Diablo® III

Quick Question

Just wondering how the Wizard's (Teleport) skill will work without having a cursor to aim where you want to go? When you hit a direction on the analog stick does it just randomly shoot you somewhere in that direction?
Reply Quote
It probably shoots you a set distance in the direction your character is facing, with some error correction to put you on, for example, the other side of a wall if you'd land on it otherwise.

I don't know about you but Teleport never really behaved all that well for me on the console, so I don't feel like there was a whole lot of precision to lose in the first place.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/14/2013 10:14 AMPosted by NightFly
Just wondering how the Wizard's (Teleport) skill will work without having a cursor to aim where you want to go? When you hit a direction on the analog stick does it just randomly shoot you somewhere in that direction?

Many of the skills on Diablo III console had to be fine tuned for direct control, and behave differently than the PC version. In the case of Teleport, the skill will move the player a fixed distance in whatever direction the wizard is facing, regardless of what they have targeted. Other skills change if the player has a selected target, for instance Leap will move the character in the direction they are facing if they have nothing selected, or to their current target if they do.
Edited by Grimiku on 8/14/2013 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/14/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Grimiku
In the case of Teleport the skill will move the character a fixed distance in whatever direction the wizard is facing. Other skills, like Leap for barbarians, will move the character in the direction they are facing or to the currently targeted monster.

thank you I was wondering this for awhile too, but I was just going to be surprised when I found out. :)
Reply Quote
I see in the console version, characters can do rollings on floors. It looks cool. Will the PC version get that in the future patch?
Reply Quote
Community Manager
08/14/2013 12:41 PMPosted by MisterAjikko
I see in the console version, characters can do rollings on floors. It looks cool. Will the PC version get that in the future patch?

This question gets brought up now and then, and I agree that it's pretty cool. More than that, it's an integral part of direct control, which ultimately requires a significant number of changes to the game in order to be properly implemented. To answer your question, though, we don't have any current plans to support direct control on the PC version, and that includes the evasive roll maneuver.
Reply Quote
I feel that adding rolling would add more frustration than anything else since there's a delay (because it's online, not offline) between our intended action (rolling to dodge) and the confirmation of whether or not we dodged the attack. We would end up "rolling" on our screen while in the server, "you got hit".

It'll be the same situation as we have right now --- We use vault to dodge some attacks, but even if on our screen we are far away, we still take the hit.
Reply Quote
yes, i think with the issues we already have with framerate loss/teleporting backwards, it would add more problems.

EVEN though it woulda been cool to have for pc.
Reply Quote
what about the Hydra spell? Where will it cast?
Reply Quote
08/14/2013 12:56 PMPosted by Grimiku
This question gets brought up now and then, and I agree that it's pretty cool. More than that, it's an integral part of direct control, which ultimately requires a significant number of changes to the game in order to be properly implemented. To answer your question, though, we don't have any current plans to support direct control on the PC version, and that includes the evasive roll maneuver.

Why not just use the scroll wheel? It's not used for anything right now, by default. Scroll ▲ to roll forwards, scroll ▼ to roll backwards, and if you have side-scrolling on your mouse, you can evade sideways by knocking the scroll wheel ◄ or ►.

That is, unless you're planning on finally adding that 7th active skill slot to the game, that Bashiok said you were working on before the launch...
Reply Quote
As much as I would love to have rolling in the PC version, it would probably lead to a veritable poop storm of rubber-banding...

In the case of Teleport, the skill will move the player a fixed distance in whatever direction the wizard is facing, regardless of what they have targeted.

So it's basically like the WoW Mage's Blink?
Edited by Scorch#1428 on 8/14/2013 9:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Many of the skills on Diablo III console had to be fine tuned for direct control, and behave differently than the PC version. In the case of Teleport, the skill will move the player a fixed distance in whatever direction the wizard is facing, regardless of what they have targeted. Other skills change if the player has a selected target, for instance Leap will move the character in the direction they are facing if they have nothing selected, or to their current target if they do.

great, so teleport actually works better on console than PC despite the fact that it is actually technically more limited. I cannot begin to articulate how frustrating it is to get hung on barely visible corners, rocks, etc. while trying to "teleport." of all the skill "fails" in this game, this one has to be at the top of the list. getting hung up on anything utterly defies the notion of what it means to actually teleport. I wonder if this is something that will actually ever get fixed.
Reply Quote
great, so teleport actually works better on console than PC despite the fact that it is actually technically more limited. I cannot begin to articulate how frustrating it is to get hung on barely visible corners, rocks, etc. while trying to "teleport." of all the skill "fails" in this game, this one has to be at the top of the list. getting hung up on anything utterly defies the notion of what it means to actually teleport. I wonder if this is something that will actually ever get fixed.
If you get stuck by clicking yourself where you want to go, what makes you think that the console version of the spell will be any different?
Reply Quote
Yet another feature the PC users miss out on due to blizz requiring us to be always on there USA Servers.

Guessing this reply means there's no plans for a "Offline" PC mode, even without AH/Trade with others?
(Personally would love it, as I live in Australia and totally over HardCore deaths due to DC, let alone other 'features' the console has over PC, due to no lag.)
Reply Quote
That Belial fight looks amazing from the first person perspective.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]