Diablo® III

Well, im going to try and upgrade my gear...

only have a few questions..when looking up some items Mara's Kaleidoscope, Boj Anglers, and the Witching hour. when working on just purely CC then IAS/ASI, then CHD, would replacing my current gear with those be better or worse? if i were to break up the inna's set i have, do i lose the 130 dex bonus on 2 pieces or just once? on the Mara's, i couldn't see all of the bonuses it could give me. im not sure how good the boj really are compared to lets say ice climbers or anything else really. is the witching hour really necessary when i want the highest possible CC, IAS, then CHD? i want to base my build mainly off of Hungering Arrow, then a secondary main that could get bonuses from other gear.
Reply Quote
08/13/2013 01:32 AMPosted by OldBub
if i were to break up the inna's set i have, do i lose the 130 dex bonus on 2 pieces or just once?

It isn't 130 dext per piece, its 130 dext if you have 2 items on. If you wear one item you dont get the bonus. Its all or nothing, can't have your cake and eat it too ^.^

boj really are compared to lets say ice climbers or anything else really.

BoJ Anglers are absolute trash. I'd recommend New Nats boots, or Zunimasses boots. If you have Hundreds of dollars to spend buy Legacy Zunimasses, they can roll really good stats but will actually cost you $100's for a meaningful set of boots.

on the Mara's, i couldn't see all of the bonuses it could give me.

This is normal, you can't select any skills for ammys because there arent any other ammys that have these stats. To seach mara's in the AH use these filiters:
Armor Type : all Armor
Type : Legendary
Affix 1 = All Resist = 60
affix 2 = dext
affix 3 = vit
affix 4 = CHC
affix 5 = CHD
** affix 6 = random dh skill **

** The only skills you can choose are the ones available on cloaks, as offhands aren't considered armor.**

To be honest with you though, unless you find a GG Mara's, you aren't going to beat your current one. If you do find a GG Mara's you probably won't be able to afford it because the odds of one truly being gg and beating a properly crafted Ammy is like >0.00000000000000001%. Even mine is pretty bad compared to most crafted ammys.

is the witching hour really necessary when i want the highest possible CC, IAS, then CHD?

Only if you can afford a super high end one. Odds are that you're inna's belt will last you a while because the 130 dext is quite a good set bonus, and the 7% holy damage is a crap ton of average damage. Your most likely looking at WH with 150+dext / 45+CHD to beat a decent innas. Also WH doesn't have any CHC only CHD/IAS

i want to base my build mainly off of Hungering Arrow, then a secondary main that could get bonuses from other gear.

Here are your choices:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#a
Almost every skill can receive bonus damage from either:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/natalyas-embrace
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/dead-mans-legacy
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/stone-of-jordan <-- a cold soj can be used to unlock Cull the Weak for more damage
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9308901329?page=1#1 <-- this is a cold soj guide

If you want upgrades, I'd collect up some Demonic Essences and start crafting. It will yield the biggest gains IMO.
Edited by TastySouP#1157 on 8/13/2013 4:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
God I was lucky to find my mara's lol
Reply Quote
well only problem i have with crafting is i dont have much gold for that and i also have crappy luck. i might have to look into hungering arrow and proc rates or something further for more info on other ideas. thanks for all that help.

*EDIT* Also, i think i could manage to sacrifice 1CC for more IAS/CHD to replace that single cc.
Edited by OldBub#1207 on 8/13/2013 11:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ok, so what kind of ring should i work for other than my SoJ upgrade? i was looking into Hellfire or Nat's Mark, but neither one look as appealing as a rare ring.
Reply Quote
08/13/2013 11:36 AMPosted by OldBub
*EDIT* Also, i think i could manage to sacrifice 1CC for more IAS/CHD to replace that single cc.

you're also sacraficing 7% holy damage which equates too about 20-30 Average Damage, on top of: the 1% CC, 250+ armor which = about 50 All resists and 130 dext. Getting a WH that will beat your inna's in terms of eDPS and eHP is going to be costly.

I think Inna's pants + Inna's Belt + crafted bracers is the best combo for the cheapest amount of gold.

08/19/2013 03:48 PMPosted by OldBub
Ok, so what kind of ring should i work for other than my SoJ upgrade? i was looking into Hellfire or Nat's Mark, but neither one look as appealing as a rare ring.

I would definitely craft some Bracers. I know you don't have much gold, but i think you will be able to beat those lacuni's VERY quickly, they have 0 Base stats for you. I bet you could upgrade those lacuni's in just 30 Crafts or less. Don't forget your lacunis also have 0 defensive affixes on them. You could roll bracers with more eDPS and eHP then lacuni

DML's can have over 300 dext AND vitality, so I'd change your quiver to one with:
243+ dext
201+ vit
14% Hungering Arrow
and the highest IAS you can afford, 20% ias isn't that useful considering you've missed out on 150/150 dext and vitality. The socket is a total waste of a roll IMO.

I'd change your calamity to either one with a socket if you can afford it, or a high dps/dext one. The discipline is also a waste of a random property. Your Main weapon should be pure damage oriented as a DH imo. If you reallly need that discipline, then I recommend getting it on your Cloak.

Keep at it.
Reply Quote
I would get a CD Nat's ring just because it completes the Nat's set. 20 more disc is nice.

Then craft bracers or as already mentioned Inna's pants/belt.
Reply Quote
I would get a CD Nat's ring just because it completes the Nat's set. 20 more disc is nice.

Then craft bracers or as already mentioned Inna's pants/belt.

Very good idea! This would definitely allow you to disregard Max D for the quiver/chest and focus else where. You could even consider dropping the SoJ for a Nats mark, but I'd recommend doing this only if you get about 20-30K more damage from the ring vs the SoJ. A Cold SoJ with Multishot is a lot cheaper then a Hungering Arrow SoJ btw, might be a good idea to grab one of them if you want to use CtW.
Reply Quote
I plan to use the Hungering Arrow Cold Soj rather than the multishot one because i dont plan on keeping mulitshot at mp10. im still playing with how i like the skills and playing around with them but i most definately use HA-SoT most so i want that to be my main skill. only reason why i use multishot is because it acts better than a Nightstalker for me. Overall right now, Disc isn't even an issue and can stay right where it is. i have an inna's belt and pants in my stash, and i will be using CtW once i get that Cold HA SoJ over SS. If i was to replace the os on my DML with somethign else, what should i look for? The OS does eliminate a lot of DML's on the GAH. im trying to keep my 50k health unless i can keep my eHP up whilest using the pair of Inna's.

*EDIT* oh and with D3up, the character sheet won't load up for me for some reason.
Edited by OldBub#1207 on 8/19/2013 5:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/19/2013 05:27 PMPosted by OldBub
Overall right now, Disc isn't even an issue and can stay right where it is. i have an inna's belt and pants in my stash, and i will be using CtW once i get that Cold HA SoJ over SS. If i was to replace the os on my DML with somethign else, what should i look for?

use these search filters:
Dext = 243
Vitality = 201
HA = 14
IAS = 15+

I'd use these search filters and you'll be looking at mostly DpS upgrades and you'll gain eHP for your DML.

im trying to keep my 50k health unless i can keep my eHP up whilest using the pair of Inna's.

you'll need to get 100+ vitality else where to compensate for this. I prefer inna's belt/pants with:
Dext = 101+
vitality = 45+
Once you gain more Paragon levels you'll make up for the missing vitality. Also Crafting bracers could yield up too 200 vitality on its own, you would also still have 24% MS from boots+pants.
Reply Quote
Overall right now, Disc isn't even an issue and can stay right where it is.

But what MP are you playing at right now?

You have 49 disc, you're using Prep:Punishment and not using nightstalker. I'm just gonna take a guess and say you're not doing MP greater than 4 ATM. And you really only have 39 disc because I guarantee at some point you are gonna get rid of the disc on your calamity. At higher MP you are gonna either need more disc or you're gonna have to use nightstalker. Or even both.

And ignore DML's with an open socket....sockets are a terrible roll for a quiver. Either dex roll, dex/vit roll or +disc roll.
Reply Quote
I hardly ever use the prep button at all, if at all. i haven't really tried anything over mp0 because i haven't felt comfortable enough to do so. At this moment, im trying to save for a 2os Manticore with 100% cd and work from there preferrably around 1250+ dps. after that, upgrade gear more and keep adjusting my setup. i haven't really played anything outside of Act 3 keep 2 or w/e.
Reply Quote
Hi OP,

A 30% BVE Cold SoJ is gonna cost.

Try 28% ones, is normally dirt cheap. 6/10/28/12 cold HA SoJ, is not expensive. Give it a try.

Anyway, you probably should decide on the weapon you wanna stick with and build from there onwards.
Reply Quote
For this build, I believe Manticore will work better since im focusing more on CC/CHD. I've been wondering though, how would you find out which is the bigger dps boost on the ring, BVE 30% or 12% HA?
Reply Quote
d3up but honestly is not that much IIRC.

I've always searched SoJ with max on other stats except BvE. All my cold SoJs are max on other rolls but 28% on BvE. I don't think 2% is a big deal. I might be wrong though.
Reply Quote
@SwSw

Depends on the build itself. If your build focuses on one skill (like rapid fire), then the skill bonus matters a lot more. However if your build is more hybrid of a bunch of skills, than the skill bonus doesn't matter as much and would rather focus on more bonus vs elites.

Hope that made sense ^.^
Reply Quote
@SwSw

Depends on the build itself. If your build focuses on one skill (like rapid fire), then the skill bonus matters a lot more. However if your build is more hybrid of a bunch of skills, than the skill bonus doesn't matter as much and would rather focus on more bonus vs elites.

Hope that made sense ^.^

My build is focusing on HA mainly alone so im not entirely sure if that the loss of 2% from BVE is greater than my gain of 3% for the HA bonus. how do i find out how much the bonus is for HA on the SoJ vs Bonus / Damage vs Elites? I have found that i lay down my sentry, lay a trap, hit gloom, then spam my HA until my traps blow, then lay another and repeat until one needs to be replenished.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]