Diablo® III

ShocknadoCannon -The Definitive Guide

01/29/2014 10:28 PMPosted by Eciton
Thus I can confidently state that you knowingly support a system which you abhor, contributing to the very botters and flippers you disdain.

Not sure who you're addressing here, but you surely appreciate that being forced to use an auction house (for end game gear) that may be manipulated and abused for $ profits - does NOT denote any approval or condoning of the behaviour of the players that conduct said abuses.

If anything it only adds to the frustration that so many feel, about being forced to use an auction house that clearly has such blatant abuses tolerated by Blizzard.

OK, I really think that's done the AH debate to death, and is my last comment about it.

You either understand the distinction I made between my sales of old gear at a loss being different from flippers buying purely to sell for profits, or you don't. I think the point is crystal clear, but you will have to look to your own values and standards to see where your own opinions lie.

As a final note, I should say that it saddens me that the US wizard forum seems to have degenerated into a group of 6-8 regular posters who seem full of hostility and vitriol towards any who have differing opinions or dare to criticise their beloved flipping activities. Petty self-congratulation and approval of each other's posts versus any 'outsider'. Even to go as far as point-scoring posts (milkor) hardly makes for a healthy debate of contentious issues. I guess it's a mute point now as thankfully the AH and all it's benefits or drawbacks will be removed in a few short weeks - which was the actual reason for my first post in this thread.

I would hope that future debates and opinions are regarding WIZARD CLASS, and none of this divisive AH stuff need rear it's ugly head again.

As I spend my limited D3 play time on the PTR now, trying new synergies and with my Cow (Moo) clan - I'll concentrate further comments to those forums where my opinions seem to be valued and welcome, and those who may have differing views know how to express themselves in a mature and reasoned way.

Wired - over and out
Edited by Wired#2524 on 1/30/2014 4:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 04:40 AMPosted by Wired
As a final note, I should say that it saddens me that the US wizard forum seems to have degenerated into a group of 6-8 regular posters who seem full of hostility and vitriol towards any who have differing opinions or dare to criticise their beloved flipping activities.

Au contraire,

"But the peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error."

-John Stuart Mill

Love me some JSM... right JellzRoc?

I missed yesterday events, but was caught up to speed through modern technology. Thanks for the camera vid Melkor, but why in black in white? oh wells...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evx_Ps85yu8
Reply Quote
01/29/2014 10:45 PMPosted by Aphraell
Nice post Eciton!

It was.

Reading it was like watching him pull off his yarmulke and smack him across the face with it.

I went to bed chuckling.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 07:26 AMPosted by dolynick
yarmulke

I don't care if this is the proper spelling of this word. I abhor it.
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 08:07 AMPosted by Melkor

Awww... And I even went to the trouble of looking up the correct spelling of it just so I wouldn't offend you by butchering it.

Can't win for trying.

-dolynick
Edited by dolynick#1290 on 1/30/2014 8:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 08:25 AMPosted by dolynick
01/30/2014 08:07 AMPosted by Melkor

Awww... And I even went to the trouble of looking up the correct spelling of it just so I wouldn't offend you by butchering it.

Can't win for trying.

-dolynick

Oh well now I just feel terribad :( Nope. Still hate the word. Do love you though, Doly :)
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 08:34 AMPosted by Melkor
Oh well now I just feel terribad :( Nope. Still hate the word. Do love you though, Doly :)

No worries.

I figured you, of all people, would see the humor in a jewish person using an accounting analysis (of gem values in D3 no less) to challenge someone.

Apologies if the word is distasteful to you (I'm sure I don't understand why, but fair enough). It was just the first icon that came to mind.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
Annnd I'm about to get written up for being on the forums at work.

Damn you Changbooster! I hope you get mashed and covered in cheddar cheese and butter and sour cream and bacon bits.
Reply Quote
Damnit Chang...

Now I want french fries for lunch.

dfjdsfjk vshdhkgj!

-dolynick
Reply Quote
^

LMAO
Reply Quote
01/30/2014 09:03 AMPosted by Melkor
Annnd I'm about to get written up for being on the forums at work.

Feature request: spreadsheet-like interface for the forums.
Reply Quote
It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that the background is black. When my boss enters the room and I have that moment where I must click off the screen, the luminosity gives me away I think...
Reply Quote
As a final note, I should say that it saddens me that the US wizard forum seems to have degenerated into a group of 6-8 regular posters who seem full of hostility and vitriol towards any who have differing opinions or dare to criticise their beloved flipping activities.

I sort of agree with you. respect the difference in opinion.

Wired - over and out

Honestly, you are the best thing that happened in US forum. I like reading your comments. please continue.
Reply Quote
Yodatoy, you are the trollest troll of all the trolls.
Reply Quote
Not sure who you're addressing here, but you surely appreciate that being forced to use an auction house (for end game gear) that may be manipulated and abused for $ profits - does NOT denote any approval or condoning of the behaviour of the players that conduct said abuses.

You do know there are guilds that play self found only, yes? Why not join up with one of them? It seems, for as strongly opinionated as you are against the AH, that you yourself would be leading the efforts of the self-found and marching against all that is evil such as boozor by boasting your delicious crafts and drops...

If you truly despise the AH and the reprehensible that use it to their own advantage then why even play D3?

By even using the AH you are negating any argument you've ever stated.....But why? Is D3 the only game you will ever play? Is the gaming world so depleted in variety that you are hand-cuffed, bound-and-gagged and forced to play this game you hate so much?

You are coming off VERY hypocritical and your convictions are scarce.
Reply Quote
P.S. you never answered my question on the previous page? Maybe you missed it? Maybe you chose to ignore it?
Reply Quote
Edit: I posted in the wrong thread..recently, my iPhone will pick a random post and put my response in there... This entry was to chang regarding fire bonuses lol
Edited by Melkor#1521 on 2/2/2014 7:59 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/29/2014 06:55 AMPosted by yodatoy
Australian?

American
Reply Quote
Bumperoni Sandwich. Wired, your response is still requested from Pens' question on the previous page?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]