Diablo® III

Blizzard, what's your idea after P500?

So because you play on shared internet Blizzard needs an "idea" for after P500?

Perhaps play on better internet or only play your Hardcore characters when you know others are not using it. Judging by your profile you haven't even attempted Hardcore yet.. I'm sure if you played carefully you'd be fine.

It's not like someone will shout from another room before using youtube. Shared Internet is that, same router, someone downloads a large file, latency goes above 1k (that is, more than 1 second before you realize an elite used vortex, etc, etc.). Besides, I've played HC before (98 in D2, no shared internet back then) and is more like a job, a project, than a game.

Anyways, the question goes towards content in the game. Once all 5 classes reach the highest level available, what's next?
Edited by Nicator#1579 on 8/14/2013 4:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Nicator
To play hc is just painful and i get it totaly why its not an option.
Had 4 dcs till i reached paragon 22 on my hc wds.
Its just stupid and no challenge at all.

U should really check out multiboxing thats THE ONLY thing which is a serious challenge in this game.

Well it works for me and i played a LOT.
Reply Quote
Multibox with 4 different classes would be cool.
Reply Quote
08/13/2013 07:31 PMPosted by Nicator
My WD just reached P100, completing all 5 classes, and I'm wondering what to do next.

I think you have to get out of the mindset of efficiency (necessary to make the p100's) and make a fun build, one that doesn't work by your current standards.

I've just made a second dh. It is almost to much fun. He is a perfectionist with the vengeance and much into punishment. His hatred regenerates but he has so much discipline that he just keeps on punishing. He has a bit to much ias specially for those moment when he drowns in hatred.

Health globes give both hatred and disc. When full, punishment fills the hatred 2 additional times leaving a lot of disc, I shoot up to 3 hungering arrow to finance 1 more cluster arrow then the disc is full enough to fill the hatred again.

The fun is that for this build dps is just as good as hatret regen, max disipline, or cluster arrow cost reduction. All of those mods make things more efficient. :-)

One could also make the sentry dh without crit damage. Imagine how hard that is? I'm sure people will enjoy getting killed by sentries in pvp when you get it to work.

I have all sorts of crazy builds. Most are just terrible.

My Ashearas uniform monk:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/gaby-2194/hero/15530821

Look how bad he is, hahaha I just use combination strike with exploding palm and sweeping wind and overawe then the monk miraculously murders everything on mp 0. I was lvl 10 before I could stop laughing. lol
Reply Quote
My WD just reached P100, completing all 5 classes, and I'm wondering what to do next.

Hardcore isn't an option as I play on shared Internet, meaning anyone watching a video will drop latency to +1500. Going after godly gear... well, lets be honest, using what you get while playing there is little chance to have a single char with godly mitigation and DPS; it is possible to finish all classes up to P100 using decent self found, but that's about it. Godly is out of the question unless RMAH, and games should be about skill and time, not paying someone else to do the work for me.

Maybe going after P1000?

Gj now you can shutdown your pc and get a life.
Reply Quote
08/14/2013 07:25 AMPosted by gaby
Multibox with 4 different classes would be cool.

Tried that and its not that cool.
U are not allowed to use any macros or scripts.

There are only very little possibilities running 4 different chars. The most of them are just terrible.
Which are relly working well are the ones u need globes.

SO any kind of wd wizzard and dh mixin works finde.
I tried 2 zombiedogs wd 0 cd 1 wizzard 1 dh. Works fine. Also 2 wd 2 wizzard or 2 dh.
But i cant imagine play that style on a long term its just too annyoing.

In theory u can play how ever u want if u just want play and have fun.

For example melee versions but to use all 6 skills is impossible or u get problems with ressourceregeneration at some point.
Edited by Neo#2279 on 8/14/2013 7:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Fact is this isn't a 'problem' yet.

We haven't even reached a point where having a single P100 is a problem. I'd bet you fewer than 5% of active players have reached that benchmark.

Blizzard has touched on expanding the paragon system to keep leveling meaningful. They've not offered any specifics but I would imagine you could expect a change with the expansion pack.
Edited by babinro#1836 on 8/14/2013 9:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
@ OP.

Idk man, feels like you beat the game honestly lol. Take it easy till expack. Personally just grinding one toon to 100 is long enough but D3 is more a side thing for me, i mostly focus on WoW and LoL.
Edited by Griever#1994 on 8/14/2013 9:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Let me guess "Softcore Mode" ?? buhhhh go do it in "Hardcore Mode"

Congrats either way!
Edited by NeLLy#1854 on 8/14/2013 9:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My goal is p500 and hope they dont make paragon levels shared between classes cause then we will be badly fuc*ed up.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Congrats on reaching Paragon 100 with all five classes, Nicator! That is a lot of time spent in Diablo III, and I think there is no harm in taking a break if you're feeling burned out after all that. If you're up for more Diablo III, though, I think the next step is completing all of the achievements if you haven't already. We have a lot of changes planned for the future that might interest you, so you might want to keep an eye on the website, but no updates are planned for the immediate future.
Edited by Grimiku on 8/14/2013 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
No way you got p100 x5.

**checks profile**

SWEET BABY JESUS HE ACTUALLY DID IT! HOLY CRAP!

Ya and whats more impressive is that judging by the high number of elite kills he did it legit. Grats man!
Reply Quote
08/14/2013 09:37 AMPosted by Grimiku
Congrats on reaching Paragon 100 with all five classes, Nicator! That is a lot of time spent in Diablo III, and I think there is no harm in taking a break if your feeling burned out after all that. If you're up for more Diablo III, though, I think the next step is completing all of the achievements if you haven't already. We have a lot of changes planned for the future that might interest you, so you might want to keep an eye on the website, but no updates are planned for the immediate future.

but no updates are planned for the immediate future.

OH NOES! really? That is SO not good news :(
Reply Quote
take a break, when you get something to yourself, please join us in hardcore :). forget what you think about it, i didnt even think people did hardcore when i started, was just goofing off with a buddy. the first time you almost die, and your heart is pounding and breathing labored, that is what will sell you on hardcore. i could have done p500, maybe not even 100 on softcore.

im nearing my second, i hope to be a 500 eventually :). good luck in the future.
Reply Quote
I think the next step is completing all of the achievements if you haven't already.

A lot of achievements are bugged. Like The hero's new clothes (killed all 4 naked, only got Diablo ticked in the list) and crispy critters (either bugged or I missed them by 1 frame 4 times)
And these achievements are not bugged for everyone, I saw a few people with them.
Reply Quote
After P500. Perhaps a nice walk in the park. Rekindle the romance with your girlfriend. Begin scouting for your fantasy football league. Catch up on world events.

Basically take a breather. You've earned it.

Definitely got your $60 worth.

THIS
Reply Quote
but no updates are planned for the immediate future.

well, I guess that puts out that if an expansion announcement is to be expected, ITS ANOTHER YEAR WAIT! GG Blizz.
Reply Quote
I think the next step is completing all of the achievements if you haven't already.

A lot of achievements are bugged. Like The hero's new clothes (killed all 4 naked, only got Diablo ticked in the list) and crispy critters (either bugged or I missed them by 1 frame 4 times)
And these achievements are not bugged for everyone, I saw a few people with them.

Hero's New Clothes may take 2 attempts for the ticks. I took me 2 for to get the Butcher tick. So it may be bugged but it's not undoable. Just got it a few days ago.

Crispy Critters, as far as I know isn't bugged as I got it the first time. Did you fry the right scorpions?

P.S. I got both achievements in 1.0.8.
Edited by Ishmael#1908 on 8/14/2013 12:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]