Diablo® III

How to EPIC Fail on a Competition - I.H.W.P

The Rules:

- Must main a wiz. This is the easiest way to qualify. We can’t start making exceptions all over the place it’s just too difficult.

- Must be on MP10

- 200 mil entry fee per team – 2nd place gets their entry money back. 1st place takes the rest of the entry fees PLUS 4 lines in “Critical Mass A Love Story Part IV” by our very own Celebrity Melkor. Winning team also gets to divvy up all legs collected during recording by all losing teams. (2nd place team does not have to surrender their legs collected.)

All profit earned by winning team will be 100% donated back to the wizard community - We have a lot of awesome AH3 players out there. Hoping someone will step up and build a nice SNS set for a newcomer.

- 1 gear set per player allowed for entire competition – no switching (skills can be changed for each competition but not during)

- No leaving games to reset anything

- Deaths do not count against time BUT any player that dies MUST be resurrected by a teammate – you cannot res and flag to group.

- Times begin when you enter click accept on uber battles or when you enter the realm in question (i.e. entering FOS).

- Draft process will determine teams – a trusted person not participating in the event will draw names of captains for draft order 1-7. (7 so far).

- Recordings must show your gear or 1 person streaming can inspect the other 3 players to show their gear. In the event all 4 players have crap computers and no one can record we’ll discuss a work-a-round.

- The last place team must end each forum post they make with a compliment to any random wizard forum-goer for 1 full calendar month.

- All legs collected during recording must be saved and put in stash to give to winner.

The Competitions:

1. AVG time of 3 full uber runs (all 3 fights) - This is a one shot deal so practice up. Once you open the first portal the time starts and stops when the last boss dies. You do not get to do 50 uber runs and pick the best 3.

2. VOTA essence run – Most DE’s collected in 30 minutes. This is the total of DE’s added up amongst the 4 players.

3. Fields of slaughter – 15 minutes most legs collected amongst team wins.

4. A3 keywarden run – Fastest time wins - You can do as may runs as you want and submit 1 time. You can take any path you want but you must have 5 stacks and get a key.

5. Silver Spire 2 (full clear must kill everything). – Test of mit - The fastest time wins.

Note: This is a competition for fun and the honor system should be respected. We all know each other and do not want this to turn into any debate over times, gear, who wins, etc. If you miss an invisible snake we’re not going to DQ you so don’t worry. Follow the rules – please do not scrutinize every detail. If you have objections or questions ask Yoda or myself. We’ll do our best to clarify the rules or adjust them as necessary to better the competition but what is posted is more or less set in stone.

Captains:

Yoda
Pensfan
Jaetch
Boozor
Malaki
Peterbiz
Kiza

Note: If any stated captain above has commitment issues going forward – after the draft they can select one of their team members to captain for them in their absence.

Participants:

Pensfan Kiza
Yoda Peterbiz
Jaetch Malaki
Lameboi Anointedone
Juicehouse Piehole
Vikesfan353 Darshu
Bukizzle
Gcanum
Enremeit
Dolynick
Melkor
Hales
Junger
Void
Boozor
Toma
Grimdigital
Amos
Paranoyed
Joemammy

Note: This list is being populated from the “who’s in” thread I posted earlier today. Please post in that thread and this list will be kept up to date.

Order of draft drawing will be determined later this coming week. Actual draft TBD.

Ok my brain hurts it's time for a drink......
Edited by pensfan080#1647 on 9/30/2013 9:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/10/2013 07:54 PMPosted by pensfan080
Ok my brain hurts it's time for a drink......

dang I drank the last beer last night. T_T.

Bump and Pens get A+ for effort.

The best part about this competition is:
1st place takes the rest of the entry fees PLUS 4 lines in “Critical Mass A Love Story Part IV” by our very own Celebrity Melkor.

thanks to Melkor for doing this. Can we get like 8 lines???!?!? =)
Reply Quote
awesome.
i'm pretty stoked.
as far as draft goes: what people can expect from me is in my profile. i'll be running this set most likely. only swap would be to my huge mit belt if i decide to do it last minute.. most likely tho.. this set in profile (no scoundrel).

i'll be running sub 300k, mit sns freeze monkey. <3
Reply Quote
- The last place team must end each forum post with the signature “We are the losing team in the all-star competition” for 1 full calendar month.

Let's not do that. This competition is meant to be fun, not an opportunity to haze people.

- 200 mil entry fee per team – 2nd place gets their entry money back. 1st place takes the rest of the entry fees PLUS 4 lines in “Critical Mass A Love Story Part IV” by our very own Celebrity Melkor. Winning team also gets to divvy up all legs collected during recording by all losing teams. (2nd place team does not have to surrender their legs collected.)

Why are we gambling? Shouldn't this be just a bragging rights kind of competition? If people are going to actually lose something from the competition, why bother participating? Also, I honestly think legendaries/sets looted during the competition should be given to the winning team to give away to the community (IDed or unIDed). No one should be using this competition as a means to physically gain something. That just increases the likelihood of people cheating. Not saying anyone here is like that, but I rather not give any team any incentive whatsoever to employ underhanded tactics.
Reply Quote

good free agency pitch. otherwise, a solid wiz.
Reply Quote
08/10/2013 07:58 PMPosted by yodatoy
thanks to Melkor for doing this. Can we get like 8 lines???!?!? =)

Yep I want to win now just for this!!!!!

08/10/2013 08:03 PMPosted by lameboi
i'm pretty stoked.

ME TOO!!!!
Reply Quote
How are we keeping track of collected Legs?

Very much an honor system type deal here?

Also, beyond the ubers (which is one chance only) the other events will be best recorded?

Looks like a scavenger hunt hehe
Reply Quote

good free agency pitch. otherwise, a solid wiz.

what are you running yoda? :D color me curious. im actually going to run my mit bt's for the comp.. going to swap into them for practice.. my goal: not 1 death for entire competition.
Reply Quote
Again, I do not support the fact that 5 out of 7 teams will be losing gold, even if it's pocket change to most of us. Zero support for hazing.

I propose each individual player take screenshots whenever a legendary drops on their screen, similar to pichapie's Iron Farmer challenges. That way we know it actually dropped during the run (via star on the map) and not hoarded as an unID legendary prior to the competition. Images can be shared in a thread somewhere after the round as proof.

Please change the entry fee and distribution of legendaries. Remove the hazing of the last place team. Items really should go to the community as this competition is for the community.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 8/10/2013 8:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/10/2013 08:09 PMPosted by Boozor

very important. and Boozor, I trust you.

08/10/2013 08:07 PMPosted by Jaetch
Why are we gambling? Shouldn't this be just a bragging rights kind of competition? If people are going to actually lose something from the competition, why bother participating? Also, I honestly think legendaries/sets looted during the competition should be given to the winning team to give away to the community (IDed or unIDed). No one should be using this competition as a means to physically gain something. That just increases the likelihood of people cheating. Not saying anyone here is like that, but I rather not give any team any incentive whatsoever to employ underhanded tactics.

again, honor system. If I didn't trust you guys, then this competition won't be around. 200M per team is like 50M per player. Isn't that like 1c???
Reply Quote
Remove the entry fee.
Reply Quote
How are we keeping track of collected Legs?Very much an honor system type deal here?

How about when a non-recording team member gets a drop, he has to link it to party chat so it gets recorded by the streamer/recorder. If it is not linked during the run, it doesn't count.
Reply Quote
08/10/2013 08:11 PMPosted by Jaetch
Again, I do not support the fact that 5 out of 7 teams will be losing gold, even if it's pocket change to most of us. Zero support for hazing.

If we said, 1B/person then it would be a different story. At first pens wanted 200M/person and I said just make it 200M per team. How about instead, 4 Radiant Topaz per team to symbolize that we are wizzes?

let's go by consensus. I don't mind no entrance fee/no entrance R. Topaz. but if we have 90% consensus by the community that entrance fee is acceptable at 200M/team, then it should be allowed.
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 8/10/2013 8:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
@Pens & Yoda

- Draft process will determine teams – a trusted person not participating in the event will draw names of captains for draft order 1-7. (7 so far).

Does that mean we can't form a team of our own? Charlatan, Akuma(knighttan), Yems, Liquid & myself are thinking of forming a team since we are in the same D3 FB group & most imptly same timezone.
Edited by XFactor#1647 on 8/10/2013 8:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Posted by pensfan080- The last place team must end each forum post with the signature “We are the losing team in the all-star competition” for 1 full calendar month.
Let's not do that. This competition is meant to be fun, not an opportunity to haze people.

It could be changed so that the losing team has to sign their posts with something nice to say about the winning team or one of it's members instead? Takes the self-denigration out of it.

-dolynick
Reply Quote
I don't get why there has to be a reward other than bragging rights. If there's a reward (I don't care what kind of reward it is), you risk people playing for fun. There's a prize. If there's one thing that was spot on for the 5 Kingdoms Challenge is that there are no rewards for the winning team other than the distribution of gear to their community. We're not shelling out gold to build from scratch, but we are winning something. Do not include a physical prize. The reward is bragging rights and the right to give away gear to the community.

Let me add this. By including a prize for the winning team, you're alienating people who do want to participate, but never get drafted. They have zero chance at getting a prize, whatever it may be.
Edited by Jaetch#1861 on 8/10/2013 8:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Does that mean we can't form a team of our own? Charlatan, Akuma, Yems, Liquid & myself are thinking of forming a team since we are in the same D3 FB group.

We might give you guys an exception since you guys are singapore wizzes. Same goes to Malakai though he can draft Gendahar, Moridin if he wishes.
Reply Quote
08/10/2013 08:17 PMPosted by Jaetch
I don't get why there has to be a reward other than bragging rights. If there's a reward (I don't care what kind of reward it is), you risk people playing for fun. There's a prize. If there's one thing that was spot on for the 5 Kingdoms Challenge is that there are no rewards for the winning team other than the distribution of gear to their community. We're not shelling out gold to build from scratch, but we are winning something. No physical prize. The reward is bragging rights and the right to give away gear to the community.

With commissioner's approval, I guess just being in Melkor's 4th rap is more than good enough. Let me talk to commissioner.
Reply Quote
Does that mean we can't form a team of our own? Charlatan, Akuma, Yems, Liquid & myself are thinking of forming a team since we are in the same D3 FB group.

Nope team forming - The draft process is the bulk of the fun - otherwise we'd all just be playing with the same guys/girls we play with every night.

Yep - very much so. If you get too much into detail then the fun aspect of it goes out the window.

Also, beyond the ubers (which is one chance only) the other events will be best recorded?

Yes

08/10/2013 08:13 PMPosted by Jaetch
Remove the entry fee.

If any of my draftees cannot pay i'll pay my teams entry fee. I think adding a fee and turning that into money for the community is a nice touch. Someone could volunteer to build sets with it and give them away.

We can remove the "hazing" part but we thought it was a funny touch. Maybe instead of saying they are the losing team they have to say something nice about one of the forum members with every post they make (at the end).
Reply Quote
I think adding a fee and turning that into money for the community is a nice touch. Someone could volunteer to build sets with it and give them away.

You never stated that in the OP. From what it looked like, winning team KEEPS the gold and the loot. If you say the winning team collects all the entry gold and puts 100% of it back into the community (building sets or giving gold away), then I fully support it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]