Diablo® III

Ultra Budget CM/WW Guide [WEEKLY GIVE AWAYS]

Hello.

I played for a short while on EU, but now am on US (lag issues, moved for a friend).

While I had a Wiz on EU I really had no idea what I was doing with it, and I was hoping to expand my knowledge and horizons as a Wiz now.

Was at lvl 52, but having read this thread I went crazy levelling so I'm at 60 now.

I hope you will consider me for the draw!

Thanks.
Reply Quote
Hello.

I played for a short while on EU, but now am on US (lag issues, moved for a friend).

While I had a Wiz on EU I really had no idea what I was doing with it, and I was hoping to expand my knowledge and horizons as a Wiz now.

Was at lvl 52, but having read this thread I went crazy levelling so I'm at 60 now.

I hope you will consider me for the draw!

Thanks.

No problems, mate!

It could be a couple of weeks before any sets go.. but I might do a short one week contest for my set if I get enough players entering.

And yeah, understanding the build you are running is so important. It's the only reason why I can build these sets for so cheap.
Reply Quote
So i tried the Sleet Storm build and it is fun but I had to come back to your build MrDuMa haha.. just too expensive to gear for other builds.. I am having a hard time finding better gear for my budget now aswell for WW/CM.. stuck for now until i have more gold, or until the AH is gone haha

Thanks again for all the help MrDuMa and Amos, if you have any other advice I am all ears!
Reply Quote
Hey mate,
My wiz is a lowly 52 atm, because I don't see the point of finishing it off till it has a decent start set waiting, so im out of the draw xD
But! being a fellow aussie was wondering if I can bug you this weekend and get a set sorted? I have around 800k gold.
Reply Quote
Krestrel, why not jump in one of my games and we can speed you to 60 in no time at all?

i hope to have this weekend free if you want to look at some gears
Reply Quote
That'd be awesome! im off to bed for now 6am start tomorrow then 2 nights shifts then free Friday thru to Tues
Reply Quote
I'm a newer Diablo 3 player and I found this thread earlier today. This is an excellent guide. I've decided to attempt this with my 1.75m currently leveling the wiz. I've got a 60(10) wd but I started playing this wizard and have had a really great time running her through the game. I don't really like to be power leveled. =S Again I appreciate this thread and will be definitely trying to spy the AH this evening with the given parameters in mind.
Reply Quote
Krestel
If Amos isn't around, I can always help speed you through. I have some exp gear you can borrow to make things even quicker. Shouldn't really take any more than 30 minutes.

I usually get home around 11pm~12midnight anyway so should be good timing.

As for the players who have entered so far, I'll set my give away set to this Saturday GMT-whenever-I-wake-up-oclock.

So far the players entered are ABauer91, Veckincile, Deleuzian and Krestel. The ones who don't win will automatically go into GoSuPanda and Amos' draws. I will then post in General Discussion since this is this give away isn't really generating much interest at the moment.

Ujeye
Thanks, mate. The guide was pretty fun to write up since it was pretty much me a few months back before I knew anything about break points etc.. I read PieHole's guide and only took in what I thought was important... function then survival. Gearing isn't about gold, it's about knowing what you absolutely need first then bargain hunting with those in mind.

Glad you could make use of the information!
Edited by MrDuMa#1541 on 9/24/2013 5:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Hey MrDuMa,
I won't enter but was wondering if you could help me hunt better gear? I can pay.. have around 6 mil atm.. which is the most I've ever had haha.

If not it's all good, your guide has helped tremendously!
Reply Quote
Well, we can't really check AH now, so I'll just see where you're lacking in general..

So you've met the requirements APS/CC requirements. Your armor is pretty good as well but your AR is really low. First thing you should upgrade is your BT pants. Get 60AR+ ones with double Vit if you can. I won a pair on bids that had double Vit for 20k or something.. that's a steal for the EHP you gain.

See if you can get AR on your rare or Nat's ring. The rare should keep the IAS/CC but drop the CD. Your EHP is really suffering from lack of AR so letting the DPS slip a bit is inevitable at your budget. As for Nat's, maybe just go for AR with armor/Vit/Life% if possible. When I say AR, go for at least 50AR. There are bargains out there so long as you're not looking for CC/CD.. just you gotta be a little patient.

The next piece would be your Viles.. has zero Vit/Life%. Making up Vit with amethyst gems is something that'll keep your bogged down in whatever MP you are running. For now, you just need to survive and farm at your own pace.

Another slot you can gain Vit is your Chanto's Force... Int/Vit is what you want, though that Str roll is contributing to your 4k armor.. more Vit might be better if you can get a decent roll, but again, you may lose DPS.

The last slots are your gloves and amulet. I only left those last because the CD rolls on them are among the highest in your gear set. Removing the CD there would dramatically decrease your DPS.

This is where it'll start costing you a little more per upgrade because it's getting versions of what you already have. It's pretty much where I'm stuck as well. Keep farming and making minor sales to build up your bank and hopefully you'll get a decent drop that'll sell for a substantial amount.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
So i have been looking for a build that could take me past MP3 as the one i have now, i love, but just wont kill fast enough for me. I also strongly dislike archon builds, so i guess CM is my only other choice lol. What key parts of my gear would i need to change to switch over to CM/WW?
Reply Quote
APS and CC. The break points are 2.31, 2.51, 2.73 and 3.01. Personally, I don't recommend 2.31APS. I do recommend 2.73APS, but at least 2.51 is doable. 3.01 is out of the 1.5m price range since you have very very little survivability i.e. it's not worth it.

I suggest reading the OP for more information. It doesn't discuss the differences between CM/WW with any other build, it just goes over what you need at the bare minimum.
Reply Quote
looks like I have some reading to do with 7 pages :P
Reply Quote
Just the first post is sufficient since I have updated the OP accordingly with changes.

If you do have a bigger budget to work with, check out PieHole's SNS guide. It's a lot more in depth and you'll understand the intricacies of the build a lot better.

If you're just testing and don't mind spending around 1m, just go with this guide :p
Reply Quote
Just the first post is sufficient since I have updated the OP accordingly with changes.

If you do have a bigger budget to work with, check out PieHole's SNS guide. It's a lot more in depth and you'll understand the intricacies of the build a lot better.

If you're just testing and don't mind spending around 1m, just go with this guide :p

will need to get that much gold but will try to get there :P
Reply Quote
Hi Murderma, I've sent you a friend request. I got a few spare parts to donate/giveaway, but I don't have the time to organize this great giveaways as you do, so I can give all to you so you can organize more giveaways.

The friend request limits the text to 125 chars, so I thought to post it here.

I got a bunch of triumvirates, some chantodo wands and some blackthorne pants, I guess. No CC stormcrow, though. :(

Let me know if you're interested.

Sorry for the intrusion, though. :)
Reply Quote
Hi Murderma, I've sent you a friend request. I got a few spare parts to donate/giveaway, but I don't have the time to organize this great giveaways as you do, so I can give all to you so you can organize more giveaways.

The friend request limits the text to 125 chars, so I thought to post it here.

I got a bunch of triumvirates, some chantodo wands and some blackthorne pants, I guess. No CC stormcrow, though. :(

Let me know if you're interested.

Sorry for the intrusion, though. :)

Thanks for the offer, mate, but whatever sets I build for the give aways will all be from AH. Getting a mid tier item and plugging it into a budget build defeats the purpose of keeping it low budget.

[b]ATGOWTWT[b/] also made a similar offer but it doesn't really work with the budget theme. If I do get a bit more interest in this, I might be able to build a monthly set based on items I receive from others though. It'll have better stats etc... could be a fun project.
Reply Quote
^No problem, I'll seek to put the donations on the "donated legendaries" thread though. :)
Reply Quote
Great thread. Having just come back to the game after a long break, budget is an issue, and your article is quite helpful to know what items to look for. Two questions, in looking at my gear, which piece would you reccomend I upgrade first. Second, as budget is an issue, where do you believe is the best place to farm items/gold? Thanks.
Reply Quote
To be honest, it's really difficult to make one change at a time since you won't benefit hugely from any one piece at budget. What is your current budget?

Check out Sir Melkor's Gold Farming Guide here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8178677899

You can make quite a bit of gold, but it is tedious with a lot of teleports back to town. You will see returns, but they will take a while.. but then again, it's not hard to farm 1m gold.

My current give away set was put together with 788k gold. Pretty sure most people can farm that much gold via vendoring every single blue/yellow item they find in a few hours maybe? Most items are between 1~2k gold... hmm.. you might even be able to do it in a couple of hours.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]