Diablo® III

Any other Dual Fisted monks out there?

I don't get why you are ragging on his dual wield tr, when you are running wkl bells..

I mean it's all preference, but if we are going to get into effectiveness, his is more reasonable than a wkl for bells.

I can understand your point because a WKL isn't build for WoL but it is a rather 50/50 build. I personally think it maximizes the most damage output because WoL is rather OP and quite frankly to not use it would be a waste in my opinion.

I use the lightning damage bonuses for my primary attack and use WoL for my secondary because it does SOO much damage and has multiple uses. It can be used as a CC or burst dmg for life return on LS or to just clear stuff fast to get out of AOE. All in all, I believe my build is awesome for my play style and optimal for the most damage output while maintaining survival.

In regards to TR.. it's not really all that effective on high mp and certainly not on mp10 which is what I play. When I talk about skills and abilities I'm talking end game difficulty but as mentioned it's all up to the players likes and style. IF it works for you, have fun.

As Larry says...GETRDONE!!!
Reply Quote
08/28/2013 01:06 PMPosted by Giterdun
Thank you for your post, I understand that certain builds and gear are suitable to a persons preferences but I feel compelled to mention to my defense that again, spirit regen on a weapon while loosing cd or ias or whatever in that important slot is a waste. Yes I know that WoL is a big spirit spender but at the same time, I have NO problem with spirit. I spam bells while keeping my mantra up and sweeping wind so I would prefer to have the important damage dealing abilities on the weapon rather than something that I don't need.
I don't get why you say that. You can't rag on something if it's just your preference or needs.

You don't need spirit for your build and you don't want it, it doesn't give you the right to call it crap and say that it's not worth it or anything.

08/28/2013 01:13 PMPosted by Giterdun
I believe my build is awesome for my play style
Exactly, and tr can be effective. It's mobility alone makes it effective for any mp, it's not supposed to be the damage maker on higher mps. Thats the bell/ep job.

Yes it does come down to preference. So stop calling his spec ineffective when it's just your personal playstyle that wouldn't like that spec/fists..

I hope you are getting the point
Reply Quote
Yes it does come down to preference. So stop calling his spec ineffective when it's just your personal playstyle that wouldn't like that spec/fists..

I didn't say the build was ineffective, I said the weapon was!!! I did say that TR isn't great for high mp and that is also correct and an opinion but I made a point of saying if it works for you then have fun.

My point is to the weapon linked:

http://i.imgur.com/pKEYiFS.jpg IT'S CRAP!!!

I vendor items like that. It's not even 900 dps.. now if your using a WKL and getting a bonus from the weapon to stack with two main abilities then it more than makes up for the dps loss but using an 846k dps weapon that isn't black damage or has average damage on mp10 is just stupid and not effective and your loosing important dps that you need. When I see people in groups with weapons like that I sigh and either vote kick em or just leave the group.

I welcome you to try and pay attention to what people say, you might not get that misunderstanding in the future.
Edited by Giterdun#1791 on 8/28/2013 3:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile
@Giterdun

Okay, so I agree the weapon on the left could use another stat rolled, such as dex, but it's far from crap imo. Btw, i got pretty cheap and those are challenging/ high stat rolls if you can believe it. lol if you're vending stuff like that, please give to me instead if they roll similar (preferably sr/ls/dex/os/cd). The one on the right is a beastly OH though... if you can't see that it's good for my particular build I'm sorry. That's why I referenced Fitz's WoL guide to enlighten you on MH and OH stats to go for.

anywho...

You said:
I understand that certain builds and gear are suitable to a persons preferences but I feel compelled to mention to my defense that again, spirit regen on a weapon while loosing cd or ias or whatever in that important slot is a waste.

This sounds hypocritical. how can you say it's suitable, but a waste? If it suits the build than it's not a waste. SR not only suits it, it completes the build. Also, CD should not be mentioned anymore as being sacrificed since it's on every stat stick i've posted and near perfect at that. Since I don't think you understood Fitz's guide; MH average damage is one of the most important aspects of a dw/wol build. The OH should act as a stat stick primarily, the average dam on an OH is nice, but the MH pretty much takes over for bells. It is justifiably called a stat stick, not necessarily for having really high avg dmg. I'd shoot for 800+ damage on an OH stat stick if the stats are good. Going for edps not pdps.

Here's a question: if you were a TR/DW/LPSS/WoL monk would you choose regen or ias? For me it was an easy answer. I love both, but regen can only roll on limited gear. Not to mention ias drains tr quicker, but i don't really mind since it regens me quicker now with lpss and my sr is more than enough to handle the ias/tr issue between packs and what not.

You also said:
In regards to TR.. it's not really all that effective on high mp and certainly not on mp10 which is what I play.

TR is one the greatest skills in the game. no point arguing, it's a fact. wait till paragon 2.0 hits and MS gets upped. I'll be running circles around packs for days. it is great for speed, slowing enemies, evading w/e, gathering packs, just an awesome skill that is enhanced by lpss as well. I'm getting 6k regen per sec when i tr. I run mp10 with it and it is incredibly helpful. It has been the skill that has stuck with me through thick and thin.

And this just made me lol:
I did say that TR isn't great for high mp and that is also correct and an opinion
Reply Quote
RelytReborn,

Just forget it. Not worth it.
Reply Quote
08/28/2013 05:06 PMPosted by RelytReborn
I did say that TR isn't great for high mp and that is also correct and an opinion

lol, it's a fact and an opinion.
Reply Quote
Just went two fisted ;)
Reply Quote
08/28/2013 06:32 PMPosted by rahl
Just went two fisted ;)

There's a misunderstanding that "u must place WKL in ur Mainhand or u won't get the lightning skill bonus," and that is so wrong. u will always get the lightning skill bonus as long as u are equipped with WKL, and the 1 with higher weapon dmg should always be placed in ur mainhand cus the dmg of skills like sweeping wind are solely based of the weapon dmg of ur mainhand.
Hope this helps clear that.
Reply Quote
@Giterdun

Add me up and i will show you the power of dual wielding spirit fists :D cant wait to hit 200K dps with spirit fists. Then it will be time to own MP10.
Reply Quote
Unfortunately due to a technical problem my large response didn't get posted so I'm just going to give it my best.

About what I said that didn't make sense, I'm sorry I miss typed, I've been in the hospital and had some health problems lately so not feeling myself so I apologize. I also want to make it clear what I say or have said is meant to offend anyone. I'm a kind person and don't mean any harm.

Having said that I would like to talk about:

08/28/2013 05:06 PMPosted by RelytReborn
This sounds hypocritical. how can you say it's suitable, but a waste? If it suits the build than it's not a waste

I know some topics are very controversial and opinionated but based on my research, game play, other players and general knowledge of skills and abilities I believe what I have said is true, What I meant about TR is that most monk's I've talked too and the research + trying out different builds is that the DW monk is the most efficient along with some of it's abilities and skills and that TR just isn't really efficient. Maybe you like it and prefer it and that's your choice, knock yourself out (not literally). lol.

If you like TR, go for it!!! Have fun, BUT if your interested in fast very efficient monster kills check out my build.

About the weapon and spirit regeneration:

Weapons are the primary method of dealing damage thus also the main source of life steal and if you are using low dps weapons with bonuses that can be acquired EASILY by just using your main attack with as much IAS then you certainly don't need to sacrifice important stats wether it's your off hand or main hand.

Black damage weapons are BIS (fact not opinion) and having that important average damage plus weapon damage % are key to dps and survival. Survival = DPS. If your not alive or dying too much to DPS than your not playing very well and that's no fun right?

So my point being that if your basic skills (ie: FoT - TC, WoTF etc..) are generating PLENTY of spirit already, why sacrifice important stats you can only get on a weapon like that average damage and weapon %? I know for TR and WoL you need A LOT of spirit but if you properly use your main attack, and use the right weapons, you won't need it. See my point?

Anyhow, I welcome you to try out new things and research other sites and forums like I did because with the build I am using and gear I have, I almost NEVER die and I clear mobs FAST simply because I tried different abilities and skills and found a good method.

I hope this straightens out my point and helps you understand what I was saying. That weapon linked is a vendor item. As I said, I vendor them ALL the time because their LOW DPS and are missing important stats that are actually needed on a weapon.

As Larry always says.. GETRDONE!! :D
Reply Quote
@Giterdun

Add me up and i will show you the power of dual wielding spirit fists :D cant wait to hit 200K dps with spirit fists. Then it will be time to own MP10.

Thanks for the invite but I'm happy with what I'm using and also not playing D3 as much as other games right now so don't have the time. Good luck and have fun.
Reply Quote
View profile
@Larry the Cable Guy

gotcha. sorry about the medical issues. I think we'll both agree to disagree on the builds. Add me in game if you ever want to run or show off your stuff. you can check me out in action too!
Reply Quote
08/28/2013 10:30 PMPosted by Glendon
Just went two fisted ;)

There's a misunderstanding that "u must place WKL in ur Mainhand or u won't get the lightning skill bonus," and that is so wrong. u will always get the lightning skill bonus as long as u are equipped with WKL, and the 1 with higher weapon dmg should always be placed in ur mainhand cus the dmg of skills like sweeping wind are solely based of the weapon dmg of ur mainhand.
Hope this helps clear that.

Oh don't worry I was just trying to get my other fist weapon to look ok at the startup screen, but it didn't, so WKL is back to its glorious position in the OH.
Reply Quote
View profile
Picked up a legacy Fist of Az with LS and now running around with two clubbed fists!!

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
@Larry the Cable Guy

gotcha. sorry about the medical issues. I think we'll both agree to disagree on the builds. Add me in game if you ever want to run or show off your stuff. you can check me out in action too!

Thank you for saying so. I sure was expecting a lot more and am happy to see your reaction.

I'm always interested in meeting new friends so I will add you and the other guy and maybe learn something new or show something new. Who know's, its a game and were having run right?

Peace out m'friends :D
Reply Quote
View profile
Picked up a legacy Fist of Az with LS and now running around with two clubbed fists!!

Cheers,
CC-

lol. nice boxing gloves. I have extra spirit gear if you want to borrow and play around with. I highly encourage it for the fun of it.

items are:
FoAz MH(almost identical to my MH FoAZ),
Dex/sr/ls/cd/os Oh,
ar/sr inna helm

or

FoAz MH+
lpss/sr helm +
lpss/ls/sr/cd/os oh (currently wearing lpss gear if you want to see)

have an extra soj too.

just ask and ill lend, but will be on vacation for the weekend.
Reply Quote
With recently acquired mh fist, now wielding 2 fists using a nirvana build.
Reply Quote
View profile

Cheers,
CC-

lol. nice boxing gloves. I have extra spirit gear if you want to borrow and play around with. I highly encourage it for the fun of it.

items are:
FoAz MH(almost identical to my MH FoAZ),
Dex/sr/ls/cd/os Oh,
ar/sr inna helm

or

FoAz MH+
lpss/sr helm +
lpss/ls/sr/cd/os oh (currently wearing lpss gear if you want to see)

have an extra soj too.

just ask and ill lend, but will be on vacation for the weekend.

Thanks for the offer but I actually have SR weapons which I used for a theoretical brawl build but didnt pan out to well hahah

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
View profile
really? back in the day i was brawling with lpss fists that were just okay comparatively to what i have now and i did pretty well except for one shots of course... very helpful against rend and haunt. i wonder how i'd do now in brawling... havent done for so long.
Reply Quote
Wish Bliz would do something for brawling... I loved it so much for couple months and it died out completely.

And RR, unfortunately the set up won't work in brawling..!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]