Diablo® III

I Can't Upgrade Anymore...

08/16/2013 08:56 PMPosted by OIVAVOI
offtopic, since i have nobody to ask - is calling sb pal the same as calling them bud,mate or fella?

It has something to do with older English

mate if both of your are in the same boat
bud if you are good friends
fella and pal are the same to my understanding, just a bit more friendlier than calling someone as "hey"
Reply Quote
@KirusAlufras

It's hard to say what to upgrade because I assume you are not giving up the nat's sets you have, so you get down with only Bracers, Shoulders, Amulet and Gloves which are crafted. I've seen better rolls than your amulet and gloves. I crafted over 800 amulets and about 600 gloves. I gave up on gloves and bought rmah. Amulet I kind of got a nice one now but not quite that good, I hope I can roll more dps but keep the loh. LOL.

I think you can upgrade pants, belt and calamity, not sure if you can get with 300m though.
Reply Quote
08/16/2013 09:24 PMPosted by Woogmoog
I think you can upgrade pants, belt and calamity, not sure if you can get with 300m though.

ahahaha

No they cost at least 1b. Maybe a better belt but it will only be a tiny upgrade as inna only go up to +100 dex (so 200 total). Calamity is the biggest thing, and I haven't found decent one that I like yet, not even on RM.
Reply Quote
08/16/2013 09:10 PMPosted by KirusAlufras

I think it depends on which side on the pond you English comes from.
Reply Quote
08/17/2013 01:04 AMPosted by The47thSen

I think it depends on which side on the pond you English comes from.

This I don't really know but my friends from Scotland and Germany use mate and pal mostly but not bud or fella.
Reply Quote
It depends on where they came from too. Different area uses different terms.. but might have the same meaning.

As for the OP.

Kirus, it's really hard to upgrade when you have "little" to spend.. coupled with "little" room to upgrade for.. I mean.. the number of items you are willing to change are small. :)) Mostly craftables too :)

Might be able to snag next level upgrades at the RMAH than in GAH now though.

We've felt like that when we're using the Sentry Build.. we're somewhat.. pigeon'ed in just.. 260k with Archery and Steady Aim I think... was a long time ago :)

That was with 0 CC and 0 CD. All Dex, APS, and AVGD and bonus damages/element.
Reply Quote
Chrizzle

I don't mind spend RM in the game, but only when it is worth while.

It is just hard to upgrade when each piece cost way to much for a tiny bit of growth. It might be a time just to wait for the new patch. But I don't think blizz will add anything to replace L4N and the boa.

I'm kind of on the edge of giving up on crafting new stuff.

This is my break down. I have 2b when I started crafting (1.07)
2,300m - the gold I have spend + gold I have earned (100m or so)
100 +255 + 220 + 80 + 40 + 607 (unid 152 pairs)
= 998m - 700m of what I have left = 398m on crafting
upgrade each character to P.Star and some R.Star so another 100m here?

So just a cost efficiency here. If it is cheaper to get an upgrade under 300m I will go buy it instead of using that gold to craft another 300m worth of gear.

I haven't sold anything on the high end lately. Just a lot of red gears for new players grinding. So I'm trying to sell my WD to get some gold back into my pocket. While gathering advice.
Reply Quote
hmm I was playing with gear today, and swap on a 6cc Nata's Sight dps went up by almost 10k, so I did the math 3% CC will add about 8000 dps.

I'm at 52% so getting 8% (2% from crafts and 6% from nata reflect) = 60% and it will be the end of this upgrade business as 60% will be the next bench mark. The 2% will take another 6 month to complete. The 6% will take some impossible luck. But it will put me at 223k with my current gear.

Guess I will have to see about what blizz has planned for me.
Reply Quote
dude. The legacy Nats not doing you any good. You legacy Nats Mark ring might fetch some decent sell in AH or in d2jsp.

But if i were you i would focus on the 4 areas which i think move you back to most standard DH gear been used now. anyway, i feel kinda odd giving my tips because clearly you are more experienced playing the game then i do.

1. I would slowly ditch every single piece of Legacy Nats starting with the boots. You can easily get 150+ dex 75+ AR Natalya bloody footprint for quite cheap.

2. Get a helm such as Mempo or at least Andariel Visage. Mempo without the CC stat can have Dex up to 250+, definite DPS and survival boost. Or 250+ dex CC 4.5 Andariel Visage with open socket again a definite DPS boost.

3. You can get 1.1k dps dual socket manticore easily. Get a 40% damage one if possible and slap in a ruby and emerald.

4. Basic DML quiver with 250+ Vit and Dex, 19 IAS, 9 CC.

Last would be to the remaining ring and armour. Get Nats Embrace +10 disc and 150+ vit again. very cheap. Ring ? Perhaps Unity?
Edited by Magic#1420 on 8/17/2013 10:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/17/2013 10:10 PMPosted by Magic
very cheap

how much is very cheap? 1m? 10m? 100m? or 1000m?
Reply Quote
I say screw it, unless you're getting bored.
Reply Quote
08/17/2013 10:10 PMPosted by Magic
dude. The legacy Nats not doing you any good.

He replied to that already regarding the idea of removing Legacy Nats.. it's mainly preference AFAIK.

He can ditch it but he wants 80 Discipline at least so.. :)
Reply Quote
Anyone using Nat helm? i'm sick of memPo
Reply Quote
their isn't much room to improve your gear since it conflicts with all those set bonuses you have. And items you can improve will only give you 5k dps increase maybe?

The only serious ways to improve your gear is an upgraded versions of the weapons, and adding ruby to one of them. (as someone else already pointed it out)

only items that can be improved to help you increase as much as possible.
neck
gloves
pants
belt
weapons

I'm not sure what website you use or if any to check upgrades for yourself but I normally use d3up.com. So that should help you but we're very much limited with the choices of gear we currently have. So not much room to be different.
Reply Quote
08/18/2013 01:37 AMPosted by ActionKungfu
I say screw it, unless you're getting bored.

lol I was teasing the poster above.

I don't think I will ever go and find a mempo, as I have sold every single one I found. They make good money XD. A Nata Sight will add more dps then a mempo if you are getting the 3pc bonus.

Manticore, I already have 320k (SA and no dex bonus DML) and MP8 is easy enough. But MP10 elite kills is a drag. If Killing any other than a bosses takes near 30 second, it is a waste of time. I like to finish them off within 5-15 seconds.

08/18/2013 01:42 AMPosted by SwSw
Anyone using Nat helm? i'm sick of memPo

You mean on your wizard??

I will only use nata helm on my hunter. You can get 3 things from it
1. set bonus
2. fear proc (imo 4-5% or trash)
3. dex, cc, and armor

08/18/2013 09:54 AMPosted by Krak
I'm not sure what website you use or if any to check upgrades for yourself but I normally use d3up.com. So that should help you but we're very much limited with the choices of gear we currently have. So not much room to be different.

I use my own spreadsheet. So it is easier to see the results.
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 8/18/2013 10:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/18/2013 01:38 AMPosted by Chrizzle

lol

How did you know. I was playing with 60 in VotA without prep and L4n. My discipline ran out when I'm half way from completing the circle. I had to walk which is really slow

I usually have SP-Shadow Glide on all the time, so I have +30% MS or I vault from pack to pack. Vaulting is a bit more risky as I often ran out of dis and have to wait before shooting at Reflect packs.
Reply Quote
This is only for certain players but I just wanted to throw this idea out as well.

You can start gearing for snapshotting like Nyan.

You already have ideal L4N Nat set with CC, Max Disc for snapshotting.
I know this isn't really an upgrade, but change of style can be fun sometimes!

Besides that, I don't think there's much room for upgrade besides your weapon.

Currently I made another DH with windforce while waiting to collect more gold. And it's mighty fun! Maybe you could start another DH just for fun!
Reply Quote
Very cheap as in affordable for non-gold buying. upgrades between 10m to 50m
Reply Quote
Posted by Magic
dude. The legacy Nats not doing you any good.

He replied to that already regarding the idea of removing Legacy Nats.. it's mainly preference AFAIK.

Yea sorry I did not read all the replies within the thread :D sorry about that. But doesn't the 4 piece legacy nats bonus gives you more discipline regen per sec and not an increase in the capacity?

Anyway, i think there's no harm in any DH players craving for more discipline. To me, i'd rather boost my DPS and rely on the nighstalker passive skill to gain discipline. On the disc capacity, 30 is abit too low, but an additional 10 disc from the either armour, quiver or SOJ would be just nice for me to gloom and kill elite packs. I find vaulting really useless in higher mp levels where your objective is to farm and not speed leveling.
Edited by Magic#1420 on 8/18/2013 8:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
08/18/2013 08:29 PMPosted by Magic
Yea sorry I did not read all the replies within the thread :D sorry about that. But doesn't the 4 piece legacy nats bonus gives you more discipline regen per sec and not an increase in the capacity?

Exactly. It does not increase capacity so the amount of skill you can span in 1 second is limited by your pool. So I still want to get to 50 and better at 60 if possible. I can get that if I go 1 hand, quiver and soj will give me an extra 20. So my biggest enemy is still my weapons.

NS is a passive, and we need passive to boost our dps because we don't have any active skill that adds pure damage.

I vault a lot, but I can't do that in high MP because I can only vault when I have Tactical Advantage. Or it is too slow. And I don't want to give up on a damage passive.

08/18/2013 08:13 PMPosted by Magic
Very cheap as in affordable for non-gold buying. upgrades between 10m to 50m

To help you solve some confusion, here are my answer to your suggestion

1. check monk
2. aps is useless when have hit your break point for each skill and
I will only use nata helm on my hunter. You can get 3 things from it
1. set bonus
2. fear proc (imo 4-5% or trash)
3. dex, cc, and armor
3. 1100 dps = trash Manti
Manticore are slow, so if you got a low damage one you are only hurting yourself when you pick to use that weapon. When searching, go for at least 1000 weapon damage (1200 dps).
4. DML I'm good. Stashed with a few different kinds for different skills.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]