Diablo® III

[Dark Chronicle] Insomnia

I have insomnia, I can't sleep, so I stay up doing activities.

Since Kamel is writing about his weight loss problem,
I'll write about my struggle against the darkness.
stay awhile and listen, you may be enlightened...

Night 1
Tonight I read an in-depth version of The Art of War
while doing simultaneous push ups and sit ups.
Sun Tzu is the original Tyler Durden.

Current Soundtrack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqww2bvf51g
Edited by CountFury#1192 on 8/13/2013 5:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Wisdom word!
Reply Quote
Next, read the Tibetan Book of the Dead along with Timothy Leary's studies.
Explore the depths of true ego death.
Reply Quote
View profile
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9572297784#2
Reply Quote
08/13/2013 04:28 AMPosted by Angelthirst
The Art of War

Love it.

ALso, ZZZquil, dude!
Reply Quote
^ yea I should consider that, I don't wanna be hooked on some medication though.
Next, read the Tibetan Book of the Dead along with Timothy Leary's studies.
Explore the depths of true ego death.

what is ego death, sweetheart?
I think I experienced that to a degree already,
but then my ego rose from the dead and came back to life. >:D
Reply Quote
I use sun tzu tactics constantly when battling elites!
Reply Quote
Night 2
Tonight the moon phase is half light half dark, which signifies the balance of the Force.

Life to me is a constant struggle between good and evil, ever since I drew the metaphysical sword of truth from the stone, I had no choice but to take the warrior's path. I've been at war with myself and others, walking the fine line between genius and madness.

Conflict has become a natural state and there's hardly ever a moment of peace.
But the spirits are at rest right now.. and tonight I shall sleep.

Current Soundtrack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xn3BnYaFSk
Edited by CountFury#1192 on 8/14/2013 3:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Recap on
Night 3
I spent the night at my best friend's house, we drank beer and talked about ancient wars and the nature of man, gods, and beasts.

Night 4
In day 4 I took a sleeping pill and hibernated for 12 hours, and then later I went into a trance of half sleep and contemplated life and death. >:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8ymiHcPr8w
Reply Quote
View profile
while we're suggesting books, let me throw my absolute favourite into the ring: Jack Kerouac's On The Road.

i have a beaten copy i have read over a hundred times. it was my bible of sorts while i was backpacking.

it is the single most beautiful piece of literature i have ever laid eyes on.
Reply Quote
Thanks Mojo, I'll get that book if I ever see it on the road. >:D

Night 5

I worked late and came home at 1:30 am. My old man owns the factory and I work with him.
I ate some food and took a pill, sooner or later I'll pass out. My goal though is to sleep without the meds. Insomnia is bad because it brings one closer to the darkside. But if I can't sleep I might as well do something productive. >:(

Everyone has a light side and a darkside, some people are really light, with a little bit darkness. Some are half light half dark, and some people have a huge darkside.

I prefer the Light, because I know my darkness, and it's intense...
But for some reason, chicks dig it when I'm the Dark Lord, hahaha, especially the party ones. That's why I'm single, cuz most of them leave when I turn light and do good things. The whole "girls like bad boys" thing ain't no joke, but I'm tired of the !@#$%es.

Anyways, whoever reads this mad diary, you got any books or good songs?
tell me, and I'll give you my interpretations of 'em. ;)

Listen to Blizzard's epic WCII soundtrack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtgl_duAzGc
Edited by CountFury#1192 on 8/18/2013 3:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/13/2013 04:41 PMPosted by Angelthirst
what is ego death, sweetheart?

It's too hard to explain, nor am I qualified.

But! I can share with you what I got from my exploration. :)
Simply put, I've decided that pure Nihilism is evil and that human beings should believe in an "idea" greater than themselves.
Reply Quote
View profile
Read fantasy?
I got hooked on "A Song of Ice and Fire."
The "King Killer Chronicles" is a pretty good series too so far.
Reply Quote
Night 6
It's 5:30 here in California.. I spent the night debating with MojoRisin about the science of life.
-_- He's a tough opponent, but finally there's some fire in the forums, just like old times, mwuahahaha.

This song's for you, Mojo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS7CZIJVxFY

@Rely,
the Ice and Fire series is legendary, I've seen the Game of Thrones series, the books are on my list. Thanks for your recommendation. >:)
@WomanAtPlay,
yes, Nihilism is wicked. But sometimes I use it just to be romantic, lol.
There is an afterlife, and I believe the journey continues where we'll see all our friends again. >:)
Edited by CountFury#1192 on 8/19/2013 5:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
ok, so that is one of my favourite songs from my favourite album of all time.

i didn't listen to it just now, cuz i've listened to the album twice already today! ... like most days...
Reply Quote
ummm try these?

-puff and pass ;)
-sleeping pill (one of my close friend does this at least twice a week)
-don't work out at night ... but work out intensely during the day time and get tired out .. let the mind follow the body this time around
-take meditation class and do the exercise that calm your mind before you get into bed
-find your love, hold her in waking moments and sleeping ones too

you're still young, try to get some rest, when you get old it'll be even harder to sleep ...

GL in your battle with insomnia
Reply Quote
View profile
Have you considered the activities you take on while not sleeping are what is causing you to not sleep?

I understand insomnia is a serious issue, however, could you simply getting a high from the gratification of reading and etc...

I only say so because I have something similar to the latter, not quite as intense though
Reply Quote
ummm try these?

-puff and pass ;)
-don't work out at night ... but work out intensely during the day time and get tired out .. let the mind follow the body this time around
-take meditation class and do the exercise that calm your mind before you get into bed

you're still young, try to get some rest, when you get old it'll be even harder to sleep ...

That's what I was going to recommend!
Reply Quote
ummm try these?

-puff and pass ;)

- nah, I've danced enough with Mary Jane. weed loosens the fine line between genius and madness. I'm a Straight Edged Paladin now.
- I only take sleep pill when the torment gets too intense. Don't want to be dependent on it.
- Night is the only time I can work out, I got work in the day. >:(
- I do meditate, although not lately, it's been hard as hell, I keep imagining evil spirits, lol.
- oh I'll find her alright. The next one that shows up might just be it, like all the other ones. :D
Reply Quote
Night 7
The fullmoon approaches and my powers intensify.
I feel so fkin intense right now, so much passion, about to burst into a flame and turn to ashes.

MofoRisin is still rambling about scientific evidents,
I don't wanna change his life but he won't stop, lol.

*lights a cigarette*

I downloaded Mists of Avalon, I shall watch after this cigarette.

I had an old article bookmarked. Read, mortals.
http://www.themindunleashed.org/2013/06/psychic-vampires-and-use-of-etheric.html

So I'm the paranoid/ethereal type according to that site.
It's true, I do remember past lifetimes fighting in the crusades and even chinese dynasty wars, I remember sailing with the vikings, I remember fighting alongside Vlad the Impaler, or maybe I was him..

Damn ancient memories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBsyV2Goky8
Edited by CountFury#1192 on 8/20/2013 5:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]