Diablo® III

anyone have a rapid fire SOJ for sale?

any item can be found relatively cheap if u know what to filter, and have the patience to camp AH

telling him 5/29/6 running between 10-30 is just absurd when not everyone have the time or patience to camp and monitor

it's not difference from me saying "never buy crit mempo str/9/4.5 for anything above 400m, because u can snipe in the low 300s if u watch the market closely" just because i got mine for 330m?

and i also agree u dont need a 6 elemental/30elite version, the gold it requires is unreasonable, but this applies to all gears doesn it, e.g. 250dex nat boots vs. 250dex 30 vit nats boots

wut?

How is telling him average prices not helpful?

I bought and sold over 20 SoJs when I was gearing the two DHes two weeks ago. That is a pretty average price. However they are listed all over the place because noobs cant figure out how to price them. That is the price that they SELL at, not what they are listed at. No one is buying that crap for 100m.

Either way - trend that I noticed:

6/30/7 = 500m on a good day
5/30/7 or 6/30/6 = around 200/250m
5/30/6 = 150m
6/29/7 = 150m
6/28/7 = 100m

From there prices start to fall considerably. However, after that they can basically be bad for pennies on the dollar.

For example, any date you can snipe 5/28/5 for under 2m. Your choice if the cost is worth it to you at that point

avg pricing 30m my a$$, dont make stuff up in the beginning and now make a new post with new pricing that is more realistic now, looks like u went and do some homework after u saw my reply. lol 30m for a 5/29/6, yeah sure if u camp soj for 24 hours straight u might snipe one LOL.

i've been selling RF soj's on AH i know what im talking about. i know what prices people are willing to pay based on what i sold, so dun come in here and tell people what the "average price" to aim for when they are not remotely close to what others are willing to pay for.

u might have sold some before at some stupid low 30m price, but that's your choice to make such little margin

prices are dictated by buyers, not sellers. basically u just suggest this poor OP take forever to locate a 5/29/6 under 40m, what kind of dumb suggestion is this

here is one actualy useful advice

best time slots to search for sojs = 2-5am monday or sunday PST, prices USUALLY start rising starting thursday (not always but more likely)
Edited by Lastfighta#1786 on 8/16/2013 4:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
...i know what im talking about.

please shut up.
Reply Quote
The one I use is 5%/9maxdisp/26%elite/7%crit I bidwar and won for 50k gold :)
Reply Quote
View profile
SoJ's are one of the few places where you can get a smoking deal if you are very patient. I have Cold Dmg rings with 30% Elite Bonus for every major skill the DH has, and I never paid north of 50m.

However, these were all purchases of opportunity, in that I tend review the available rings on a periodic basis, and make purchases when I discover a good find. If one is in a hurry, then it can be expensive to land the ring you want.

Like others have said on this thread, people price them funny because it is impossible to determine the value on certain Skill bonuses unless you have good insight into the class that the Skill belongs to.
Reply Quote
08/16/2013 04:49 PMPosted by hmk21
...i know what im talking about.

please shut up.

+1

you have no idea what you are talking about
Reply Quote
Elemental damage is useless, you shouldn't be using any of the applicable skills if you're using a rapid fire SoJ. The one remotely reasonable skill would be Guardian Turret, and the damage there is so minor that 1% elemental damage isn't worth anything. It adds sheet DPS, nothing more.

I picked up a 5/29/7 RF SoJ for 75m and it was an amazing deal. You can find a 5/29+/5 for probably 50-70m if you're willing to wait, but it's definitely worth it.
Reply Quote
08/17/2013 09:37 PMPosted by Gamdol
1% elemental damage isn't worth anything

LOL

If u're happy with 5%, cool but 1% isn't peanuts damage. Just FYI
Reply Quote
08/17/2013 09:39 PMPosted by SwSw
1% elemental damage isn't worth anything

LOL

My gear is better than most people's, and it is. 2000 dps is nothing, and guess what, that's just sheet dps. In practice that's 0% bonus damage. If you don't understand how +elemental damage works, that's fine, but you clearly didn't read the rest of my post if you got to that part and thought yourself qualified to comment.
Reply Quote
Elemental damage is useless, you shouldn't be using any of the applicable skills if you're using a rapid fire SoJ. The one remotely reasonable skill would be Guardian Turret, and the damage there is so minor that 1% elemental damage isn't worth anything. It adds sheet DPS, nothing more.

Elemental damage applies to all skills, not just Guardian Turret. This is not "x% damage to all fire skill" Soj adds x% of elemental dmg to your black dmg (so more so to Calamity users than manticore users)

LOL

My gear is better than most people's, and it is. 2000 dps is nothing, and guess what, that's just sheet dps. In practice that's 0% bonus damage. If you don't understand how +elemental damage works, that's fine, but you clearly didn't read the rest of my post if you got to that part and thought yourself qualified to comment.

It's not just sheet dps. Those elemental % adds base raw dps and it's the closest eDPS you can get in game. And it adds more than just 1% raw dps. You have to remember that all your plus rapid fire % will be effected by your 1% added raw dps too. So it's actually 1% of more dps which then translates to that much more CC, CD, IAS, Rapid Fire Bonus %, AND 30% elite bonus added on to it.

Though your sheet might say it's only 2000 dps increase, it's technically alot more.

Also, elite % only effects elites. So I much rather have 6/29/7 than 5/30/7,

I do hope some math wiz can join in and give more fixated number though.
Edited by Iscariot#1538 on 8/17/2013 11:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I picked up a 5/29/7 RF SoJ for 75m and it was an amazing deal. You can find a 5/29+/5 for probably 50-70m if you're willing to wait, but it's definitely worth it.

Perhaps you're thinking of the cold-snaring effect of cold elemental damage? If not, you're either thinking of something very obscure, or you are, in fact, incorrect in your thinking of how elemental damage works. Elemental damage buffs your weapon's black damage, not the element damage of your ability. In other words, its not useless.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/17/2013 10:51 PMPosted by Gamdol

the tooltip comparison is lying if you don't know, or better worded missing information.

If you equip the item then go back to your old gear it will tell you the real difference.

But if you only get 2000 dps from 1% then that means your real dps is only 200k with buff for physical weapon and a Manticore will only gain 54.2% (683/1260) so your buff dps being 369k without any other mmd (this include Ruby).

btw when you get to the end on gearing, this 1% is what everyone is after.

1% for 300k dps is 3k, but for a 600k dps it is 6k.
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 8/18/2013 12:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You would be correct if any of the applicable skills for Demon Hunter were black damage. As is, you're just proving your ignorance by reciting the more general known facts about +elemental damage. Elemental damage increases your black damage done by X%. What it does -not- affect are any skills that "Deals X% weapon damage as <element>". Elemental damage has no effect on these skills, even if the elemental damage is the same as the <element>.

Examples:

Hungering Arrow: "Fire a magically imbued arrow that seeks out targets for 115% weapon damage and has..." +elemental damage DOES affect this skill

Rapid Fire: "Rapidly fire for 438% weapon damage as Physical." +elemental damage DOES NOT affect this skill

Please take a moment to inform yourself on your own skills, the large majority (all but 2-3 useful ones) deal damage as an element already, and do NOT deal black damage. I love how quickly people jump to prove someone wrong on the forums without having a clue how the mechanics of the game actually work.

Consider yourselves informed.

Edit: In case the conclusion is lost on anyone, the 5/6% elemental damage means jack s- for Rapid Fire and most other DH skills.
Edited by Gamdol#1990 on 8/18/2013 12:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
You would be correct if any of the applicable skills for Demon Hunter were black damage. As is, you're just proving your ignorance by reciting the more general known facts about +elemental damage. Elemental damage increases your black damage done by X%. What it does -not- affect are any skills that "Deals X% weapon damage as <element>". Elemental damage has no effect on these skills, even if the elemental damage is the same as the <element>.

Examples:

Hungering Arrow: "Fire a magically imbued arrow that seeks out targets for 115% weapon damage and has..." +elemental damage DOES affect this skill

Rapid Fire: "Rapidly fire for 438% weapon damage as Physical." +elemental damage DOES NOT affect this skill

Please take a moment to inform yourself on your own skills, the large majority (all but 2-3 useful ones) deal damage as an element already, and do NOT deal black damage. I love how quickly people jump to prove someone wrong on the forums without having a clue how the mechanics of the game actually work.

Consider yourselves informed.

Edit: In case the conclusion is lost on anyone, the 5/6% elemental damage means jack s- for Rapid Fire and most other DH skills.

Are you out of your mind? Skills have nothing to do with % elemental damage.
Skills does not care if your manticore has 280-570 Poison Damage or calamity has 270-800 Black Damage. Skills will use whatever your total damage is from you weapon regardless of its element.

What DOES matter is that % elemental damage DOES increase black damage of the weapon. THUS, increasing your dps REGARDLESS of what skill you use.
Reply Quote
Thanks for not reading my post, you're completely ignorant.

If a SKILL does not deal black damage, it doesn't get elemental % bonus.

Please read more than a word before you spout uninformed crap.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/18/2013 12:27 AMPosted by Gamdol

Very Interesting. So I tested.

08/18/2013 12:44 AMPosted by Gamdol

This is coming from someone misinformed everyone. So we are all good

This is my result
I'm in NORMAL naked with a WHITE Hellion

So I tested with a 5% cold SoJ
Hungering Arrow - Puncturing (white)
damage increase by 5%
Evasive Fire - Surge (Lightning)
damage increase by 5%
Multishot - Fire at Will (Lightning)
damage increase by 5%
Elemental Arrow - Screaming Skull (Fire)
damage increase by 5%

and for those that don't know, if you have CtW, your damage will increase by 15% on hit if you are dealing cold but not slow. SO chill will proc CtW on hit, but snare will only proc CtW on the second hit.

oh I found a leg chest when testing if anyone wants it can get it from me.
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 8/18/2013 1:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote

08/17/2013 10:51 PMPosted by Gamdol

Idiot

I'll add you to the list of DH noobs we have here.

And guess what

19k elite kills. I should have known better.
Edited by SwSw#2890 on 8/18/2013 1:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/18/2013 12:27 AMPosted by Gamdol

Say u're wearing a cold SoJ, yes RF does not snare the mobs and you get no CtW bonus

BUT

What you said was:

How so? it increase the damage of RF it just does not contribute the snare effect

Do u think I have no idea? I've been playing with elemental stuff since last year dude.

If a skill isn't black, it doesn't get the 6% bonus? c'mon. Do u think everyone is stupid to equip inna's belt, SoJ and Zuni boots and not get the bonus?
Reply Quote
Oh, and consider yourself informed...

Noob list:
1. Suomi
2. EremiteWhite
3. Gamdol
Edited by SwSw#2890 on 8/18/2013 1:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks for not reading my post, you're completely ignorant.

Please read more than a word before you spout uninformed crap.

I think you need to read up more on how elemental damage and black damage work lol
Reply Quote
that 1% elemental damage isn't worth anything. It adds sheet DPS, nothing more.

once you go pass the 1m+ crits on bombardment you'll start to think otherwise

08/18/2013 01:01 AMPosted by KirusAlufras
and for those that don't know, if you have CtW, your damage will increase by 15% on hit if you are dealing cold but not slow. SO chill will proc CtW on hit, but snare will only proc CtW on the second hit.

are you sure bout this? I've always had the impression that anything that's slowed get extra 15% damage... can someone verify this please.

08/18/2013 01:09 AMPosted by SwSw
Do u think everyone is stupid to equip inna's belt, SoJ and Zuni boots and not get the bonus?

what are these noob items you speak of?^^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]