Diablo® III

Can Diablo be installed on MAC from a CD

I posses macbook air 2013 just bought an external DVD drive and i am stuck on 0.0%. The question is like in the topic can it be done. I have internet connection but not to download GBs of data. I have to use the cd. What can be done to fix this.

Air have latest software i really dont know what to do.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
You'll still want to make sure these ports are open. The installation from a disc still requires access to the Internet.

I don't think that this is port issue as I was abble to download the Agent and start the download the digital version. The thing is that with my connection after 1h i had 0.9%. Right now my CD is spining an progres is still 0.0% after a while it stops and then after a minute it starts again

In the programs the file "Diablo III. temp" was created with 12 files inside. Any sugestions what can i do?
Reply Quote
And yes i fallowed quidance from concerning ports and i have acces to the internet as i an typing and trying to instal the game right now
Reply Quote
it also looks like it swiches automaticly and startes to download game fro the internet as i have 0.3% after like 40 min and the cd is in the drive
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
What's the make and model of your router?
You have the physical disc, but trying to download the digital copy?

Downloading the digital copy installer doesn't need any special ports opened. The installation process may, which is why your physical disc installation is stuck.

I recommend checking those ports to see if they are open, then trying again with the installation.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
You have the physical disc, but trying to download the digital copy?

Downloading the digital copy installer doesn't need any special ports opened. The installation process may, which is why your physical disc installation is stuck.

I recommend checking those ports to see if they are open, then trying again with the installation.

Ths digital version and disc version require the same open ports as they both download patch data directly from Blizzard's CDN servers. If the ports are causing one installation method to fail it they will cause the other to fail as well. Downloading the setup app itself requires no special ports be open, but during installation they must be open or the install will not proceed.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
From my understanding xfive493 is having a very long wait time to download the digital copy while his/her CD installation sits at 0%. This is why I suggested checking those ports.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
View profile
08/30/2013 06:51 PMPosted by Cruciarius
From my understanding xfive493 is having a very long wait time to download the digital copy while his/her CD installation sits at 0%. This is why I suggested checking those ports.

The install time like that is typical of Blizzard's installers. I'm not sure anybody even knows why, but WoW's installer does that as well. It takes 2-3 hours sometimes just to get to the download phase. Just let it run and do its thing and go make a sammich or three - it'll finish eventually.
Caution: This cookie bites back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]