Diablo® III

Well this is just GREAT !

Nvm, Annual Pass = commitment of a year

I'm not sure why they would want to word it like that, makes it seem like a game card or subscription option.

But these days I'm not sure why Blizzard does a lot of things that they do.
Reply Quote
What scam? Maybe there is a misunderstanding Neo? This is not about having to pay for WoW forever or they take away D3. This is about meeting a contract obligation to pay one WoW sub for a year in return for D3 and a mount.

They had a promotional offer that said if agree to keep paying your WoW sub for a year you got D3 for free. For long term WoW players that was a pretty good deal seeing as they were going to stay subbed anyway. At the end of that year, as long as you had fulfilled the agreement, D3 was your permanently. If players broke he contract during that year then they took D3 away - just like they said they would. They also took back a special mount on the WoW account. However, Blizzard is not heartless so if the OP had contacted them shortly after the WoW sub lapsed then they would have been happy to help re-apply the rewards as soon as the OP paid the balance. I suspect the OP waited too long in this case which may be why they can no longer assist.

Not sure how taking away a reward when someone does not meet their end of a contract is a scam.

Well i thought u buy this 1 year of wow subscription and get Diablo3 for free.
So there is no way u can just contract the 1 year subscritpion?

If its like that... that u just GET Diablo3 for free if u used 1 year WOW then everything is alright and there is no scam.

But if he had wow subscription ofr 1 year and 1 day then dont want play wow anymore and the free Diablo3 is gone then it would be a scam.

So to be clear... the op didnt have 1 year WOW subscription? He quit before the 12 moths?
If so there is no scam i agree.
Reply Quote
I don't get it...
didn't the pass finish months ago?
shouldn't this dude be all good?
Reply Quote
I don't get it...

Thats what i dont understnad either.
Ther emust be some mistake!
Reply Quote
Nvm, Annual Pass = commitment of a year

I'm not sure why they would want to word it like that, makes it seem like a game card or subscription option.

But these days I'm not sure why Blizzard does a lot of things that they do.

When you sign a "2 year commitment" to get a discount on a new phone/upgrade with a wireless phone company they don't make you pay for the two years all at once. You just get your normal plan and just say you will pay for two years. There are ways out, too.
Reply Quote
I don't get it...

Thats what i dont understnad either.
Ther emust be some mistake!

He let the WoW subs "lapse", meaning he missed a bunch of monthly payments. So no, he never paid for the whole year of WoW subs.
Reply Quote
I took advantage of the annual pass and I've been laughing (or crying) about it for over a year now. I had no interest in beta testing the wow expac for Panda Land, in fact I quit playing WoW because of Panda Land. Tyrael's Charger sucked, it was the most unappealing flying mount Bliz has ever come out with, and then there's this game.... Boy was D3 ever a worthwhile investment of my time and money because I continued paying WoW fees for 5 months after I quit playing the game since I signed up for the annual pass. LOL

They saw a lot of us coming when they devised the annual pass program.
Reply Quote
08/14/2013 12:15 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Not sure how taking away a reward when someone does not meet their end of a contract is a scam.

Let me explain it to you.

He lapsed accidentally, and tried to restore one of the 3 accounts he payed for, which totals 45 dollars a month in WoW subs.

So loyal customer since vanilla, has paid blizz anywhere from $500 (1 year of subs for 3 accts) - $5000 (9 years and a couple store purchases), gets the shaft due to a simple user error that he was willing to immediately resolve.

If I was to price D3, its probably worth about 20 bucks. I can buy comparable games that are as fun or more fun, and better supported, for this price on steam.

Even if you value it at its overpriced amount, its still a shame that his loyalty goes unrewarded.

Most companies reward people who exhibit brand loyalty instead of punish them.
Edited by Doc#1615 on 8/14/2013 2:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hi Darkestgrace,

This is our misunderstanding here - the current policy is to set the Annual Pass back up if we are notified within 6 months, which we were not, since the time of the lapse which happened in Sept. 2012 - however, it definitely seems that from my end you've made good on 12 month's worth of subscriptions since the pass was originally set up in November 2011. Apologies for any inconvenience, I'm having this checked out by one of our support representatives now and this should be taken care of in just a bit. I'll update the thread here when I have an update. Thanks!
Reply Quote
what the heck? it lapsed a year ago
and he didn't notice it?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
Most companies reward people who exhibit brand loyalty instead of punish them.

Certainly companies like to have loyal customers however they have to treat them all fairly. When it comes to policies how long you play and how many accounts you have does not change the rules. They treat everyone the same. The OP is not being "punished" - he is dealing with the stated consequences or not meeting the contract.

-He did not make all 12 payments. Of course they take away the rewards. That is what is supposed to happen when you don't fulfill a contract.
-Blizzard DID let people who accidentally lapsed during the AP fix it and get the game restored. This seems to have changed now that the promotion is over though.
-Paying for 3 accounts does not mean they can just give him a free D3 game or they would have to do it for everyone else. Fair is fair. Other players with multiple accounts would feel cheated if they did that.

08/14/2013 02:25 PMPosted by Doc
gets the shaft due to a simple user error that he was willing to immediately resolve.

-The last possible date for the Annual Pass was the end of April so the OP did not deal with it immediately. He probably waited too long to fix it after lapsing and now there is no longer an AP running that he can have re-instated. If he had actually dealt with it right away they could have and would have helped.

I would be interested to see if Bliz has any insight on the current policies though, or if there is anything that can be done for the OP still. Sometimes it is worth asking twice.

Edit - and a wild Blue Araxom appears! Thank you :) Hopefully they can help!
Edited by MissCheetah#1661 on 8/14/2013 3:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi Darkestgrace,

This is our misunderstanding here - the current policy is to set the Annual Pass back up if we are notified within 6 months, which we were not, since the time of the lapse which happened in Sept. 2012 - however, it definitely seems that from my end you've made good on 12 month's worth of subscriptions since the pass was originally set up in November 2011. Apologies for any inconvenience, I'm having this checked out by one of our support representatives now and this should be taken care of in just a bit. I'll update the thread here when I have an update. Thanks!

Champion status. It was never about a true to form scam, just some guy paying way more than what is required of an annual pass and not getting to keep his copy. More of a scam in spirit, but looks like its fixed.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
I completely get why the Billing folks followed policy however sometimes if you just ask the right person something can be done :) *fingers crossed for the OP*
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Kk, we should be good where this is concerned. The pass is being set back up to award the game and Tyrael's Charger (in WoW) - it will only be set for a week, which is less time than it would take for a subscription to reoccur. You will receive a notice that you have signed up for the Annual Pass, but you can disregard that, as it's an automated response that happens when we set the pass back up.

Please either let us know here in the thread or in a response to your ticket if there are any issues with accessing the full version of DIII.

May your loot Goblins be plentiful, and the enemies of the light tremble at your blade!

Edit: Thanks for the assist from the mighty GM Akazamzarak! =)
Edited by Araxom on 8/14/2013 3:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/14/2013 03:17 PMPosted by MissCheetah
I completely get why the Billing folks followed policy however sometimes if you just ask the right person something can be done :) *fingers crossed for the OP*

That was my original point. I get the policy, but sometimes its just like "C'mon, really?"

Like when I paid 1500 dollars on my chase sapphire card mid month and it didn't count as a monthly payment because it was over 14 days out, so I got a late fee.

Sometimes things like that are just depressing and it makes you wish people had enough leeway for common sense allowances occasionally.
Reply Quote
Blizzard does not care about the players as individuals......It's a numbers game for them
Reply Quote
nice to see that help arrived that soon
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Well im very shocked that this got any attention at all but im very pleased with Blizzard. Ty for seeing that ive been a dedicated customer. Im about to go play some D3 !!! WOOT!
Reply Quote
this thread reads so unreal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]