Diablo® III

Good old Fashioned WindForce Fun

Just thought i'd share with you guys what I'm messing around with at the moment. This isnt really a guide or anything, just wanna show what im working on right now.

Got a decent all round build for mp6 (can work higher too, but mp6 is efficient level for my DPS)

Skills that really make good use of Windforce and have an all round spread of effectiveness... Aoe and single target.

Windforce is great because of the Knockback and Life steal (helpful) - Although not always as useful in a party, sometimes people like it, sometimes people get annoyed :P

Skill Layout:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bcidVg!YXe!ZbabZc

Night stalker + Archery + Steady Aim.... Damage and Discipline! YUMMY!

Entangle Shot - Shock Collar: Great procs for nightstalker and Windforce Knockback.

Rapid Fire - Fire support: Great Proc co-efficiency and the best single target damage... Good for taking out Elites. Watch that disc fly back up!

Elemental Arrow - Ball Lightning: This takes out the white mobs. Great AoE and procs. This kinda limits the build because of the low damage, but its brilliant as long as it deals with the trash mobs.

Tumble + Shadow Glide for mobility and life regen

Preparation - Punishment: You'll have so much spare disc that you can really utilise this skill!

Windforce + these skills does a great job of keeping enemies at bay! You can really keep ranged with this combo and make use of steady aim too. Its also a hell of a lot of fun.

Gear and stats that help:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/D3MON-2220/hero/29559790

Windforce - obviously :D

Crit chance at least at 50% - i have mine at 60+ for more nightstalker regen.

Fast attack speed is great - dont worry about rapid fire draining your hatred too much, easy to get the hatred back with disc and punishment.

I got a Dead mans Legacy with elemental damage to make that a little more powerful... you can get rapid fire cc instead but really i dont find i need that and it seems beneficial to get the extra damage on elemental arrow to take out that trash quicker.

Benifits of build...

you can really go quite glass canon style with this because you keep everything off your back so often...

Things to watch out for

Wallers.... damn those wallers man! They really slow you down :D

Reflect Damage - not so bad (windforce doesnt do that much damage really so you wont 1 shot yourself and you can leech life back without shadow power active - not enough though to drop shadow power all together, but it helps a fair amount!)

Yellow dudes - Blues are easy, they can be knocked back, but yellow fellows are immune....

Shielding - stops them from being knocked back too... annoying dudes.

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7A8B8_QRgs&feature=youtu.be
Edited by D3MON#2220 on 8/13/2013 2:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This is a very good build for Windforce, but after having run it for a long time I prefer the HA:SoT with ST:Scatter over ES:SC and EA:BL. Requires cold damage though.
Reply Quote
08/13/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Merlin
This is a very good build for Windforce, but after having run it for a long time I prefer the HA:SoT with ST:Scatter over ES:SC and EA:BL. Requires cold damage though.

I played quite a bit with scatter and its pretty great with Cold SOJ - bit like with DiEoxidEs stone cold hunter. Definitely cool, but i dont particularly like hungering arrow or using soj so ending up with this. its great for lower mp fast runs because of BL and rapid fire take care of elites pretty swiftly.

Good fun anyway :P
Reply Quote
08/13/2013 02:49 PMPosted by D3MON

I played quite a bit with scatter and its pretty great with Cold SOJ - bit like with DiEoxidEs stone cold hunter. Definitely cool, but i dont particularly like hungering arrow or using soj so ending up with this. its great for lower mp fast runs because of BL and rapid fire take care of elites pretty swiftly.

Good fun anyway :P

I don't like SoJ either, that's why I use Tal Rasha's. :D I love BL for MP6 or lower, but I prefer ST for MP6+.
Reply Quote
Reflect Damage - not so bad (windforce doesnt do that much damage really so you wont 1 shot yourself and you can leech life back without shadow power active - not enough though to drop shadow power all together, but it helps a fair amount!)

I did actually drop shadow power altogether. My bolas do about 80~100k damage, the LS coupled with my brooding actually helps keep it quite balanced out. I let my sentries deal the remainder of the damage, the bolas are merely to keep mobs stunned.
Reply Quote
No shadow power for me either. With 100k+ life and brooding and the small lifesteal from WF I don't need SP. Although I switch Sentry rune to aid station if I'm running MP9-10. I can run MP8 with very very rare deaths with no SP.

The Nightstalker + Punishment is really nice with Rapid Fire. I ran that for awhile before I switched builds and picked up Brooding and dropped SP. With Windforce and high AS (which you want with WF) you can't channel RF indefinitely unless you run NS+P.
Reply Quote
Demon - I may be wrong on this but I'm pretty sure if you were to get a WF with immobilize on it rather than stun you will see your stun/immobilize happen much more often, again I could be wrong but I dont think they stack unless they are same affix. And something else to try, since shock collar is not a main damage source and you can get decent return from nightstalker on RF, give chain gang a try. The ability to snare four enemies per shot should be huge for Ball Lightnings purposes. Though it will rely a little bit more on your scoundrel for the KB rather than your own bow as the proc rate is much lower on CG than SC.

;) I will give this build a shot tonite
Reply Quote
08/13/2013 03:55 PMPosted by TheGreatKhan
WF with immobilize on it rather than stun you will see your stun/immobilize happen much more often

Did that one time but with Fear WF and 49% KB.. EA-Screaming skulls, 3.25 APS, Fear-Star Amu. Cluster Grenades, RoV, Chains of Torment.

I got kicked out of the Public Game.. XD
Reply Quote
08/13/2013 05:20 PMPosted by Chrizzle
WF with immobilize on it rather than stun you will see your stun/immobilize happen much more often

Did that one time but with Fear WF and 49% KB.. EA-Screaming skulls, 3.25 APS, Fear-Star Amu. Cluster Grenades, RoV, Chains of Torment.

I got kicked out of the Public Game.. XD

Lol. I get kick out by CM Wiz all the time. 3.25APS? I wish I could reach that
Reply Quote
View profile
^ Nyan once kicked me out of a game when I was using the WF :0D
Reply Quote
08/13/2013 03:55 PMPosted by TheGreatKhan
And something else to try, since shock collar is not a main damage source and you can get decent return from nightstalker on RF, give chain gang a try. The ability to snare four enemies per shot should be huge for Ball Lightnings purposes.

I agree with this. I think shock collar is very overrated. The DoT looks great on paper but it does not stack, which basically means if you keep using it that say your APS is 2.5 you will only get to effectively apply the DoT once every 2 seconds or once every 5 shots.

Given increased mob density of most farming areas, chain gang is highly effective.
Reply Quote
The47thSen & Merlin, Its cool that you guys can drop shadow power... its annoying having to use it in every build.

I guess you've kinda swapped an active skill slot for a passive one in brooding though... Brooding gives you a more all rounded form of life regen i guess, but i do like the bonus run speed from shadow glide too so i doubt ill be making the switch (would also need more life... at 70k right now but its probably not enough).

TheGreatKhan, Ill give chain gang a try definitely! Im so used to shock collar because of its great proc rate, but i do love a bit of Chain Gang.

Were you referring to my companions WF with the immobilize, as my windforce is with socket rather then extra procs like immobilize or stun?

Lemme know what u think if you get a chance to try the build out.

08/13/2013 07:06 PMPosted by Tropicalypso
^ Nyan once kicked me out of a game when I was using the WF :0D

Lol, nyan hates playing with me on Eu because of my windforce... i have to use my other char most of the time :P

I agree with this. I think shock collar is very overrated. The DoT looks great on paper but it does not stack, which basically means if you keep using it that say your APS is 2.5 you will only get to effectively apply the DoT once every 2 seconds or once every 5 shots.

Given increased mob density of most farming areas, chain gang is highly effective.

True, the DoT doesnt stack (shame) but i find it does more damage then cinder arrow as it takes a few more shots to even reach shock collars DoT... i know you didnt mention cinder, but someone might ;)

I'll give chain gang a go, but might miss the procs from Shock collar. I'll check it out :)
Reply Quote
08/14/2013 01:24 AMPosted by D3MON
Lol, nyan hates playing with me on Eu because of my windforce... i have to use my other char most of the time :P

He learned how to "manage" Echoing Fury (Torturous Ground) . . . will learn how to manage WF Kb and Monk's Bell too . . . XD XD
Reply Quote
08/13/2013 06:46 PMPosted by VietPho
Lol. I get kick out by CM Wiz all the time. 3.25APS? I wish I could reach that

All APS Items at max :) With Enchantress I think. Haha. I forgot :) Higher if you get WD Buff, Wiz Buff and Shrine ^_^

08/14/2013 01:57 AMPosted by Babudoiuz

He learned how to "manage" Echoing Fury (Torturous Ground) . . . will learn how to manage WF Kb and Monk's Bell too . . . XD XD

I manage that by going the other way and KB them back to where the Monk :)) So we'll play ping-pong :))
Reply Quote
hey man are you online tonight?
Reply Quote
Actually with this build would twin chakram be better than BL? Just for more damage.
Edited by Alagos#3786 on 8/14/2013 6:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/14/2013 06:07 AMPosted by Alagos
Actually with this build would twin chakram be better than BL? Just for more damage.

Twin Chakrams is a great skill. I just really like the BL for this build. Its got a great amount of area damage, probably more then Chakrams? Also when you come across an elite with dampening shield its a full on party.

Got chakrams on my other char so wanted to be different here :P

Still its a decent option.

08/14/2013 04:29 AMPosted by Mesercus
hey man are you online tonight?

Me dude?

Eu or Us? Not sure i can make it on tonight either?
Reply Quote
Ima try this... Wanting to go gloom less... Is there such a way? I can run gloom less on mp6 but would love to do it on mp10 in the future if it's at all possible.
Reply Quote
08/14/2013 06:53 AMPosted by shingO
Ima try this... Wanting to go gloom less... Is there such a way? I can run gloom less on mp6 but would love to do it on mp10 in the future if it's at all possible.

You might want to ask these guys for more tips on that ;)

08/13/2013 03:18 PMPosted by The47thSen

I did actually drop shadow power altogether. My bolas do about 80~100k damage, the LS coupled with my brooding actually helps keep it quite balanced out. I let my sentries deal the remainder of the damage, the bolas are merely to keep mobs stunned.

No shadow power for me either. With 100k+ life and brooding and the small lifesteal from WF I don't need SP. Although I switch Sentry rune to aid station if I'm running MP9-10. I can run MP8 with very very rare deaths with no SP.

The Nightstalker + Punishment is really nice with Rapid Fire. I ran that for awhile before I switched builds and picked up Brooding and dropped SP. With Windforce and high AS (which you want with WF) you can't channel RF indefinitely unless you run NS+P.

Seems like high vit + brooding + aid station + windforce = Win
Reply Quote
View profile
I wish knockback didn't override immobilize/frozen :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]