Diablo® III

ShocknadoCannon -The Definitive Guide

Wired - Question for you...

Say I play ROS for 6 months...Acquire enough gear to farm T6 on a couple or all of my characters. I then get bored with the game and offer to sell my account for some $$ amount.

Somebody buys my account and can now farm T6.

In your anti-capitalistic brain, am I a "reprehensible" "greedy" person for turning a profit from the hours invested?
Reply Quote
View profile
01/29/2014 01:13 PMPosted by Wired
Most murderers don't make the weapons they use to kill their victims. This in no way justifies or even mitigates remotely their actions.

Whatever buddy, you just keep on twisting reality into whatever fantasy world best validates your morals.

01/29/2014 01:25 PMPosted by Jaetch
Is he wrong for finding an item and listing it at a really high price because he wants to unload items he doesn't use?

Aw damn, self found flipping. Preemptive flipping? Just the tip flip?
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
01/29/2014 01:32 PMPosted by ChangBooster
01/29/2014 01:25 PMPosted by Jaetch
Is he wrong for finding an item and listing it at a really high price because he wants to unload items he doesn't use?

Aw damn, self found flipping. Preemptive flipping? Just the tip flip?

For reals.

I made like $12 so far selling Marquise plans I pick up in-game. I sold an IAS Chantodo's Will I looted several weeks ago for over 300M. I sold a 270 int, dex, double socket Depth Diggers I looted for 75M. I didn't buy them. I found them. And I sold them for high prices I didn't anticipate getting. But I bet whoever bought them thought they were worth it, otherwise why would they buy them?
Twitter: @Jaetch
Reply Quote
View profile
01/29/2014 01:27 PMPosted by Wired
I am now a 'Don'

Yes, you are a Don. You are a boss. You are such a boss that you quoted "Read this." and the vertical sentence from my post while completely ignoring the cabbage analogy that completely shredded (get it? shredded? cabbage? bahahahaha!) your entire argument. BAWS!
Reply Quote
01/29/2014 01:45 PMPosted by ChangBooster
Yes, you are a Don. You are a boss.

Perhaps I should have known better than to use old English words to a (mostly) young American audience.
Edited by Wired#2524 on 1/29/2014 1:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Oh man do I feel stupid. Oh wait, no one knows what the hell you are talking about.
Reply Quote
01/29/2014 01:48 PMPosted by Wired
01/29/2014 01:45 PMPosted by ChangBooster
Yes, you are a Don. You are a boss.

Perhaps I should have known better than to use old English words to a (mostly) young American audience.

You may be a Don ... Quixote of Diablo 3. I see it. Attack the windmills! They are depriving the masses of phat loot!
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
01/29/2014 02:02 PMPosted by jenpeezey
01/29/2014 01:48 PMPosted by Wired

You may be a Don ... Quixote of Diablo 3. I see it. Attack the windmills! They are depriving the masses of phat loot!

http://i.imgur.com/u9nTPs3.jpg

Reply Quote
Interested in hearing responses to pens and jaetchs posts.
Reply Quote
01/29/2014 01:22 PMPosted by Melkor
I am willing to boast that you could not reason your way out of a parking ticket in a live conversation against me. I invite you to come on Mumble tonight, just to have a friendly discussion with me. I will wager that you will not accept such a challenge - and I further wager that your reasoning for not accepting said challenge will be as sound as the rest of your reasoning these last weeks.

Touche indeed.

Wired isn't interesting in responding to anything, discussing anything, or even attempting to make any point. He's only interested in watching himself write, and vomit his superiority on the rest of the us, as Melkor so eloquently put it.

You guys are all completely wasting your time, and won't discover anything of interest, unless you find this tripe interesting somehow.
Reply Quote
01/29/2014 02:14 PMPosted by Jaetch
http://i.imgur.com/u9nTPs3.jpg

LOL. "Well, they might be giants! Those giants are stealing the gg!"

You guys are all completely wasting your time, and won't discover anything of interest, unless you find this tripe interesting somehow.

I quit reading Wired's rants in the older post ("AH Tycoon"). But I find his allusions silly. Next, he'll bring out the Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock to tell us he's grown old, wears his trousers rolled, we are too young, too American to understand him (old, European).
Reply Quote
01/29/2014 02:27 PMPosted by silverfire
Wired isn't interesting in responding to anything, discussing anything, or even attempting to make any point.

That says a lot about you, considering my numerous posts of literally thousands of words earlier this evening, elucidating, indeed detailing at length, my precise points, some of which were actually agreed with by others here also.

I'm not sure if you are genuinely ignorant, somewhat illiterate, or simply 'trolling'.

Either way, I'm done here. I think my point about the distinction between the sale of used goods at a loss versus buying items purely to re-list for a profit, either fell on deaf ears or is simply incomprehensible to the likes of yourself. And it saddens me to see the once-vibrant and thriving US wizard community descend into this bitter tittle-tattle and name calling and insult-hurling.

Way to go people. Despite my several attempts to bring this thread back on topic, you seem to be a cosy little group who bask in each other's glory and view any differing opinions as unwelcome and worthy of collective derision, regardless of merit.

It is also quite astonishing to me that so many of you US side, display an absolute inability to distinguish the difference between a corporate, capital environment of businessmen and women - to a game played for fun, largely by teens and young adults. I can only conclude that this is a cultural phenomenon (rather than just a few jaded individuals) as most of the EU forum community are perfectly able to seperate work and play and be motived by a desire for fun rather than endlessly chasing the dollar. Odd, but there we are. Tally Ho!
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III
View profile
"Once-vibrant and thriving?"

The U.S. wizard forum still enjoys the most activity out of all the classes across all the official D3 forums (US/EU/KR/TW).

:D
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 1/29/2014 3:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/29/2014 03:36 PMPosted by Wired
I'm not sure if you are genuinely ignorant, somewhat illiterate, or simply 'trolling'.

Most of the time I'm trolling, but not this time, you're a very rare case of someone who manages to fill my screen with words, yet manage to convey practically nothing of meaning, other than your disdain of certain people.

Here you are at it again.

I can only conclude that this is a cultural phenomenon (rather than just a few jaded individuals) as most of the EU forum community are perfectly able to seperate work and play and be motived by a desire for fun rather than endlessly chasing the dollar. Odd, but there we are. Tally Ho!

Whenever confronted on any specific points (as Melkor did a masterful job of), you skirt back to your usual cycle of spewing what is nonsense in my eyes. Your moral superiority. Their evilness. An ad hominem attack of any kind is no argument at all. You probably have upwards of 5000 words that can all be summed into a single phrase - "I am holier than thou." Impressing that upon us along with demeaning certain posters has been your agenda from the getgo.

Let's see you take Melkor up on his challenge, I'd tune in without a doubt.
Edited by silverfire#1855 on 1/29/2014 3:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
I can only conclude that this is a cultural phenomenon (rather than just a few jaded individuals) as most of the EU forum community are perfectly able to seperate work and play and be motived by a desire for fun rather than endlessly chasing the dollar. Odd, but there we are. Tally Ho!

Making assumptions again.

If you think we don't separate fun from actual work, you're mistaken again. Nobody here plays AH3 to make a living.

If anyone has confused a game and real life, look at yourself, Wired. You took what Boozor posted and got bent out of shape over a GAME, GG pixels that Blizzard owns. You want to discuss ethics of flipping? We don't own these gg game items or the gold, so we flipped NOTHING.
Reply Quote
If you enjoy your own company by playing solo games, consider letting the Scoundrel to come along "for-the-ride".

Go and craft a vit Hellfire ring that has Ias and Cc. Make sure to equip a Buriza-Do Kaynon and etc (see the profile of my wizard's scoundrel for an idea or two). Get lots of Vitality, max Las and some LoH for the Scoundrel to ensure survivability.
Edited by MOBAjobg#6966 on 1/29/2014 11:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
So lets talk some numbers.

Doly, Melk, block your ears cosine its time for some good ol critical thinking.

1) You have ~64000 elite kills
2) This is roughly 3 times the amount of kills I have
3) I've played for roughly 700 hours.
4) You have been playing d3 for about 2000 hours.
5) In all the time I have played, I picked up ~150M gold.
6) You have picked up likely somewhere in the ball park of ~450M gold.
7) I have found about 1b worth in gear. This includes a manticore which sold for 700m. This is quite unlikely, so subbing it out, I venture you have maybe found 500M worth in gear. Lets say 550 to keep my numbers simple.
8) Marquise gems cost about 80m a piece.
9) Using just the gold you (likely) found by pickup and gear, you could have purchased ~13 marques gems (caveat, I know nothing about a time where gems cost less than 10E8M gold. I gather you have not picked up the requisite gems for crafting... I'm pretty sure Melkor can confirm that's almost impossible)
10) You have 19 such gems equipped.
11) This costs around 500M Gold.
12) Your gear is very good. I am not quite well versed on most items, but eye ball says your total net worth before ros hype would be something like 250M a char (without gems)...but this is just a wild guess. Could be way off.
13) Let's assume I am right tho: Given: you acquired ~1b in gold in game, and your net worth is something like 2.5B.
14) I take this as extremely strong evidence that you have used the auction house to purchase gold or items. I'm about 93% confident.... I won't bore you with the math details of how I got there.

Thus I can confidently state that you knowingly support a system which you abhor, contributing to the very botters and flippers you disdain. Conjecture: EVERY piece of your non crafted gear was found by a botters' bot (just because the vast majority of all gear was found by such a method). You claim to hate a certain class of players, and yet, your actions enable them. Is this not a prime example of the concept "hypocrite"? (You certainly cannot blame The system, i.e, Blizzard for the actions of these people or else you would need to excuse them; a proposition which has has been made clear to us is unacceptable to you.)
Edited by Eciton#1637 on 1/29/2014 10:50 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hehehe

-dolynick
Reply Quote
Nice post Eciton!
Reply Quote
01/29/2014 02:27 PMPosted by silverfire

True story: last night, I got a migraine attack halfway through my next reply. At that point I was reminded of Jen's post, closed the page, and went dead to the world for 14 hours.

MOBAjobg: my apologies for contributing to the complete derailment of this thread. Maybe you could ask the mods to split off these posts into thread of their own?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]