Diablo® III

What is the Best Balance Monk Thread?

08/13/2013 02:07 PMPosted by Solo
For solo, I like the Azmodan run example. Azmo challenges your sustain (blood pools) AND your EHP (fireball attack). As long as you are killing him at acceptable speed, I'd say you have acheived a good balance if you can facetank him without ever moving.

I'd say face tank Uber Skeleton King super swing move without Serenity :)

Solo,

Can you kill the bosses (Azmo/Belial/Butcher) and let us know the time results? I'm very curious on the eDPS of the all out IAS spec!
Reply Quote
Ghome is roughly 42 seconds on mp10
Reply Quote
08/13/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Solo
Ghome is roughly 42 seconds on mp10

With your current spec?
Reply Quote
Im uploading a video for it... This is 96%IAS + Nats - Ideally If I had the crafted shoulders(heavy EHP and HP) and was using Nats with my quad neck I'd be a happy monk. Only thing that I really feel I need is the perfect shoulders to boost my EHP back up to run this 24/7, currently it is Vit poor.
Edited by Solo#1906 on 8/13/2013 4:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/13/2013 02:47 PMPosted by Solo
Im uploading a video for it... This is 86%IAS + Nats - Ideally If I had the crafted shoulders(heavy EHP and HP) and was using Nats with my quad neck I'd be a happy monk. Only thing that I really feel I need is the perfect shoulders to boost my EHP back up to run this 24/7, currently it is Vit poor.

I see. Thanks for the vids.
Reply Quote
I feel pretty balanced in all MP...

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/tarzan-1737/MisterMiagi/9927009

http://d3up.com/b/656764/mistermiagi

300k DPS
58k HP
530 All Res (w/o OWE)
5200 Arlmor
5.8% Life Steal

You are holy balance monk with 2h weapon!
Edited by ManUnited#3106 on 8/13/2013 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
In my opinion, TDR number itself is very meaningless.

You could have 95 TDR but if you got no life sustain, you are less "balanced" than someone with 90 TDR with 6% LS.

DPS is also important since most people's life sustain is LS, higher DPS means you can get your HP back faster therefore could get lower TDR.

Yes, you are correct. The best balance should consider sustainability and mitigation together. I think TDR is an index to let game player understand their character mitigation, but it is not focus on sustainability. I think no one only cares mitigation without considering sustainability. Therefore, TDR is still meaningful for us.
Should we need to reach 92% TDR? My answer is not absolutely necessary. You should find your the best balance thread. But most of game players defined a basic best monk thread as below:

Along the lines of:
90%+ TDR, (something similar to 500AR / 5000armor)
200k+ pDPS
50k+ HP
Dual LS / Single LS + LoH / Single LS + Globes + Pickup Radius
Edited by ManUnited#3106 on 8/13/2013 7:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
<>Need EHP to survive spikes.

<>Need sustain to recover.

<>Need mitigation (TDR) to increase value of sustain.

500 hp regained at 90 TDR is much more valuable than 1000 hp regained at 50 TDR.

If you have a ton of sustain (e.g., 6.0 LS and 300k+ pdps) you can get away with far less TDR as long as you keep decent EHP for spike dmg. Under such circumstances one might want to prioritize vitality over all res/armor if it gives more total EHP.

I've recommended to others before to identify common cause of death, and then to gear/skill change to fix. Dying to plagued/desecrator = more sustain/TDR. Dying to grotesque explosions or wind-up attacks = more EHP.

There are also more balanced, or multi-purpose builds IMO--builds that have good mobility, and do well vs. elites as well as hoards of trash, for example. Some builds have spikey elements and cooldowns that may make them super heroes and then suddenly kind-of-not-so-super.
Edited by Vox#1186 on 8/13/2013 5:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I consider myself a balanced monk.
I try to build all my characters balanced.
It's pretty rough.
Reply Quote
I consider myself a balanced monk.
I try to build all my characters balanced.
It's pretty rough.

I think your monk is pretty balance! Well done!

P.S. And I like your rare ring so much!
Edited by ManUnited#3106 on 8/13/2013 10:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I drop OWE and STI with my current set up. I feel unbalanced.
Reply Quote
550AR, 52hp, 200kdps and 4.6k armor (w/o STI). It is pretty balance. If I were u i will turn STI on, i think you will have a great armor! Of course you have another reason, you dont use STI.
Edited by ManUnited#3106 on 8/14/2013 1:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I put up a balance build for my monk And only thing needed to conform is LS on one of my fists. I should be able to keep DPS above 200k.

Ran with Kim last night and was able run against any elite affix combo without dying but got over confident and tried standing in the tree poison spores. 1 was ok but stacked it was a doozy and ended up taking a branch to the knee.

Looking to upgrade my WH one of these days and perhaps my Lacini's to provide more DPS.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
@CC

Your current gears are absolutely best balance monk. Your AR over 600, 54khp, 5k+ armor, and 200k+dps. I havent saw any shenlong monk can reach this stat before A super balance shenlong monk you are!
Edited by ManUnited#3106 on 8/14/2013 8:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/14/2013 08:27 AMPosted by ManUnited
I havent saw any shenlong monk can reach this stat before

I'm sure posted that guy here: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Inde-2195/hero/74663
Reply Quote
08/14/2013 02:19 PMPosted by seege
I'm sure posted that guy here:

Seege, can you tell him to change up his build? Way too safe and put out low edps! Looks pretty cool though. The gloves actually look pretty cool in game. I didn't know.
Reply Quote
View profile
Pretty snazzy Sgen setup he's for there. I ran with iC for a bit but I wanted to push Shen DPS envelope as much as I can...still doing so now so I went with Nats. Man 6k Armor is beastly without a shield grats on that.

He's like my brotha from anotha motha. Twins separated at birth so to speak haha

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
08/14/2013 07:12 PMPosted by CaptainCarl
I wanted to push Shen DPS envelope as much as I can...still doing so now so I went with Nats

He is doing the same by having high dex and stacking avg damage from ammy and rings.

08/14/2013 02:46 PMPosted by KimSulki84
Seege, can you tell him to change up his build? Way too safe and put out low edps!

Afaik his buid was optimized for Belial. He did a lot of tests and said this one is more convenient.
Reply Quote
Really!? Interesting.
Reply Quote
Pretty snazzy Sgen setup he's for there. I ran with iC for a bit but I wanted to push Shen DPS envelope as much as I can...still doing so now so I went with Nats. Man 6k Armor is beastly without a shield grats on that.

He's like my brotha from anotha motha. Twins separated at birth so to speak haha

Cheers,
CC-

Yes your Twins brother lives on Europe! hahaha :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]