Diablo® III

anyone have a rapid fire SOJ for sale?

08/18/2013 01:53 AMPosted by Impreza
what are these noob items you speak of?^^

Those you are wearing.

did you see my offer to buy your DH for 100m? how long you need to consider?

and for those that don't know, if you have CtW, your damage will increase by 15% on hit if you are dealing cold but not slow. SO chill will proc CtW on hit, but snare will only proc CtW on the second hit.

what? i don't think so.

First sentence yes but second i don't think so. Did u test it? I think on theory sounds legit but then we are speaking about devs from Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Whoops, I was wrong, only elemental effect is based on skill being black damage.

5%/6% is effective on everything, did some testing myself with actual numbers since everyone simply said 'no you're wrong' and provided nothing besides 'yeah I tested it works', no numbers.

Apologies!
Reply Quote
08/18/2013 01:57 AMPosted by Gamdol
did some testing myself with actual numbers since everyone simply said 'no you're wrong' and provided nothing besides 'yeah I tested it works', no numbers.

Why should we post numbers when we got this:

08/17/2013 10:51 PMPosted by Gamdol
If you don't understand how +elemental damage works, that's fine, but you clearly didn't read the rest of my post if you got to that part and thought yourself qualified to comment.

08/18/2013 12:27 AMPosted by Gamdol
Consider yourselves informed.

08/18/2013 12:27 AMPosted by Gamdol
I love how quickly people jump to prove someone wrong on the forums without having a clue how the mechanics of the game actually work

08/18/2013 12:44 AMPosted by Gamdol
Thanks for not reading my post, you're completely ignorant.

08/18/2013 12:44 AMPosted by Gamdol
Please read more than a word before you spout uninformed crap.
Reply Quote
Why are you so angry that you're following me around? It's a little bit sad, perhaps someone is wrong on the general forums, you should head over there real quick and be 'helpful'!

You got jokes kid, they just aren't good ones.
Reply Quote
Why are you so angry that you're following me around? It's a little bit sad, perhaps someone is wrong on the general forums, you should head over there real quick and be 'helpful'!

You got jokes kid, they just aren't good ones.

Oh, so this is how u play eh?

First you called those who informed you of your mistakes ignorant and etc and now u tried to shift it back to us by saying we didn't provide you with a proper explanation why you were wrong.

I was trying to tell you why no one gave you numbers.

And now i'm angry and mad? man, i'm watching your butcher vid with another player. Try harder.

Nice one noob..
Reply Quote
Try harder? I don't follow...I sat there and tanked him without changing a single skill or piece of gear than I use farming all of the time...

I guess walking to Butcher is trying hard now?

Take a chill pill buddy, you're going to get stress issues if you keep this up.
Reply Quote
Try harder? I don't follow...I sat there and tanked him without changing a single skill or piece of gear than I use farming all of the time...

I guess walking to Butcher is trying hard now?

Take a chill pill buddy, you're going to get stress issues if you keep this up.

Really? i'm watching two vids.

My friend 340k DPS clean. I'm assuming you're close if you remove archery but your time is 3 times his time.

So yeah, maybe better time next time? =)
Reply Quote
I'm going to stop responding to you because I'm worried about your health, hopefully you can contain that anger in the future and live a long and healthy life.

Like I said, 0 effort. I hope your friend feels really good about trying to beat my time on the Butcher, I bet you're both proud, good work.
Reply Quote
hole's deep enough...

stop digging some more
Reply Quote
and for those that don't know, if you have CtW, your damage will increase by 15% on hit if you are dealing cold but not slow. SO chill will proc CtW on hit, but snare will only proc CtW on the second hit.

It's on hit for both cold and slows. Entangling shot for example, gets the CtW bonus on hit every time. Basically as long as the skill you are using causes the unit to snare and do damage, it will apply CtW on the initial hit.
Reply Quote
@SwSw

He was wrong, you were right. He openly admitted it so instead of pointing fingers and calling names just carry on with you life dude.
Reply Quote
View profile
are you sure bout this? I've always had the impression that anything that's slowed get extra 15% damage... can someone verify this please.

I just notice that this time, when I did the test. I never tested the effect before.

So for example if you use Entangling Shot you need to shot twice to see a damage bonus from CtW. But when you have a cold SoJ, you first shot will do the same damage as your second shot (you can use 2 different SoJ to double check, I didn't do it yet).
The easiest one to test will be to use Hungering Arrow or Evasive Fire because they do 1-hit. Shooting with a Cold SoJ and deal cold damage will give you the the 15% bonus right off the back.

It would be great if someone else can double check

We can think of it this way as if Cold damage will chill and snare the target at the same time. But our regular slow attack does not do that.

It's on hit for both cold and slows. Entangling shot for example, gets the CtW bonus on hit every time. Basically as long as the skill you are using causes the unit to snare and do damage, it will apply CtW on the initial hit.

I did testing with ES. Or was it too late my eyes are lying to me.

Give me another try I will have to video it this time.
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 8/18/2013 8:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
are you sure bout this? I've always had the impression that anything that's slowed get extra 15% damage... can someone verify this please.

I just notice that this time, when I did the test. I never tested the effect before.

So for example if you use Entangling Shot you need to shot twice to see a damage bonus from CtW. But when you have a cold SoJ, you first shot will do the same damage as your second shot (you can use 2 different SoJ to double check, I didn't do it yet).
The easiest one to test will be to use Hungering Arrow or Evasive Fire because they do 1-hit. Shooting with a Cold SoJ and deal cold damage will give you the the 15% bonus right off the back.

It would be great if someone else can double check

We can think of it this way as if Cold damage will chill and snare the target at the same time. But our regular slow attack does not do that.

I did testing with ES. Or was it too late my eyes are lying to me.

Give me another try I will have to video it this time.

Just did the test again and yeah you're right. I wonder if it was always this way, because I felt like there was a time in which it wasn't (there were threads back in the day on this as well). Seems like one of those ninja changes during patch time, similar to CA Maelstrom in the recent.
Edited by DiEoxidE#1987 on 8/18/2013 8:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@SwSw

He was wrong, you were right. He openly admitted it so instead of pointing fingers and calling names just carry on with you life dude.

Yeah I know. I was just giving him a taste of his own medicine. =D
Reply Quote
08/18/2013 08:24 AMPosted by KirusAlufras
So for example if you use Entangling Shot you need to shot twice to see a damage bonus from CtW.

u sure? but oh well, ES is mostly crap to me anyways

How about HA?

08/18/2013 08:24 AMPosted by KirusAlufras
But when you have a cold SoJ, you first shot will do the same damage as your second shot

YEah that's my initial guess. You sure?
Reply Quote
YEah that's my initial guess. You sure?

Yeah it's like that for all weapon damage skills with cold SOJ. Made a vid showing this much some time back.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/18/2013 08:44 AMPosted by SwSw
How about HA?

HA
white damage w/o Cold will not proc CtW
white damage w/ Cold will proc CtW
so each shot is increased by 15% if you got a cold SoJ

But Slow does not proc CtW on first tick. ES will take 2 shot to see the difference.
ES
white damage w/o Cold will proc CtW on secession hits
white damage w/ Cold will proc CtW on each hit

I hope this is clear
* white damage is what I would call attacks without an element, black will be physical.

I can make a video, but I don't know how long will it take to upload, give me a hour.
Reply Quote
is my SOJ decent? It adds a TON of dps elites. With rapid fire does about 1.8m\sec on elites. Shame its single target attack. :(
Reply Quote
View profile
here is the video

http://youtu.be/FbeE2lxPI48

I think it is too long tho, might be able to cut it down, and not use a Holy SoJ, as the bright flash makes it hard to see the damage numbers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]