Diablo® III

Having trouble understanding EHP/DPS

I have been into the game for a while now, but being the crazy idiot I am I never focused on the meaning of EHP/DPS.

Mine is DPS:344,473.22 EHP:293,793.99

is this okay? and if not what should I change?
Reply Quote
do u die often? if the answer is no, then u r fine
Reply Quote
Taking a quick look at your profile, you have decent resists / armor / HP. Any more isn't necessary, but would be icing on the cake and that never hurts.

eHP = Effective Health Points, which is just a number generated based upon your resists, armor, HP, and various other damage reduction affixes.

eDPS = Effective DPS, which is your damage multiplier based upon your skill set up to enhance the damage shown on your profile. (Example: Stacking multiple EBs / Bolas, sentry, etc)

D3up.com is a good site breaks down eHP for you pretty well, as well as the damage your individual skills do, etc (which you can determine your relative eDPS from.)
Edited by Xenophis#1434 on 8/15/2013 9:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
oh btw dude, 30 disc is HORRIBLE
Reply Quote
I don't die much, but against certain affixes or against KW act2 I just get owned in MP10...

Even on MP6 the act2KW can completely own me, yet any other kw on mp10 is not too much of an issue.

I was just wondering what is the average eHP for areas at my damage?
Reply Quote
oh that dude, use BL and u r fine.

I get owned too by certain affixes on my Wiz. Is fine, that's what keeps the game interesting.
Reply Quote
30 disc is all I need, so throw as many insults at my character as you like :)

I have no shortness of discipline as it restores so quickly through my critical hits, and not all demon hunters need 40-60 disc just to make it work
Reply Quote
300k without dodge is perfectly manageable. ~500k is great, anything over that is gravy.

Your char is fine. Once you can afford dex/vit Nats boots and are able to replace shoulders with high AR version, you'll be set in terms of ehp
Reply Quote
OH GOD YEAH, thanks for the advice on the shoulders, I knew I forgot to improve something lol :D

If I ever reach the point of getting godly nat boots I think I would have got a chc mempo first, my Health is fine right now lol (well, for now)
Reply Quote

I have no shortness of discipline as it restores so quickly through my critical hits, and not all demon hunters need 40-60 disc just to make it work

okay..

1. I wasn't throwing insults and if I were, you would know.

2. 55.5 CC isn't high just so u know

3. And your skill choice + gear selection is just weird. Let me explain. First, you go with Inna's chest (which sucks on a DH) hoping to get more DPS thought the 130 dex bonus and by doing so, u're stuck with 30 disc. SO you try to remedy the situation by picking NS to help you with your disc.

i) You can easily get 130 dex bonus + 10 disc if you went embrace but no idea why you didn't

ii) You try to gain more DPS using Inna but you are actually handicapping yourself since you lose out on a DPS passive

4. 30 disc WONT CUT IT ON MP10 so don't tell me it restores quickly. I've played with 30-60 disc before so i know. Again, not insulting.
Reply Quote
I would like to see you get a nats cloak with this much vit+dex for only 10m :P

And it does cut it, I am perfectly fine

onto another thing, I just made new shoulders, they have a 2k damage drop, 2k life drop but gives 74 all res, worth it?
Reply Quote
You don't need godly nats boots, just something like 260/50 should be ~300m? I'm not on AH so I'm guesstimating.

Re Mempo: I hope you wont be disappointed with the results. In general for your char, 1%cc = ~40-45 dex, so if you get the cheapest (170/3%) Mempo, you'll only be gaining ~5k DPS. If you want to truly see a difference, don't settle for anything less than ~5%.

Edit: Regarding shoulders, do they have str/armor? You're getting ~300 armor from your current ones, so if the question is 40 AR vs 2k dps/life.. the call can go either way.
Edited by Ragnar#1875 on 8/15/2013 10:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
yeah I agree with you ragnar, I need around 2b for a decent mempo, I only have 90m right now so the gear improvement is limited to crafts ahaha
Reply Quote
And yes, it is around 300m for those stats, nice guess :D
Reply Quote

okay..

3. And your skill choice + gear selection is just weird. Let me explain. First, you go with Inna's chest (which sucks on a DH) hoping to get more DPS thought the 130 dex bonus and by doing so, u're stuck with 30 disc. SO you try to remedy the situation by picking NS to help you with your disc.

i) You can easily get 130 dex bonus + 10 disc if you went embrace but no idea why you didn't

ii) You try to gain more DPS using Inna but you are actually handicapping yourself since you lose out on a DPS passive

4. 30 disc WONT CUT IT ON MP10 so don't tell me it restores quickly. I've played with 30-60 disc before so i know. Again, not insulting.

Tone it down with that nonsense. There are plenty of DHs who can run MP10 easily with 30 disc, I included, as others have seen. High disc is only a bonus, not a requirement. Not everyone wants to sacrifice 70 all res or 180 dex / 290 vit for +10 disc on their cloak. Nor do all DHs want to give up using a 6 crit mempo for 4 piece nats.

Pretty close-minded thinking there.
Reply Quote

okay..

Tone it down with that nonsense. There are plenty of DHs who can run MP10 easily with 30 disc, I included, as others have seen. High disc is only a bonus, not a requirement. Not everyone wants to sacrifice 70 all res or 180 dex / 290 vit for +10 disc on their cloak. Nor do all DHs want to give up using a 6 crit mempo for 4 piece nats.

i'll take you more seriously when you get more game time. In the mean time, i'll let you know why you're the one with the nonsense.

1. Who said about 4p Nats? Pretty limited knowledge here I guess.

2. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Xenophis-1434/hero/12236777 You mean this on MP10? Sure, i mean if your idea of run MP10 easily is being tanky with crappy DPS, then my bad. Just so u know, i'm not interested in taking ages to kill an elite pack

3. I'm not saying +10 disc on cloak is mandatory, i'm suggesting it as an option but IMO that's the best place to get your disc.

4. please use a quiver and no surprise u're against me since u're with inna's chest. Bad choice
Reply Quote
I would like to see you get a nats cloak with this much vit+dex for only 10m :P

And it does cut it, I am perfectly fine

onto another thing, I just made new shoulders, they have a 2k damage drop, 2k life drop but gives 74 all res, worth it?

IMO, you should definitely have AR on your shoulders, it is almost a must have affix in that slot.

Your inna's pants, however, are another story. I would rather have a pair with either Dex/Vit or 150+ Vit as the random affix.
Reply Quote
Oh and speaking about 30 disc, is just hilarious. I mean you pick inna hoping to gain more dex and vitality (more DPS) but then resort to NS for disc management.

NS = defensive passive
SA = offensive passive
CtW = offensive passive

so you see, you're just shooting yourself in the feet and still don't realize it.
Reply Quote

i'll take you more seriously when you get more game time. In the mean time, i'll let you know why you're the one with the nonsense.

1. Who said about 4p Nats? Pretty limited knowledge here I guess.

2. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Xenophis-1434/hero/12236777 You mean this on MP10? Sure, i mean if your idea of run MP10 easily is being tanky with crappy DPS, then my bad. Just so u know, i'm not interested in taking ages to kill an elite pack

3. I'm not saying +10 disc on cloak is mandatory, i'm suggesting it as an option but IMO that's the best place to get your disc.

4. please use a quiver and no surprise u're against me since u're with inna's chest. Bad choice

I'll just stop you right there and say every single one of your points are invalid. As if you know what content I can run, or even know I utilize my DH during gameplay. Have you ever played Mp10 content with me like others have? My memory must have slipped a minute, because I don't recall.

And trust me. My eDPS far outdoes most 350k+ DHs without breaking a sweat. 0 deaths. MP10 elites burned in 20 - 30 seconds average. Butcher's approximate 190M HP in under 2 minutes? No problem. Do the math.

And it is absolutely HILARIOUS that you think I can afford my 1750 dps 11/98/50 calamity, but I don't have a cloak or a quiver to switch to. Again, reiterating my point that you're absolutely close-minded.

And more gametime? What kind of idiotic reasoning is that? As if a player with 800 hours of gameplay is any worse at theorycrafting or using a keyboard and mouse than a player with 2000 hours. Get real my friend.
Edited by Xenophis#1434 on 8/15/2013 10:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/15/2013 10:13 AMPosted by RedCell
I would rather have a pair with either Dex/Vit or 150+ Vit as the random affix.

I have been thinking of doing that, but as I said, I dont think I need the vitality right now :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]