Diablo® III

Diablo 3 xbox/ps3

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Ok, so regarding Diablo 3, coming to the console. Will we still need to sign in with our battle.net? Or is something else going to take effect. Also, any tips to someone going to Diablo from WoW? Any hints and tricks, if so... please add me as a friend on the xbox if you own one and let's talk.

Gtag: Shingeki Eren
Reply Quote
Community Manager
The console versions of Diablo III will not connect with Battle.net, so you won't ever need to sign in with it. You'll be able to play over the PSN or Xbox Live (if you have a gold membership), though. I'd recommend playing it with friends as often as you can, since it's a great way to play Diablo III.
Reply Quote
Grim,

People have been really looking forward to a single player D3 and we were told that it would not be an option, but apparently it is for the PS3...

So what are the chances of getting all the improvements you're making for the PS3 version on the PC?

Throw the RMAH and always online in the garbage and give us back proper Diablo.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
I am a little curious, I see all kinds of Q&A about PS3 but none for XBOX. Is the XBOX version gonna be the same as the PS3, if not what are the differences?
Reply Quote
also i got a question can you play diablo 3 on xbox with some friends who got diablo on ps3 ?
Reply Quote
View profile
No cross platform play is available to Diablo 3 on consoles.

The only differences between the 2 current gen versions is the way online works and player profiles.
Reply Quote
I just wish we could have the option of registering our game with blizzard. I'd like to be able to chat with others I\like I could with my pc CE version.
Reply Quote
08/12/2013 04:28 PMPosted by Grimiku
The console versions of Diablo III will not connect with Battle.net, so you won't ever need to sign in with it. You'll be able to play over the PSN or Xbox Live (if you have a gold membership), though. I'd recommend playing it with friends as often as you can, since it's a great way to play Diablo III.

Wow, you responded to one of the dumbest, most obvious answerable, and oldest questions on the console forum...yet bypass real requests for unanswered questions.

I want your lush job.
Reply Quote
Wow, you responded to one of the dumbest, most obvious answerable, and oldest questions on the console forum...yet bypass real requests for unanswered questions.I want your lush job.

You wouldn't be able to handle his lush job. It takes nerves of steel. You would be fired rather quickly from trying to strangle some poor noob with your neckbeard.
Reply Quote
xbox plays with xbox, ps3 plays with ps3, pc plays with pc

NO CROSS PLATFORM GAMING

There may be a way of pulling this off, but the resources and time would be catastrophic..

why the hell does everyone always ask this.. the answer is ALWAYS no..
Reply Quote
cross platform play between Xbox 360 and PS3 is not hard to do, its just that the 2 companies do not want it they each have there own closed network and plan on keeping it like that.

i for one would love to have both console player groups linked online in games, it would be awesome and no one really at a disadvantage. using very similar controls and systems.
Reply Quote
ok.... here is a Valid question . . . Will D3 be available for the nextgen systems... PS4 . and Xbox One . . . ?? Would love to see how it would look on those systems.

Guns
Edited by Gunz381#1405 on 8/23/2013 11:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
So I've been looking around for an answer to my query and I've found non-definitive answers. I was wondering if anybody could clarify if Local Co-Op could play together without an Xbox Live membership or even have an internet connection.

To be more specific about what I'm actually wanting, i will give an example: I do not have internet where i live nor can i get it, so my Xbox obviously isn't connected to the internet nor do i have an Xbox Live membership. Will i still be able to play with 2-3 friends "Local Co-Op"?
Reply Quote
So I've been looking around for an answer to my query and I've found non-definitive answers. I was wondering if anybody could clarify if Local Co-Op could play together without an Xbox Live membership or even have an internet connection.

To be more specific about what I'm actually wanting, i will give an example: I do not have internet where i live nor can i get it, so my Xbox obviously isn't connected to the internet nor do i have an Xbox Live membership. Will i still be able to play with 2-3 friends "Local Co-Op"?

Yeah, you can do that. You'd need enough controllers and you'd all play on the same screen, and your friends would have to create their own profiles on your xbox in order to save their character (or they could bring their own over on USB sticks).
Edited by Mercy#1158 on 8/23/2013 1:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk

Yeah, you can do that. You'd need enough controllers and you'd all play on the same screen, and your friends would have to create their own profiles on your xbox in order to save their character (or they could bring their own over on USB sticks).

Finally! Thank you so much for clarifying that!
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
are you able to sign in diablo 3 for console through battle.net?
Reply Quote
17 Orc Warrior
someone or a blizz staff answer this question please. I been looking for like ever. Can you buy it or get it as a digital download? My xbox scratches games and breaks them sometimes, not often but sometimes. Would suck if I got a copy an it got scratched, because you know First couple days ima be burning that shiz! >;P Any info would help.
Reply Quote
17 Orc Warrior
my guess is like other games you could do a glitch and then go online and have at it, and use what you duped or soemthing. yes you might be able to do that on the console, but for PC you have some real life money AH or something right? so that would really suck if people used exploits
Reply Quote
im guessing we have to start from scratch then? no friends list or already maxed heroes?

damn blizzard you really are making it hard to continue to support you as a company.
its all about the money these days and not customer satisfaction.

wheres the expansion(probably wont even make it to consoles) and wheres my bloody necromancer?
Reply Quote
im guessing that means we wont be able to use our existing pc characters on console? if that's the case it'll have to be a pass for me
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]