shards.

It just looks like you've geared a sword wiz and 10 apoc.

Others have tried 10 apoc already on various applications, it works in general farming situations, but gets loose against <2 targets. Void already tested prism with 10apoc and had lack luster results a while ago, hence his not using it anymore. It works and is viable, but again hurts overall efficiency because

1) The reduction is never on 100% of the time
2) DPS loss from shards reduces life sustain from LS.
3) 10 APOC < 20 APOC

Also, just get a IAS sword, it is "expensive" but is not compared in relation to the rest of your gear set. This opens slots of other gearing options instead of you need 81% to hit 2.5 BP.
Reply Quote
Profile showing shards.

It just looks like you've geared a sword wiz and 10 apoc.

Others have tried 10 apoc already on various applications, it works in general farming situations, but gets loose against <2 targets. Void already tested prism with 10apoc and had lack luster results a while ago, hence his not using it anymore. It works and is viable, but again hurts overall efficiency because

1) The reduction is never on 100% of the time
2) DPS loss from shards reduces life sustain from LS.
3) 10 APOC < 20 APOC

Also, just get a IAS sword, it is "expensive" but is not compared in relation to the rest of your gear set. This opens slots of other gearing options instead of you need 81% to hit 2.5 BP.

Killed Ghom in 51secs with an open socket Chantodo's Will and casting Diamond Skin -DS in the process. It is not relevant to the discussion of this thread.

1. Could you explain as I don't understand, please
2. Glass Cannon can kill faster than Evocation and Diamond Skin -DS combined
3. "Swordplosism" is for those who prefer Mempo of Twilight over Storm Crow

Agreed with your assessment of IAS sword in the grand scheme of overall gears and weapon setup however I may pair it up with either a rare pants or depth diggers that comes with 2 open sockets/slots, eventually.
Edited by MOBAjobg#6966 on 8/11/2013 10:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Others have tried 10 apoc already on various applications, it works in general farming situations, but gets loose against <2 targets. Void already tested prism with 10apoc and had lack luster results a while ago, hence his not using it anymore. It works and is viable, but ...

I just cast FN -Bone Chill, ET -WW and DS -Prism without spamming EB -Chain Reaction to ensure sufficient supply of Arcane Power to terminate the last and lone target.

Updated Active Skills to V1.3 ...I've noticed an almost uncanny resemblance to the famous and popular ShockNadoShards build.
Edited by MOBAjobg#6966 on 8/13/2013 9:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So on your last lone target... The one that is the strongest...

Your limiting your dps because you have to sustain your apoc ?

This is basically a 10 apoc SNS build that doesn't have any benefit over the standard SNS, other then sheet stats.

Sorry MOBA this doesn't make any sense to use at all.

Instead of 350k SNS with 10 apoc I rather be 300k and 20apoc.
Reply Quote
Let's put it this way, ...Swordplosism allows a wizard to attain at least 400k dps rather easily since 10 apoc is doable and Mempo has 9 ias hence a non-ias ls sword should suffice, that's the beauty of it ...I just can't say no to this fact.
Reply Quote
So like I said .. Your going 400 sheet while your actually Edps will be will be less.

Sounds like chasing sheet dps. And it doesn't matter anyways because your dps is buffed sheet.

At least usin safe passage you could get away using glass cannon with 40k hp.
Reply Quote
08/13/2013 09:54 PMPosted by Boozor
I rather be 300k and 20apoc.

yes. tried 10apoc. it hurts a lot. I'm still going back to my 3020LOH build...
Reply Quote
Put on a Storm Crow and brandishing a sword instead of a Mempo and wand, respectively can perform SnS. Result is freeze efficiency weakened however kill effectiveness strengthened. Verdict is I'll play in this manner from now onwards.

Edited a few minutes later.
In addition, wear a non-ias TR's Allegiance (that does not cost an arm and a leg as compared to an ias version) to pair up with its chest armor ...might consider to spam Meteor.
Edited by MOBAjobg#6966 on 11/23/2013 7:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
By running Swordplosism V1.3 build for the past few months, I've discovered that it has not brought out the best of Glass Cannon however, I've made an accidental discovery a few weeks ago and came up with ShockNadoGlass, ...requires ~4400armor, ~835ar, 50k hp, 2.76aps, 20apoc, ls and dps >300k (all values unbuff).

Imho, it's endgame of CM Wizard build.
ShockNadoGlass
Active Skills
Teleport -Wormhole
Diamond Skin -Crystal Shell (Correct, not Diamond Shards)
Frost Nova -Deep Freeze

Passive Skills
Critical Mass
Glass Cannon (Evocation is unnecessary)
Cold Blooded
Edited by MOBAjobg#6966 on 1/22/2014 6:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
Yep IAS sword is BIS. And since no stat you can share it with you other characters.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]