Diablo® III

Ultra Budget CM/WW Guide [WEEKLY GIVE AWAYS]

Hey MrDuMa,

Thank you for this guide. I started out with 500K gold coming out of Hell, and slowly put together a workable MP5 set based (mostly) on this guide. I'm on the "second side-grade" on most of the pieces at this point.

I got lucky (I think) and found the 1.78 APS Chantodo's for 300K on buyout. Not sure if I should stick with this wand and go for the 3.01 break point, or drop to a 1.65 OS wand.

Wondering if you have any thoughts on where to go next.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
MVP - Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
10/21/2013 11:54 AMPosted by Paron
I got lucky (I think) and found the 1.78 APS Chantodo's for 300K on buyout.

Wahoo! I have to imagine that being an awesome deal. I haven't been looking at that end of the market in awhile, but that has to be a mistake, no? Good luck for you, doubly.

Now, not only do you have a nice wand, but you can get to 2.73 with only six 9 IAS items...which you already have! rings, gloves, chest, belt, and Force. You can drop Lacunis for rare bracers, or even better, crafted bracers. gg. Just roll bracers that have CC and AR and you can drop the lacunis. Win.

I don't really think getting to 3.01 is a huge deal, .... it would mean a trifecta ammy, for starters. That's gonna punish your other stats. Now, the 6x9IAS trick is cool, (since it means rare bracers and only a defecta ammy) but does mean that you're always locked into 9 IAS pieces. So, taht's the drawback.

I rode a 1200 DPS 1.79 wand all the way to 230k DPS or something. No need for OS, which means lacunis and trifecta ammy as well. Stick with what you have now, but concentrate on 2.73 breakpoint.
Reply Quote
The author wishes to inform all lurkers, superposters, newbies, pros and yodatoy alike that the giveaway is postponed for and will resume in a week's time. Thank you!
Reply Quote
Back from my recent suspension.

I'll have another set up in a day or two... I'll be changing the rules very slightly for this give away so there isn't such a long wait.

Also, I know Amos is heaps busy so he might not be able to do his give away any time soon but GoSuPanda should be ready and willing to give away his set.

A couple of my items did cost a bit more than I expected but a couple others were amazingly cheap (starting and ending on the default opening bid... GG Mr Seller person) like a 70 AR+, 4 CC Lacuni for 4k gold. Great value can be found if you have a bit of patience.
Reply Quote
OK... so almost a week later, I finally got around to it and built my next give away set.

I will update details very soon in the OP.

For some reason, d3up isn't adjusting my stats for paragon levels. Whenever I change it from 0, 1 or 100, it still stays the same :(

Anyway, here is the stats: http://d3up.com/b/1188619

Ignore the skills, I was running Meteor the last time I was playing.

The price is getting lower and lower too! Here is the list of items and it's price:

Storm Crow (helm): 41,137
Swift Strand (amulet): 1,787
Vile Ward (shoulders): 3,868
Tasker and Theo (gloves): 4,159
Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit (chest): 3,949
Lacuni Prowler (bracer): 3,131
Blackthorne's Jousting Mail (pants): 23,416
Natalya's Reflection (ring): 30,000
Witching Hour (belt): 50,000
Foe's Testimony (ring): 115,763
Natalya's Bloody Footprints (boots): 10,000
Chantodo's Will (weapon): 70,000
Chantodo's Force (off hand): 120,000

Total price: 471,264!

Price does not include the gems.. I had a spare perfect square emerald so that gives it an extra 10% CD as well.

Will include the give away details later tonight!
Reply Quote
Back from my recent suspension.

I'll have another set up in a day or two... I'll be changing the rules very slightly for this give away so there isn't such a long wait.

Also, I know Amos is heaps busy so he might not be able to do his give away any time soon but GoSuPanda should be ready and willing to give away his set.

A couple of my items did cost a bit more than I expected but a couple others were amazingly cheap (starting and ending on the default opening bid... GG Mr Seller person) like a 70 AR+, 4 CC Lacuni for 4k gold. Great value can be found if you have a bit of patience.

Yep, I have 2 sets ready for giveaway :).
Reply Quote
GoSuPanda, mate! Like my new set? I'm sure either I'm stuffing up or d3up isn't calculating my build at paragon 0 since it says 300% MF/GF, so I'm not exactly sure what my stats should actually look like.

Currently it's 83k DPS, 250k EHP, 2.73 BP, 52 CC, 795 LoH and 85.78 mit... but as I said, I'm sure that's at paragon 100.

Also, where are the stats for your third set? Must've missed it scrolling back :(
Reply Quote
I have: http://d3up.com/b/1066253/budget-2-73-aps-cm-wiz
and: http://d3up.com/b/1136177/2-73-mp5-budget-wiz-2
to giveaway.
Reply Quote
Thanks, I'll update the OP when I get home.

I think I'll just have a question and the first to get it right, wins the set. Not sure if I should make it related to the build, forum, players or something completely random. Could be a little fun though.

Are you still sticking with a RNG? Seems that not many players are looking for these sets anymore :(
Reply Quote
Hello!

Just started playing again yesterday for the first time since January because I have friends playing on a console system and it piqued my interest once more.

All I've ever really played was a wizard, and my junk gear has be spamming hydras and blizzards currently. It'd be nice to try another build, but I lack the time and the gold to put something viable together.

Long story short, add me to the drawing please. :)

Thanks,

Max Jerome
Reply Quote
Thanks, I'll update the OP when I get home.

I think I'll just have a question and the first to get it right, wins the set. Not sure if I should make it related to the build, forum, players or something completely random. Could be a little fun though.

Are you still sticking with a RNG? Seems that not many players are looking for these sets anymore :(

Nah, pretty much whoever wants the set can have it, first come first serve.
Reply Quote
I'm thinking of creating a queue system for building sets rather than having players "bid" for them.

I'm thinking about making them once per week (maybe more frequent if the requests come often enough). The only option I will give the players will be which APS they want to run at with EHP and mit being whatever I can get at the time within budget (probably about 1m per set). DPS will probably never exceed 100k DPS unbuffed unless I find some crazy awesome deals on weapons.

Just wondering if players would be more interested in that setup or not.
Reply Quote
Hey man i'm going to put my set up as its' own give away hopefully get some people interested in the big flashey free give away set logo on the front.

It's been sitting around for a while now and i just want people to have fun with it while they can so i'm going to put it in it's own thread to hopefully find someone who wants it and clear my stash space for more heart potions or something.

anyway cheerz dude catch you round
Reply Quote
No problems, mate.

It's been really slow lately. Don't know if there's no interest, people are decently geared after reading this guide or if people just don't care. If there is no interest, I could probably just stop this for a while.

In any case, thanks for all your help, Amos.
Reply Quote
View profile
I gave away 2 sets last week....no problem finding takers.

...just give away better sets, mate. You'll get more interest that way.
Reply Quote
I gave away 2 sets last week....no problem finding takers.

...just give away better sets, mate. You'll get more interest that way.

I see lack of interest coming from a few things and why you got a few bites really quickly...

1) Making new threads with "Give away set" as the title. I don't want to do that for every single set I give away.
2) As silly as it is, a green poster gets more attention. I'm just a lowly Aussie with meager gears to give away :( Also, everyone loves PieHole!
3) Building better sets is possible... but I wanna do it within budget otherwise it'll defeat the purpose of this very thread.

Maybe I should give you the sets to give away :p

That will fix everything!
Reply Quote
omg i just had a radical idea

post give away sets in general!

call it a social experiment in retardation if you will... would be funny to see what happens when people critique it and go mental at a very decent free hand out lol.
Reply Quote
hahaha I posted this thread in there and got a few bites but at the time, self found was still a hot topic and it got buried within an hour or two.
Reply Quote
View profile
11/13/2013 10:50 PMPosted by MrDuMa
Building better sets is possible... but I wanna do it within budget otherwise it'll defeat the purpose of this very thread.

Haha. Yeah, I know. I was just busting on you. Did you see the post where I said I needed to troll you harder? I'm just getting warmed up. Lol
Reply Quote
11/14/2013 06:55 AMPosted by PieHole
Building better sets is possible... but I wanna do it within budget otherwise it'll defeat the purpose of this very thread.

Haha. Yeah, I know. I was just busting on you. Did you see the post where I said I needed to troll you harder? I'm just getting warmed up. Lol

lol.. this guy...

You need to find a way where it's just a flat out insult or something with no logical response haha
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]