Diablo® III

[Dark Chronicle] Insomnia

I like your writing CountFury <3

heh, thanks Shaman.

Night 13
Tonight I sit and ponder the choices in my life and my past experiences.
Going to school actually makes me feel thankful for the people I meet here, because the morons on campus are much worse. There are people in life who will try to use you, make friends with you to get connections, they say they're you're friend but they won't hesitate to get things from you to benefit themselves. I already see some of them and know their nature.
Most humans do not live with honor and integrity. An advice to some of you who are young and not settled down, - don't put too much trust in friends, they will get envious and will try to destroy you when you begin to get successful. Learn to use enemies, for they have more to prove.
This might be a tyrant's perspective, but it's the truth and have been evident in my life.

In this day and age, trust only your best of friends for many many years(even that, is hard), because the bond is deep and, they will think twice before they pull the betrayal card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWw39t0ReQs
Edited by CountFury#1192 on 8/29/2013 11:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.
Ecce !@#$, Preface, Friedrich Nietzsche

The nature of friends is to take things away, and to give something in return sometimes, that can be good or can be bad:

The friend whose hopes we cannot satisfy is one we should prefer to have as an enemy.
Daybreak, Book 4 251-350, Friedrich Nietzsche

Some friends sometimes take away your energy, and sometimes they enhance the weakness you have in common, so it is a dangerous thing.

Enemys on the other side, have the nature to compete, so you better yourself by fighting them, you can lose and even be destroyed, but you will have bettered yourself. They are especially valuable for a warrior type.

Remember, a warrior is not judged by the fact that he is a warrior, but by his value and honour.
Reply Quote
^ damn, that is deep...
thanks Shaman, now that's the wisdom I'm talking about.
Finally someone on the same wave length as me, instead of MrMofoHidin telling me about 'reality'. Of course I know reality, I'm IN it everyday, lol.

(It looks to me that many known people in history suffer from some kind of bipolarism, from Nietzche to Edgar Allan Poe. But who the hell is this evil twin? @_@ )

Since high school, I've burned so many bridges, I have only 3 friends left that I can still trust. Once you begin to align with your integrity and become more powerful, most of the ones who you called friends start to hate you, or plot to get you (or turn into minions). And after a while, you realize that you're alone. (and then your darkside manifests and comes into being..)

When I was 17, a gangster told me,
"we don't have friends in this world, you're born alone, you'll die alone."
maybe he's right.

Night 14
*reading articles.*

and then I found this video.. @_o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgAlQuqzl8o
Edited by CountFury#1192 on 8/31/2013 4:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Nietzsche... the father of Nihilism...
Reply Quote
08/31/2013 07:05 AMPosted by WomanAtPlay
Nietzsche... the father of Nihilism...

yep.
And it's funny how he's mostly anti-religious and claims "God is dead", but then he said, "love your enemies, hate your friends." which is the same as what's written in the Scriptures, lol.
Nietzsche's got some powerful wisdom, but I try to stay clear of the nihilistic side,
been there, done that. >:o
He was a Libra btw, the only sign in the zodiac that is an inanimate object, lol. :<

Sooo, W@P, let's talk about you..
first of all.. are you blonde, brunette, or redhead? ;P
Reply Quote
Ok first off Nietzsche was not the father of nihilism. In his first real book "human all too human" he speaks about his belief that nihilism will be the downfall of humanity... I just picked up the book and flipped through it a bit but can't find the quote and my google skills must be out of practice as that didn't help either. But he definitely spoke against nihilism and obviously if he was the father his first book wouldn't be referencing how prevalent it was at the time. If anything he could possibly be considered the grandfather of existentialism.

Let me say that I do in fact love your writing style.

Anyway... Count you sound a lot like myself in some respects. The insomnia and the at times dissociated ramblings which is probably a direct effect of the insomnia. However you really should question your views/beliefs/morals whatever you want to call it. There are no truths in this world. There are no laws. Socrates said something along the lines of "Most people believe they know everything. I am smarter because I know that I know nothing," Though I'm just pulling from memory and obviously it was from Plato's account of Socrates not a direct quote or writing of his... Though at times I wonder if Socrates was real.

Anyway I hope you can find some relief for your insomnia... mine at times is hardly there and at other points kills me. I think the longest I have ever gone without sleep and without any drugs was 5 days/nights. For me I discovered I had ADHD when I turned 30 this January and even though a side effect of the stimulant medication I take is lack of sleep it actually helped with my insomnia.

Someone here mentioned on one of these pages that you might not have insomnia but actually just get hyped because of the activities that you partake in while others would be sleeping. That may or may not be true for you but for me in a way it is... it was as if I would get bored of the idea of trying to sleep and say screw it and stay up because I wanted to read more or whatever. Though that's one thing my medicine helped with... the ability to wait for another day.

Not saying you have ADD or anything just throwing that out there... and seriously you should read more philosophy as it doesn't sound like you have a well rounded experience in that. Start at the beginning and work your way forward obviously you have the time. So grab some Plato. I actually have a .zip from some torrent site that has every philosophical work ever written up to I believe 2006 or whenever I downloaded it. Obviously I haven't read it all but I tried to read at least something from everyone important. My favorites being Nietzsche and Descartes.

Also I'm surprised sleeping pills work for you never did for me. I took an entire bottle once and just got twitchy as hell and yeah sleepy but still was unable to sleep.
Reply Quote
Wow that was longer than I realized... Sorry lol

As far as interesting bands go ever heard of praxis?
Reply Quote
2006 onwards is pretty awesome too. i'm a fan of string theory and quantum physics. philosophy and science are converging now more than ever.

it's exciting times when we can apply the scientific process to philosophic thought.
Reply Quote
I was once 5 days awake too, without sleeping and eating, and then I entered a trance state, was allucinating for a few days, when you get in that state, is like a super reality, seems like you never seen reality until then, so i doubt anyone can say anything about reality, it is misleading, the boundaries between reality and fantasy are real thin, and i fear that fantasy makes the most of it, if there is any reality at all.

Tr5 is right about nietsche not being the the father of nihilism, he admired eastern religions like hinduism and budhism as they have a large amount of wisdom there, but then he said that they were nihilistic religions, which he didn't like, what he proposed was not the negation of self, but, on the contrary, the affirmation of life. To be the one that says yes. Read the introduction of the book human all too human, it is really beautiful.

One passage i always remember that to me ilustrates this quite well is his interpretation of the delfos temple writing, "Know thyself.", to him it meant "Cease the interest for yourself, be objective." I follow that everyday. Perhaps that is the path we warrior souls need to take. Other passage, "In times of peace, the warrior fights against himself." And another "Peace is good just as a preparation for war, and the shorter, the better."
Reply Quote
08/31/2013 08:39 PMPosted by MrMojoRisin
it's exciting times when we can apply the scientific process to philosophic thought.

They did that in the 19th to the 20th century, see thelema and A.A.
Reply Quote
it's true that he's not what would be the "father of nihilism" per se, but he is known today as one of the contributors of that "side" of existence. Yet he warned against it, much like Karl Marx said "I would not be a communist" after writing his book, lol.

Anyway... Count you sound a lot like myself in some respects. The insomnia and the at times dissociated ramblings which is probably a direct effect of the insomnia. However you really should question your views/beliefs/morals whatever you want to call it. There are no truths in this world. There are no laws. Socrates said something along the lines of "Most people believe they know everything. I am smarter because I know that I know nothing," Though I'm just pulling from memory and obviously it was from Plato's account of Socrates not a direct quote or writing of his... Though at times I wonder if Socrates was real.
Anyway I hope you can find some relief for your insomnia... mine at times is hardly there and at other points kills me. I think the longest I have ever gone without sleep and without any drugs was 5 days/nights. For me I discovered I had ADHD when I turned 30 this January and even though a side effect of the stimulant medication I take is lack of sleep it actually helped with my insomnia.

The longest I've gone is 4 days/nights (and then I collapsed).
I posted these stories as Night #, to tell of my nocturnal nature, I do get some sleep when I'm tired and passing out, lol.
I had an ex-gf who said I channel the energy of the moonlight,
(and when I couldn't sleep, she couldn't sleep.)

Ahem.. lately, I've been sleeping at 4 am, which is past the witching hour (3 am). I tire myself out by running the treadmill and using the gym in the garage.
I think I might have ADHD though, but it's not always there.. sometimes I can focus intensely, other times I'm really scattered. I blame it on the Gemini influence in my birth chart, lol, it's a very bipolar volatile sign. Yet my ability to paint pictures with words, comes from having Mercury and Mars both in Gemini, it's like a gift and a curse.

I'll look more into philosophy, I'm taking a class on it actually.
my own philosophy is astrology and occult based, also from personal observations, which might or might not align with what the ancient heroes taught. People say life is a constant struggle between good and evil, and I do, suffer that conflict.

I think nocturnal/insomnia is actually a blessing in disguise, it's a call for us to embrace self-discovery. As far as if Socrates was real or not, is kind of like some people say Shakespeare was not real, but only a pen name for someone now unknown.

Yet the name is immortalized, and through the names, we get certain feelings and memories evoked from us.. just like Achilles, Socrates, or maybe even.. CountFury. ;)
Edited by CountFury#1192 on 8/31/2013 8:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Night 15
ahh, the night is young.. and restless.
Number 15 is the tarot card "The Devil". El Diablo, if you will.
Tonight I feel calm yet intensely aggressive at the same time. So I must prepare for the next battle of the never-ending holy war, the endless war in my spirit.

When the metaphysics sword is drawn, the pendulum of the ethereal Grandfather Clock starts to swing. And one side is madness, the other side is insanity. My reptilian brain must have evolved from a T-Rex or something.

This is not the only life we have lived, mortals,
in past ages we have fought wars, and died in battle!

Pick up the swords, men, and fight that war within.
Release the eternal karma once and for all, or you shall never be free.
Put on headphones and listen to this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQQBBmp1zdI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUE5AOceuNs

Sometimes weird things happen in life, this evening I was having a cigarette outside of work, minding my own business, suddenly some random guy came up to me and started some trouble. He began yelling, and immediately my blood started to boil, I tapped into beast mode, and as I shouted back, he backed away and apologized when I was getting into stance.
wtf..

I haven't had a good fight in years, strange, the other day I asked a friend to punch me in the jaw and couldn't even feel any pain. All the years of enduring bs and madness has its advantage.
Enough philosophical talks, start picking up random heavy objects and lift them! >:(

Unleash the Beast, Release the Kraken!!
I'm gonna unblock you from my ignorelist, MojoRising,
I like that challenge, come at me. >:D

Christs come, Christs go, but Caesar is forever.
(or is it the other way around..?)
If Nirvana means to put out the fire..
then not even Nirvana can extinguish my Inferno! >:(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeGQ5RJw2Cg
Edited by CountFury#1192 on 9/1/2013 8:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Night 16
so that's what happens when the pendulum swings to one extreme.
After the storm, comes the calm. But I am fire and ice, so it's like.. after the Inferno, comes the Iceberg, haha. I was born on the 16th, the day of the Tower card, one of the most feared cards in the deck.

Speaking of towers, Vrkhyz just told me about this album
which this band recorded in a 700-year old castle, check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqVegF9XycM
Reply Quote
in england once (might have been scotland?) an american tourist once told me that the castle we were visiting was built in a really stupid spot cuz it was next to the airport and it was really loud with the planes taking off and landing. he wasn't kidding.
Reply Quote
^ lol...
he didn't realize the castle came before the airport, haha.
Reply Quote
i think they got it without the explanation... at least, i hope they did...
Reply Quote
09/03/2013 02:56 AMPosted by MrMojoRisin
in england once (might have been scotland?) an american tourist once told me that the castle we were visiting was built in a really stupid spot cuz it was next to the airport and it was really loud with the planes taking off and landing. he wasn't kidding.

Living in the dungeon might help to reduce the noise muwahahaha...
Reply Quote
Edited by Shaman#1684 on 9/3/2013 11:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]