Diablo® III

What is the Best Balance Monk Thread?

My Balance Build:

237,724.87 dps
576,669.46 ehp

2.79/2.28 aps

90.64% DR
1:10.65 Ratio

Looks average right? Well, tack this on !@#$%es!

4.56 mil bell dps
8.38 bell dps w/ blind

Whatchu know bout dat?!?!?

Envy... ;-P
Reply Quote
My two hander build:

260,260.35 DPS
768,667.63 EHP

1.63 APS

91.92% DR
1:12.23 Ratio

Btw i'm a anti OWE free monk >:)

Don't think two hander can tank do you... Muwahahaha..
Edited by BONEYARD#1410 on 9/12/2013 5:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
fitz and bone are holy balance monks of course!
Edited by ManUnited#3106 on 9/12/2013 4:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@ManU

this is nice threat, love so many balance monk in here so we can learn each other to increase pDPS or eDPS without too much sacrifice Mitigation... free Bump!!
Reply Quote
@ManU

this is nice threat, love so many balance monk in here so we can learn each other to increase pDPS or eDPS without too much sacrifice Mitigation... free Bump!!

It is true. We can check out those monks gears and their gears stat information. You will understand more how they build their balance monks.

I play with BONEYARD often, he is really tanky TR monk especially on uber MP10. Now I understand why he is so tanky. His TDR is near 92%, 768 EHP, 60k HP, 5400 armor and HP:EHP ratio 1:12. It is really holy balance stat.
Edited by ManUnited#3106 on 9/12/2013 6:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
My two hander build:

260,260.35 DPS
768,667.63 EHP

1.63 APS

91.92% DR
1:12.23 Ratio

Btw i'm a anti OWE free monk >:)

Don't think two hander can tank do you... Muwahahaha..

OWE is such a wasted passive though.
Reply Quote
^ Well, if someone only gain 70 or less out of 550 AR then yes it is wasted passive skill. However if half (50%) of the AR is from OWE i'll say its pretty useful >:)

Of course if the money is no object i'll go OWE free without second thought. But unfortunately i don't >:'( so i just have to salvage what i can and make the best of it >:)
Edited by BONEYARD#1410 on 9/13/2013 5:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@ManU

It is true. We can check out those monks gears and their gears stat information. You will understand more how they build their balance monks.

I play with BONEYARD often, he is really tanky TR monk especially on uber MP10. Now I understand why he is so tanky. His TDR is near 92%, 768 EHP, 60k HP, 5400 armor and HP:EHP ratio 1:12. It is really holy balance stat.

agree with u, with 92% TDR and HP:EHP = 1:12.. his monk very nice tanky, this base d3up.com his profile monk : http://d3up.com/b/1057988#passives but his monk too much sacrifice eDPS, this his monk pDPS : 568,668.87 (full buff)

the problem with 2h weapon (skon..etc) just spirit regent, I try fine combine passive skill which one good for 2 h Weapon, unfortunately I can't move from Exalted soul, the guardian path and STI. if i change STI with OWE ( be 600AR and 3800 Armor) still much problem with RD coz I will lost too much my TDR and HP:EHP. the best combine balance my monk for this moment TDR : 90%, EP:EHP : 1:10 and 600 Physical Ar, 500 AR, 5300 Armor. my homework that I try get more high TDR, EP:EHP but not too much sacrifice my eDPS... so hard to get it lol :-)

this is my new profile (change my inna vansexpen with Tal'rasha), i get more eDPS but not too much sacrifice my TDR and EP:EHP (my TDR : 90% and EP:EHP = 1 : 10 still the same with old profile) but my eDPS : 923,461.85 (full buff) from my eDPS : 8xx.xxx.xx (full buff) sorry forgot the number lol hahah)

http://d3up.com/b/1057999#passives

edit

if monk have Rend Skill like barb, not need too much high TDR and EP:EHP

my monk still newbie, so her still much learn from other :-)
Edited by N1K0#1135 on 9/13/2013 5:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@ManU

I agree with Man United, BONEYARD is really the King of tankies, for a very long time, i hardly see much peeps that can really surplus his tanki-ness, since when I'm a noob, I awe of his presence, today, I'm still awe-ing...

And yes, this post is good as it's quite indeed rare, we should keep this post very alive, also, it sync nicely with current BB project ay?
Reply Quote
ran a couple with ManUnited, mp10 no problem with single ls.

what's the verdict now?
Reply Quote

what's the verdict now?

Yes he is tanky monk and use single LS run on MP10 without any problem. Very good gears with Nirvana build!
Edited by ManUnited#3106 on 9/14/2013 8:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote

what's the verdict now?

good job man

BUT

I will trust it if u make video kill siege and kulle (show all your gears before kill them "one resource LS Weapon")
Reply Quote
i dont uber but if u want to see a full mp10 vota run i can do that and show gears
Reply Quote
09/14/2013 09:24 PMPosted by kOtic
i dont uber but if u want to see a full mp10 vota run i can do that and show gears

for VOTA run, I trust your monk easy do it even only 1 Source LS weapon, want see in ubers mp 10 bro

edit

just kill siege and kulle
Edited by N1K0#1135 on 9/14/2013 9:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
nirvana build is terrible for ubers. i never said i could uber mp10 and tank. u find another monk with 1x LS that can tank mp10 including active reflect yet kill it in 5 seconds and link me ok?
Edited by kOtic#1800 on 9/14/2013 9:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
MP10 ubers with 1 source of LS is no problem and has been proven time and again. Why do people keep asking to see if it can be done?
Reply Quote
09/14/2013 09:44 PMPosted by kOtic
nirvana build is terrible for ubers. i never said i could uber mp10 and tank. u find another monk with 1x LS that can tank mp10 including active reflect yet kill it in 5 seconds and link me ok?

just answer my question, you can do it or no? thanks
Reply Quote
View profile
You two should stop hijacking ManU's thread.

Seemed like you we're trolling, apologies if you weren't.
Edited by Wannabee808#1418 on 9/14/2013 10:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/14/2013 09:54 PMPosted by Wannabee808
You two should stop hijacking ManU's thread.

@Wannabee

i don't undestand if you talk about hijacking, I though this thread too see balance monk (run and uber)

ps.

1. I'm not trolling Kotic, I just want see his monk in run and ubers (balance monk can do both of them)
2. your gears very difference with kotic although used Nirvana skill

:-))
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]