Diablo® III

teleport

so you really can't go through if there are obstacles blocking the original path huh? like for example i want to pass through walls but there's a door( keep depths) on that side - if i don't wack the door my teleport can't pass through the walls.

or like when i need to go up the stairs (stonefort) but there's barricade blocking the patch .. and such
Reply Quote
sadly, that's the way it is with our teleport......if only it works like leap.....if only........
Reply Quote
i don't think leap can pass tru walls tho hehe
Reply Quote
thats the only situation that our teleport wins leap lol
Reply Quote
a door stopped me from teleporting into the next room in kdl2. a door....a door
Reply Quote
"Man, I'd be able to travel through the ether to the other side of this wall if only that door way over there was open."

-HighBeams
Reply Quote
Well, it's better than the original Teleport where it didn't matter if there were pathing blockers or not, you can't bypass walls or... little rocks and logs no matter what. You couldn't even go around a tree.
Reply Quote
Mmmmm this turd sandwich sure tastes better now that Blizzard put some mustard on it in 1.07.
Edited by ChangBooster#1510 on 8/13/2013 7:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
"Players may now Teleport to any location within range, as long as a path is available"

so that's what they meant XD
Reply Quote
They did improve it recently, and you can notice it in KD2.

It used to be not only needing an available path, but one that was on screen or nearly on screen as well. (that is the entirety of the path being on screen)
Reply Quote
D2 teleport>>>>>>D3 crap teleport
Reply Quote
I still get stuck on little ledges because a pixel of grass next to a tree is obstructing the available path. Good thing I can teleport straight through walls... so backwards.
Reply Quote
Worse than that is the classic error: teleport yourself forward and then the game makes you go back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9anfKhHe5w

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9793020306

Edited by wildfirebr#1127 on 9/2/2013 9:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Worse than that is the classic error: teleport yourself forward and then the game makes you go back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9anfKhHe5w

Amazing. Teleport + Rubberbanding = RAGE! SO MUCH RAGE!
Reply Quote
or like when i need to go up the stairs (stonefort) but there's barricade blocking the patch .. and such

The Quantum mechanics of D3 teleport : Teleport or TP contrary to popular belief isn't dematerializing of objects only to reappear elsewhere. Such a feat would require the object to be temporarily suspended in an alternate reality before returning to the current one.

TP is in fact hyper speed, or the colloqiual "shadow step". Obviously moving at hyper speed provides the bearer some measure of control over physical laws, like jumping a ravine in a single bound or moving 100m in 3 secs. (that's why the Wiz max single TP range is 30 yards)

At such speeds the Teleporter moves out the visible light spectrum the human eye can detect and thus "disappears"

"Man, I'd be able to travel through the ether to the other side of this wall if only that door way over there was open."

-HighBeams

Wormhole telportation employed by popular characters like XMENs Night crawler or DBZ Goku doesn't exist in D3, sad but true

Tl:dr

D3 TP is merely Slow time on steroids. Wiz aren't moving fast, you are just too slow.
Edited by WolfMother#2688 on 9/2/2013 7:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It all makes sense now. Teleport is actually just the wizard running faster then usain bolt.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]