Diablo® III

Any other Dual Fisted monks out there?

08/19/2013 04:22 PMPosted by RelytReborn
It is very rare to find a fist with these stats and even rarer to find one with dex attached

UM, why would you bother linking a crappy weapon like that? It sucks! Sorry for being blunt but who needs spirit regen on a weapon while loosing important dps? Granted some weapons like a WKL (that I use) have the extra damage bonus but that is just a waste of time. lol sorry dude.
Reply Quote
View profile
Sorry Git but if you want to TR dual wielding while maintining good DPS Rely's fist is the way to giterdun.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
Nice fists all around! I duel wield with a FOA some times, but when using dual ls, stick with what is equipped currently. I feel I also got a steal on my off hand fist some time back - very similar to yours @Crypter.
Reply Quote
Does it make sense to use 2 fists for a cookie cutter (without bells), other than the fact that it seems more suited for a monk character?
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 08:25 PMPosted by rahl
Does it make sense to use 2 fists for a cookie cutter (without bells), other than the fact that it seems more suited for a monk character?
The weapon type really doesn't matter other than aps.

A sword and a fist are basically the same other than them being exclusive for a monk.
Reply Quote
View profile
Sorry Git but if you want to TR dual wielding while maintining good DPS Rely's fist is the way to giterdun.

Cheers,
CC-

+1

08/26/2013 05:44 AMPosted by Giterdun
It is very rare to find a fist with these stats and even rarer to find one with dex attached

UM, why would you bother linking a crappy weapon like that? It sucks! Sorry for being blunt but who needs spirit regen on a weapon while loosing important dps? Granted some weapons like a WKL (that I use) have the extra damage bonus but that is just a waste of time. lol sorry dude.

You don't like spirit regen? :(
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 08:40 PMPosted by SirNick
The weapon type really doesn't matter other than aps.

A sword and a fist are basically the same other than them being exclusive for a monk.

Wouldn't then a sword/other weps be better on account of higher dps? Don't get me wrong, I would love to swap my sword for a fist to match my WKL ;)
Reply Quote
I run dual fists.

I'm currently working on getting more IAS while maintaining the stats I have. Hopefully getting more APS will help with only having single LS.
Reply Quote
I rock my WKL every now and then. It's purty.

http://s14.postimg.org/50zg9cc8x/Won_khim_lau.png
Reply Quote
Yep, dual fist weapons just look so darn neat. Plus it's staying thematic to the class in my opinion. Using the same weapon concept on my Demon Hunter as well. Danetta's sure are fun.

I do like dual swords from time to time too, but it's mostly just to switch gear/builds up from 2600+ LoH to 6% LS instead; essentially to accomplish different things, experiment, and ect.
Reply Quote

Cheers,
CC-

TR build is for 2H weapons like a skorn...right?? That's kinda common knowledge. I'm just sayin maybe some ppl can pull it off. I for one use a WKL but also use WoL which I'm told is rather a 50/50 build.
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 08:47 PMPosted by RelytReborn

Not where dps, crit, ias etc.. are sacrificed. Doesn't make sense. Extra spirit regen comes from a set bonus or a skill rune not weapons. Using spirit regen on a weapon makes as much sense as (as Larry says :D) "it's like wipin before you poop, just don't make any sense".. lol sorry pal.

Of course if you like it and it works for you, all the power to ya. I just don't see doing mp10 with that weapon imo.

PEACE
Reply Quote
08/26/2013 11:24 PMPosted by Cayzer
I rock my WKL every now and then. It's purty.

OH that IS purdy!! 957 dps with 70+ crit and os is NIICE. Sadly it's hard finding a 25% one with 900 range dps that's worth while. Enjoy m'friend.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/27/2013 06:23 AMPosted by Giterdun

Not where dps, crit, ias etc.. are sacrificed. Doesn't make sense. Extra spirit regen comes from a set bonus or a skill rune not weapons. Using spirit regen on a weapon makes as much sense as (as Larry says :D) "it's like wipin before you poop, just don't make any sense".. lol sorry pal.

Of course if you like it and it works for you, all the power to ya. I just don't see doing mp10 with that weapon imo.

PEACE

Look at Fitz's WoL guide. It will explain the use of MH's and OH's in a WoL focused build. Hopefully this gives you some insight into my thinking.

With regard to sr being seen as a sacrifice, to each his own! Keep in mind the build my monk is sporting: TR/Bells/LPSS(atm) It makes perfect sense if you think on it more.
Reply Quote
Dual handed Bell dropper here. I like it better than skorn, soooooo slow.
Reply Quote
I don't get why you are ragging on his dual wield tr, when you are running wkl bells..

I mean it's all preference, but if we are going to get into effectiveness, his is more reasonable than a wkl for bells.
Reply Quote
Just got another fist weap, now i'm running dual fists as well :D ,
sadly both of their LS kinda pathetic, but whatever,
i just love the way my monk swinging his forearms so freely while running with fist weaps.
Reply Quote
View profile
08/27/2013 07:08 PMPosted by Faust
Dual handed Bell dropper here. I like it better than skorn, soooooo slow.

tell you what, pass along your oh to someone else looking to dw sr fists and ill upgrade you with my old oh since you're repping dw/sr. got two available take your pick:

http://i.imgur.com/G1f58Ob.jpg

both are on ah currently. lemme know.
Edited by RelytReborn#1727 on 8/28/2013 12:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
I got inspired by this thread to look back into lpss fists. check out the new lpss oh. never seen anything like it!
Reply Quote
Look at Fitz's WoL guide. It will explain the use of MH's and OH's in a WoL focused build. Hopefully this gives you some insight into my thinking.

With regard to sr being seen as a sacrifice, to each his own! Keep in mind the build my monk is sporting: TR/Bells/LPSS(atm) It makes perfect sense if you think on it more.

Thank you for your post, I understand that certain builds and gear are suitable to a persons preferences but I feel compelled to mention to my defense that again, spirit regen on a weapon while loosing cd or ias or whatever in that important slot is a waste. Yes I know that WoL is a big spirit spender but at the same time, I have NO problem with spirit. I spam bells while keeping my mantra up and sweeping wind so I would prefer to have the important damage dealing abilities on the weapon rather than something that I don't need.

That's all I was saying. Good hunting and good luck.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]