Diablo® III

What is the Best Balance Monk Thread?

Wow seege well done, that is an awesome monk you've got!
Reply Quote
08/12/2013 11:23 PMPosted by SirNick
Wow seege well done, that is an awesome monk you've got!

Thanks a lot :)
Reply Quote
This is my favorite spec for my main monk:

240K with WKL 24%
Dual LS
60K HP
550 All Res
5300 Armor
12% Melee dmg reduction
7% Elite dmg reduction

This build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aUkbSY!VXg!aZaccc

GG Balanced for me. Pretty much facetanking everything.

This was one of the sample runs I had.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWISIJJ9gZE

You are a super balance monk!
Reply Quote
I think I'm quite balanced:
http://d3up.com/b/962415/300k-balanced-2 - 300k dps (+ WKL 25%), 819k ehp, 91.89% TDR
http://d3up.com/b/962393/300k-balanced - 303k dps (+ WKL 25%), 685k ehp, 92.35% TDR

You are a holy super balance monk. I have ever see this spec.
Reply Quote
Lol he has more EHP than my S&B setup.

I'm only 274k and 720k EHP...

Man that is epic!
Reply Quote
08/12/2013 09:40 PMPosted by Cayzer
Fleet footed is so far superior, and your build includes bells so i'm not sure where you are coming from, for your build ES is OP as all hell compared to OWE...

@Cayzer

The build you saw was not my normal setup.

While I do have stun bells, I do not rely on it for damage. My 2gen does all my damage and restores spirit fast enough that I can pretty much keep any monster stunned while I beat on it.

With my Scoundrel I have a 54.5% crit chance, and almost all of my bells stun. (see my video of how well this works on MP10 Diablo fight and on SB/ZK in a solo MP10 uber fight:

http://youtu.be/RFVWV0YZZB0

http://youtu.be/_9KhDA-go7k )

I keep OWE and STI because I facetank 99% of elite packs. I only reposition when I am too close to an arcane hub.

So, you see...there is method to my madness. This is probably not the fastest build for killing elites or ubers, but it synergizes well with my gear and playstyle. And since I seldom play in a party with others I can use my EF and pretty much stop the fear effect with stun bells.
Edited by RockShow#1276 on 8/13/2013 4:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Man United! so you've posted already after our conversation yesterday!

I still don't really consider myself balance which I told you yesterday.. and I'm at 91.5% TDR

256k pDPS
730 EHP
5K Armor with STI
683 All Resist (after I used my AR nat ring remember I've told you yesterday)
62k Life
49% CC (w/o Scoundrel)
424% CD
DW LS
91.5% TDR

http://d3up.com/b/370499/view/slug/deathorochi
Reply Quote
Man United! so you've posted already after our conversation yesterday!

I still don't really consider myself balance which I told you yesterday.. and I'm at 91.5% TDR

256k pDPS
730 EHP
5K Armor with STI
683 All Resist (after I used my AR nat ring remember I've told you yesterday)
62k Life
49% CC (w/o Scoundrel)
424% CD
DW LS
91.5% TDR

http://d3up.com/b/370499/view/slug/deathorochi

@Death

Yes, Im helping you to open this topic. You are absolutely a super balance monk I think according to Weegee said. Your trifecta rare ring is holy sick! And you 680+ AR is horrible too!
Edited by ManUnited#3106 on 8/14/2013 10:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Did I mention anything saying that I fit his criteria? No. I merely said that "I" consider myself balanced.
Well I mean that's kind of why I called you out.

You were answering a question that wasn't being asked.

And since you are trying to backhand your post to me, honestly why don't I just stop trying to be polite.

What's the point in your first post on this thread? You're a balanced monk good for you, it didn't help promote the thread or help answer the question.

imo it feels like you are trying to brag.

w/e I don't want drama, I just don't understand why you started this unnecessary hostility.

@ Nashi and SirNick

I understand Nashi thought he is a good balance monk. SirNick felt Nashi didnt input any opinion relating to topic.I think both of you were totally misunderstood each others.

I can say Nashi and SirNick are very good balance monk.
Edited by ManUnited#3106 on 8/13/2013 5:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My monk is feeling very balanced right now...but like many folks I still have some areas to improve. I can say this...dropping 6k or so dps to get my TDR over 90% (90.73% no OWE) seems to be a good move. I'd still love to have the ol glorious 200k+ dps but being a slight bit lower than that with a stiffer chin feels good for my build.
Edited by BigE#1536 on 8/13/2013 7:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
In my opinion, TDR number itself is very meaningless.

You could have 95 TDR but if you got no life sustain, you are less "balanced" than someone with 90 TDR with 6% LS.

DPS is also important since most people's life sustain is LS, higher DPS means you can get your HP back faster therefore could get lower TDR.
Reply Quote
I feel pretty balanced in all MP...

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/tarzan-1737/MisterMiagi/9927009

http://d3up.com/b/656764/mistermiagi

300k DPS
58k HP
530 All Res (w/o OWE)
5200 Arlmor
5.8% Life Steal
Reply Quote
While I agree with you somewhat Gungnir, TDR indicates a commitment to whole idea of balance imho. Even with 6% LS (which I have) I can feel a major benefit from higher TDR. My personal example would be my inability to facetank Azmodan on MP10 until I got my TDR high enough. I had been sitting in the 88-89% range with around 220k dps but I still couldn't facetank him. Now I can. I feel the benefits when running through arcane sentries or standing in plague and molten or on a desecrator pool. In those areas I think you notice a big difference because your sustain doesn't have to work so hard to keep you alive.
Edited by BigE#1536 on 8/13/2013 7:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
Best balanced monk can juggle Legs upside down whilst cyclone spinning.

All with excellent sustain, mitigation and eHP.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
I've found that each build has different variables and breakpoints to make it balanced.

For example, I'll run with lower EHP for the cookie cutter FoT build because I can sustain easier.

For my Quickening Bell build, I prefer to have much more IAS and CC and higher mitigation/EHP so I can DS into middle of packs and start hitting multiple targets to get spirit real fast, and then drop bells real fast.

For two hand TRing, I can get away with lower EHP and prefer to have much less IAS.

If I want to kill white mobs fast, I lower my EHP. If I do ubers, I try to raise my AR significantly. When I go DE hunting, I try to maximize my bell damage and run MP8 so I don't need as much AR.

And then with party groups, that's a whole different story. Kim ran a super fast support build with lots of vit that did around 10k DPS, boosted our DPS, and stuned and it worked really well for the group. I don't know any class that wouldn't want to run with him in that build.

So I think the "best" is circumstantial. What's "best" is what works well for the build and playstyle and depends on what you are doing.

If you were to ask what my preference was, well, I want everything to be very high :] but generally lean towards more damage mitigation over DPS (I know, I'm in the minority here) but I do change it up as conditions dictate.
Edited by Ireneaus#1614 on 8/13/2013 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Currently I am at 89.5% TDR; however, I have some stuff sitting in my stash (just waiting to hit para 90 before I put it on) and should bring me really close to that 92%. However, my DPS is low as alot may say at 105K and the gear sitting in my stash will bring me close to 120K and up my eHP at the same time.

I am OWE free, dunno if you consider this balanced.... but I do alright. (oh I also have 6.86 spirit regen w/ dual wield & just from gear), w/ a empowered shrine I can out bell a nirvana monk WOOT!!
Reply Quote
08/13/2013 10:34 AMPosted by Ireneaus
And then with party groups, that's a whole different story. Kim ran a super fast support build with lots of vit that did around 10k DPS, boosted our DPS, and stuned and it worked really well for the group. I don't know any class that wouldn't want to run with him in that build.

"Balance" has a different meaning for ZDS. It's more a question of spirit gen (IAS/CC/-CS gear) vs. EHP/Sustain.

You go too far in one direction and things start to break apart.

And, yes, Kim does a fantastic job running that build. We had some fun the other day :)

For solo, I like the Azmodan run example. Azmo challenges your sustain (blood pools) AND your EHP (fireball attack). As long as you are killing him at acceptable speed, I'd say you have acheived a good balance if you can facetank him without ever moving.
Reply Quote
For solo, I like the Azmodan run example. Azmo challenges your sustain (blood pools) AND your EHP (fireball attack). As long as you are killing him at acceptable speed, I'd say you have acheived a good balance if you can facetank him without ever moving.

+1, my favorite test
Reply Quote
My most balanced load out would be:

DPS 292,889.91
Attacks per Second 2.95834 MH
2.8985 OH
+% Attack Speed 72% (+15% DW)
Critical Hit Chance 50%
Critical Hit Damage 448%
MH Weapon Damage 99,355.44
OH Weapon Damage 100,698.16

EHP 734,264.16
EHP w/ Dodge 1,467,061.26
Armor 5,156.5
All Resist 831.6
Block Chance 0%
Dodge Chance 49.95%
Armor Damage Reduction 62.08%
Total Damage Reduction 92.71%
Maximum Life 53,547.78
HP:EHP Ratio 1:13.71
Life Steal 3%
Total Life Bonus 43%
Life per Second 317

This would be without 2 piece Nat's and without my DPS Witching Hour or quad neck.
This is how I feel MOST balanced.
Reply Quote

I'd say face tank Uber Skeleton King super swing move without Serenity :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]