Diablo® III

Can you put Diablo III 3 on a USB flash drive?

Heres the video showing you how to do it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSkSxSWsLcY

Is it legit? does it work? I want to know first before I get in trouble :(
Is this safe to use? I want to play Diablo at work hehehe :)

Thank y
Reply Quote
Ive used a usb to load it from my pc to laptop so so I didnt have to download again. I didnt watch the video but yes you if you have a large enough usb u can use it.
Reply Quote
Any time you install a program, it asks you what location you want to install it in so, yes it will work. Of course you'd probably have to launch the game from within the USB drive by clicking on the Diablo.exe file. A regular shortcut on your desktop wouldn't always work as your USB drive letter will likely change if you have other memory sticks or flashcards connected at times so the path the shortcut should be pointing to will change.

Best be using a good quality, fast USB 3.0 stick on a USB 3.0 port though.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
EPIC,

There's no problem with running the game from a USB drive other than perhaps the loading time being reduced from what it would be on an internal drive. In fact, many people use this method to combat asset loading issues believed to be responsible for stuttering in some cases.

One thing to keep in mind is that the game's preferences remain in your My Documents\Diablo III folder as well as any screenshots you may take. That's on the C drive and the game can't be altered to look or store them elsewhere. You can copy them freely and replace them on the target computer as desired though.

08/14/2013 03:53 PMPosted by Omrakos
One thing to keep in mind is that the game's preferences remain in your My Documents\Diablo III folder as well as any screenshots you may take. That's on the C drive and the game can't be altered to look or store them elsewhere.

What you can do, however, is to change the location of your "My Documents" folder (right-click on the folder, "location" tab, click "move"). Haven't tried moving this to a USB drive, but it should be no problem. Of course only makes sense if the USB drive is plugged in 100% of the time and you don't use the "My Documents" folder for storing huge files. For me, the D3 screenshots are the only thing that ends up in that folder, which is why I moved it into my Dropbox folder (for a cloud-based backup of all screenshots and D3 settings).
Reply Quote
You could also use an SSD harddisk. The latencies for read and write operations are insanely low. Since I got one I have no stuttering anymore and skills are used without delay when using them the first time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]