Diablo® III

ShocknadoCannon -The Definitive Guide

Aim, it's tried many times, it's your ping. 270k DPS will never beat 400k DPS, period, given the same condition.

I have GG Nats and I used them for a long time before Zuni offered me a 40k DPS boost. 7CC won't beat that.
Reply Quote
Edited by Melkor#1521 on 1/24/2014 9:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
Added V1.4 as Swordplosism (what sort of titlename was that??, ...lol) has been renamed to SnG (ShocknadoGlass) and wrote an introduction at the start of this thread just right before the build details.

Reworked "How to Gear".

Updated "Vital Statistics". It's not included for me to be proud of myself but actually, is meant for every readers to realise the potential that can be achieved by this build.
Edited by MOBAjobg#6966 on 1/24/2014 5:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
I assume that the 10 APoC is concrete? No 8-9 APoC?

And have you tested it against Ubers solo?

And how often do you feel like GC may be hurting more than helping?

1) minimum, 9 APoC.
2) Yes
3) Crystal Shell to the rescue and so far, no problems encountered. Death is not an option anymore.
Edited by MOBAjobg#6966 on 1/24/2014 11:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
08/11/2013 03:56 AMPosted by MOBAjobg
2. Main Hand = Rare Sword that comes with % Damage, Intelligence, Critical Hit Damage, Life Steal, Increase Attack Speed and open socket

% damage+minmax takes 2 rolls, so you have to drop int if you want IAS on the weapon.

Also, just to help with the breakpoints, here's a link to a spreadsheet that has gear IAS requirements needed to reach breakpoints for weapons with various APS and IAS values:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569327950

I'd just paste the table for swords, but pasting tables on the forums doesn't work very well. If anyone is bored, feel free to copy and paste the sword part. I find the table very useful when planning my gearing.

The gist of the table is:
Weapon IAS/Gear IAS for 2.5 aps/2.73aps
8 / 66 / 81
9 / 64 / 79
10 / 63 / 78
11 / 61 / 76

So you need 81% IAS from gear to hit 2.73 APS with a 8% IAS sword, but you only need 76% if you can get an 11% IAS sword. For 2.5 APS you need considerably less.
Edited by Loroese#1415 on 1/24/2014 4:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/24/2014 04:32 PMPosted by Loroese
08/11/2013 03:56 AMPosted by MOBAjobg
2. Main Hand = Rare Sword that comes with % Damage, Intelligence, Critical Hit Damage, Life Steal, Increase Attack Speed and open socket

% damage+minmax takes 2 rolls, so you have to drop int if you want IAS on the weapon.

Also, just to help with the breakpoints, here's a link to a spreadsheet that has gear IAS requirements needed to reach breakpoints for weapons with various APS and IAS values:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8569327950

I'd just paste the table for swords, but pasting tables on the forums doesn't work very well. If anyone is bored, feel free to copy and paste the sword part. I find the table very useful when planning my gearing.

The gist of the table is:
Weapon IAS/Gear IAS for 2.5 aps/2.73aps
8 / 66 / 81
9 / 64 / 79
10 / 63 / 78
11 / 61 / 76

So you need 81% IAS from gear to hit 2.73 APS with a 8% IAS sword, but you only need 76% if you can get an 11% IAS sword. For 2.5 APS you need considerably less.

@Loroese

I'll slot in your table once I've figure out an appropriate place for it in the OP. Thanks for your contribution to make this build more complete and viable.
Edited by MOBAjobg#6966 on 1/24/2014 5:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
I believe in Moba. He is so meticulous with his gears.
but will your build only apply to a high end wiz?

sns at least has less demanding requirements than your sng build?

either way, good luck with your findings. I hope this is enlightening right before RoS.

and always awesome to see Loroese making contribution although most of the time I see him play WOW.
Reply Quote
01/24/2014 05:36 PMPosted by yodatoy
and always awesome to see Loroese making contribution although most of the time I see him play WOW.

Resubbed so had a lot to do. Lately I haven't done anything though, wow or D3. Getting used to working after being in school for so long takes some time. I'm still around, mostly, on occasion, at times, somewhat.

01/24/2014 05:30 PMPosted by MOBAjobg
Thanks for your contribution to make this build more complete and viable.

Always happy to help, when I have the time.
Edited by Loroese#1415 on 1/24/2014 6:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
Reply Quote
Anyone else think SnC (shocknadoCANNON!) would be better than SnG? I prefer the emphasis on cannon to glass, since the build likely has better mitigation due to crystal shell, so it's not really glassy.
Reply Quote
01/25/2014 09:25 AMPosted by Loroese
Anyone else think SnC (shocknadoCANNON!) would be better than SnG? I prefer the emphasis on cannon to glass, since the build likely has better mitigation due to crystal shell, so it's not really glassy.

Alrighty!, shocknadoCannon (SnC) it is!! Oh yeah.
Reply Quote
You can also get a Storm Crow with APoC in addition to CC, which can be helpful.
Reply Quote
01/28/2014 09:42 AMPosted by Ulianov465
You can also get a Storm Crow with APoC in addition to CC, which can be helpful.

Most insightful post ever.

AT least better then your period posts.
Reply Quote
01/28/2014 10:35 AMPosted by Boozor
Most insightful post ever.

AT least better then your period posts.

Sorry, I was trying to mark threads for later reading. Is there a better way to do that? I'm kinda new here.
Reply Quote
Nothing defeats a troll post better than a genuine apology. Your move Boozor, your move.
Reply Quote
01/28/2014 12:01 PMPosted by Ulianov465
Sorry, I was trying to mark threads for later reading. Is there a better way to do that? I'm kinda new here

Actually there is nothing wrong with what you are doing.

Maybe something along the lines of "marked for future reading", that can't be taken out of context.

As opposed to constantly see "." in posts, new and old ones.

Or you can remember the author?

01/28/2014 12:08 PMPosted by Melkor
Nothing defeats a troll post better than a genuine apology. Your move Boozor, your move.

Things to do today:

1) Unfriend Melkor
Reply Quote
Interestingly, I've only done that in three different posts, so you must have just gotten lucky (or unlucky) enough to run across all of them. Ah well. Thanks for your advice, although your tone does seem a bit sharp for a casual forum.

Cheers,

Ulianov
Reply Quote
01/28/2014 12:37 PMPosted by Ulianov465
Interestingly, I've only done that in three different posts, so you must have just gotten lucky (or unlucky) enough to run across all of them. Ah well. Thanks for your advice, although your tone does seem a bit sharp for a casual forum.

Cheers,

Ulianov

I'm being an a$$ because I was assuming your "." posts were troll attempts.

I apologize for my tone it was clearly misplaced.
Reply Quote
No hard feelings then, my assumptions were equally out of place and I apologize accordingly.
Edited by Ulianov465#1182 on 1/28/2014 12:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
My assumptions and tone were spot on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]